I can't believe there are people delusional enough to think that DC would beat Gus in a rematch

Matty da Ranga

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's very alarming to know just how many people think that DC would beat Gus in a rematch.....it says a lot about the IQ of Sherdog and MMA fans in general. Seriously, DC beat him by the skin of his teeth in a fight that many thought Gus won. Since then, DC:
- Was gifted the W on a silver platter by Rumble "fuck striking, this is suplex city!" Johnson
- Got his head kicked off by Jones
- Beat Volkan, because of course he did

So basically DC has only gotten older, slower, less durable, and further away from his prime in every way since he fought Gus 3 years ago. Alex on the other hand, beat Blachowicz handily and then looked better than ever in his dominating win over Glover. Gus showed different elements to his game against Glover while DC has not evolved at all since UFC 192.

I honestly do not give Cormier much of a chance against Alex 2.0 in a rematch, but DC does have a lot of fanboys on Sherdog so I'm sure they will continue to deny reality, which is that today's Alex beats any version of Daniel.

Gus had also lost his last fight by KO (which showed in his hesitant striking) and DC had just won the belt, all the momentum was on his favor. Still, Gus 2, 3 and 4.

Does Gus even fight anymore?

Guy is extremely talented but I'm sick of hearing about how he's the best LHW in the world when he's so inactive.

Last edited:
Well since Cormier is the second best LHW in history, yeah i can see why people would think he would beat Gus

I would favor Gus as well, but LOL at you downplaying the dominating Rumble and Volkan wins, and then hyping up Gus' wins over Blachowicz and dinosaur Glover.

Nobody knows what would happen as we are not psychic and Gus has lost every title fight, there's absolutely zero evidence for me to think that he would 100% win.
It's called being rational.

Looking forward to seeing Alex fight again in 2019!

Eventually DC will get old, so I guess Gus can win via attrition...

Is Jones African American?

One fighter was nearly finished in that fight, one fighter lost all the championship rounds on all scorecards, one fighter wasn't declared the winner that night.... It wasn't the African American, so what is your point?

DC is black, Gus stand no chance

I cant believe people think Gus is an active fighter

I don't think TS knows what "delusional" means.

Just because DC lost to Jones doesn't mean he still wouldn't beat Gus.

Gus is 0-3 against the top LHWs.

Why is Gus the favourite in any of them?
Bring back Rumble to retire Gus please.

I’m 100% sure Gus fans are all secret comedians that are trolling us all. It’ll take the LHW division to literally die off for Gus to come back and fight let alone become champion.

I'm as far from a fan of DC as one can be, I dislike his persona more than his fighting style, but I see it playing out the same, with more wrestlefucking from DC's side. I hope Stipe beats him, because if DC humps and paws his way to a decision, he'll retire right away as "one of the greatest", and he and the UFC will never shut up about it. Also, Gus should stop twittering and start fighting. Dude fights once a year.

Back