I can't do this s*** anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Bobby Boulders , I feel like maybe you could give some advice itt for some reason.
Idk.

Finding a reason to live helped me. Goals. Being responsible for whether those goals are met or not. I stopped drinking solely based on the fact that it would hinder me from accomplishing my goals. So, goals, if taken seriously, can bring about positive change in one's life.

Cutting family out of one's life is fine, provided you have any other meaningful relationships. Life is hard, and while you don't necessarily need your family (especially if they're scum bags), it's a good idea to maintain a meaningful relationship with SOMEBODY... If you don't feel you can trust people, that is bc you don't pick winners with whom to share your life. Be more selective of those with whom you share your time, bc the company you keep is a direct reflection of yourself.

He says that he has sought help for most of his life and has received little benefit from it, but he appears to be taking steps to help himself, which is the most important thing one can do. "If it's to be it's up to me." That's some true, real shit. Effort is more important than the goal. Finding something to live for, that's only a fraction of it. Actually making steps to achieve, that makes life worthwhile, whether the goal is met or not.

Hang in there bud, you've been through a lot of shit in the past and gotten through that, you can get through this.

Not sure exactly what part you're getting at, but I think you're getting mixed up when I said I haven't actually lived for most of my life, I've just existed. Yes, Speeity, I know it's all on me. I know my life isn't very good because I made stupid decisions. I already said that in the OP. I'm not blaming anybody else except for myself for my addiction and for why I fucked a lot of things up for myself for the time being. Long before drugs, before I actually had any real problems I was always fucked up. I was always depressed. It apparently runs in my family according to one of my aunts (the only aunt I have that actually cares about anybody besides herself), but I guess I got it worse than everybody else for some reason and always did. Like I said, I've always naturally been this way. Some of us just don't have the strength to do the things most other people in the world do and it's not a physical problem, it's something else.

They make things for the clinically depressed. Start there brotha

You're 24 and you're talking as if your life is over!?!
You're still a fucking kid. Your life has barely begun. How the hell have you already established that you can "never be happy", and that 17 was last time you felt alive?
You need to sit down and put things in perspective.
You are young. You have the internet. I assume you have an electronic device that you're posting threads from. You have the time to post on a mixed martial arts forum. You have had the resources to see multiple therapists. You ain't doing that bad, dude. Your life is not destroyed at the age of 24.
Older people with bigger problems put themselves back together with far less.

It starts with you. You have to want to change. You're just talking and not acting. Lol you think all those therapists didn't know what they were talking about and couldn't help you?
There is NOTHING that the best therapist on the planet can do for somebody that DOESN'T WANT HELP. If you won't listen, if you won't help yourself, how the hell is someone supposed to help you? You think you have it all figured out, but you don't. Im 10 years your senior, and i learn new shit about myself and the world everyday.

Stop thinking negatively. You won't get anywhere with a negative attitude.
Get your ass in a gym. Exercise. Eat well. Go outside for a walk. Build a strong body, and that will help you to build a strong mind. Do shit that will make you feel good(not drugs obviously), and then you will start to think positively.
Find what you want to do with your life, and stop blaming others for where you are in life. At the end of the day it doesn't matter whose fault was what. You're not getting any money for winning a dumb 10 year old argument
Focus on the future.
If you want something in this life, you take it. No one is going to hand it to you.

He doesn't want advice. These threads are a monthly thing occurrence. Then he gets mad when nobody feels bad for him or tells him it's everyone else's fault.

I wish you well dude, many people are lucky to have great circumstances in life, sometimes it's not the case.Hope things get better.

You're still a fucking kid. Your life has barely begun. How the hell have you already established that you can "never be happy", and that 17 was last time you felt alive?
You are young. You have the internet. I assume you have an electronic device that you're posting threads from. You have the time to post on a mixed martial arts forum. You have had the resources to see multiple therapists. You ain't doing that bad, dude. Your life is not destroyed at the age of 24.

It starts with you. You have to want to change. You're just talking and not acting. Lol you think all those therapists didn't know what they were talking about and couldn't help you?
There is NOTHING that the best therapist on the planet can do for somebody that DOESN'T WANT HELP. If you won't listen, if you won't help yourself, how the hell is someone supposed to help you? You think you have it all figured out, but you don't. Im 10 years your senior, and i learn new shit about myself and the world everyday.

Get your ass in a gym. Exercise. Eat well. Go outside for a walk. Build a strong body, and that will help you to build a strong mind. Do shit that will make you feel good(not drugs obviously), and then you will start to think positively.
Find what you want to do with your life, and stop blaming others for where you are in life. At the end of the day it doesn't matter whose fault was what. You're not getting any money for winning a dumb 10 year old argument
Focus on the future.
If you want something in this life, you take it. No one is going to hand it to you.

Focus on the future.

Citizen-Kane-gif.gif

I can relate.

The only long term solution here is to fix the things causing you to be unhappy

Get off drugs. Stay sober

Get an education, make more money.

Find passions and hobbies. Workout. Meditate.

Bro youre really not fucking listening or paying attention at all because despite your moping, your ego is so damn huge that you have this shit figured out. Like, that's the sinister part of what's going on with you: you say all of the "right things" but deep down you really think you're smarter than everyone and no one is intelligent enough to grasp you by your neck and tell you what's up.

This "it's on me" shit only works when it IS on you. What I am telling you right now, is that you have to, i mean you have to, shut the fuck up for 5 seconds and drop your ego long enough to surrender yourself to people who can actually help you.

"I've seen tons of therapists and..." and fucking what dude? What? These trained professionals don't know how to deal with you? You are so special and unique and one of a kind that these people who have dealt with dozens, possibly hundreds of people just like you have no clue what to do?

There are people who know how to help you. You are lucky enough to have access to the proper channels to truly honestly get a fresh start, but you are too lazy to just follow through because have no doubt, it's going to be the hardest thing you've ever done, and your ego is too big to admit that you have re-program, despite you, for years now, saying you have to reprogram.

You know the answers and solutions, and those are way harder than whining about how hard you have it. I know this is going to piss you right off and the pain you're feeling is 100% real, i don't doubt it, but you need to wake up for a second and consider that there are thousands of people out there who don't have the access to the proper channels like you do and think about what a prick you would be to not take advantage of those.

The people you see who are truly at rock bottom, i mean levels below how you feel, are the egocentric ones who kept saying "I got this, no one understands me, no one wants to help anyway, have to do this on my own i guess, but i'm too weak" with all of that circular logic that feels really good to indulge in.

Listen here, bro, if you really "Didn't want to live" you wouldn't be living right now. Period. You can repeat things that sound all dramatic and cool all you want, but a part of you, a bigger part than you are willing to admit, obviously wants to be alive, so lets use that as your groundwork.

At this point we know:
@That209 wants to be alive
He doesn't want to continue destructive habits while being alive
He knows he needs help
He is "not strong enough to help himself"

Hmmm, sounds like to stay alive, he needs the proper help. But most of all, he needs to be willing to actually receive said help, which means that he should listen to his own inner dialogue, the one that says "I have no clue what the fuck i'm doing" and go to people who can give him the proper blocks to build that up.

I'm not doing that fake "Tough love" stuff either, i'm being honest with you and being as objective as possible here. It sucks to see a friend hurt, online, offline, whatever, i consider you a friend and your feelings matter, but i'm also not going to let you get away with constantly whining about not knowing what to do then spitting at the feet of the people that do. You're a boat in the ocean and you can second guess that lighthouse all you want, but there's only one way to shore; not gonna sit here and listen to complain about being wet if you're not gonna steer the boat, sailor.

<3
<Bottle.gif>

Surrender, get help, work hard at it.

There is no other successful option.

And this is the guy who fought hard in the mod booth back in the day to get you unbanned, so you know I'm rooting for you.

Bro youre really not fucking listening or paying attention at all because despite your moping, your ego is so damn huge that you have this shit figured out. Like, that's the sinister part of what's going on with you: you say all of the "right things" but deep down you really think you're smarter than everyone and no one is intelligent enough to grasp you by your neck and tell you what's up.

This "it's on me" shit only works when it IS on you. What I am telling you right now, is that you have to, i mean you have to, shut the fuck up for 5 seconds and drop your ego long enough to surrender yourself to people who can actually help you.

"I've seen tons of therapists and..." and fucking what dude? What? These trained professionals don't know how to deal with you? You are so special and unique and one of a kind that these people who have dealt with dozens, possibly hundreds of people just like you have no clue what to do?

There are people who know how to help you. You are lucky enough to have access to the proper channels to truly honestly get a fresh start, but you are too lazy to just follow through because have no doubt, it's going to be the hardest thing you've ever done, and your ego is too big to admit that you have re-program, despite you, for years now, saying you have to reprogram.

You know the answers and solutions, and those are way harder than whining about how hard you have it. I know this is going to piss you right off and the pain you're feeling is 100% real, i don't doubt it, but you need to wake up for a second and consider that there are thousands of people out there who don't have the access to the proper channels like you do and think about what a prick you would be to not take advantage of those.

The people you see who are truly at rock bottom, i mean levels below how you feel, are the egocentric ones who kept saying "I got this, no one understands me, no one wants to help anyway, have to do this on my own i guess, but i'm too weak" with all of that circular logic that feels really good to indulge in.

Listen here, bro, if you really "Didn't want to live" you wouldn't be living right now. Period. You can repeat things that sound all dramatic and cool all you want, but a part of you, a bigger part than you are willing to admit, obviously wants to be alive, so lets use that as your groundwork.

At this point we know:
@That209 wants to be alive
He doesn't want to continue destructive habits while being alive
He knows he needs help
He is "not strong enough to help himself"

Hmmm, sounds like to stay alive, he needs the proper help. But most of all, he needs to be willing to actually receive said help, which means that he should listen to his own inner dialogue, the one that says "I have no clue what the fuck i'm doing" and go to people who can give him the proper blocks to build that up.

I'm not doing that fake "Tough love" stuff either, i'm being honest with you and being as objective as possible here. It sucks to see a friend hurt, online, offline, whatever, i consider you a friend and your feelings matter, but i'm also not going to let you get away with constantly whining about not knowing what to do then spitting at the feet of the people that do. You're a boat in the ocean and you can second guess that lighthouse all you want, but there's only one way to shore; not gonna sit here and listen to complain about being wet if you're not gonna steer the boat, sailor.

<3

<codychoke>

Focus on the future.

Im am not speaking in the OP's defense, but everything you described is exactly how people with mental disorders behave. The whole point it is not within their control. And the professional help is a huge gray area...alot of long term psychiatric evaluation and care is educated guesses ultimately. Many MANY people spend 30 years getting different diagnoses and a plethora of medication which do or do not work to any extent. It is a shitty shitty situation to be in: people who know they need help, want to be 'neurotypical' yet for some reason cannot. It affects people no matter of their upbringing, culture or wealth

Find a strong 6.5/10 and start a real life. Welcome to not having fun like a child anymore. The closest you'll get is making things fun for your own kids. That's life.

daymn what a bumpy bump

<Dana05>

Did TS ever respond to the people who dropped some serious truth and knowledge to him? Or did he just ignore it or say “I know”

Did TS ever respond to the people who dropped some serious truth and knowledge to him? Or did he just ignore it or say “I know”
I think he started a GoFundMe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back