I Can't See Nuclear War Occurring Anywhere Near Jerusalem, Ever (I Change My Mind)

splendica

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I support Israel, but I just can't see there being a legit chance of a nuclear war in the region. It would have to be a rogue country like North Korea or maybe China that would launch nuclear warheads there as far as I can see it. There's a slight chance that Russia might be a threat but I'd see them as much a threat as the US.

For Judaism, Jerusalem is the religion's most important, holy city.

For Islam, it's their second most-holy site/city. I can't see Iran, Turkey or any other anti-Israel power launching warheads for fear of killing innocent Muslims and destroying the Dome of the Rock along with other mosques in the region and making the land uninhabitable with lasting effects for centuries.

Christianity values the region in a more passive sense, but I can't see countries with Orthodox ties like Russia doing anything like launching warheads. Similarly I can't see the US doing anything of the like for similar reasons.

Contrasting that, I "could" see places like Iran, Turkey, Pakistan and Saudi Arabia/Mecca being targets (except for reasons of Israel's current ties with Saudi Arabia and Pakistan). Note, I'm not advising this or suggesting this would/could/should happen, it's just that the scenario is more plausible than anything centering on Israel and in particular Jerusalem.

Anyway, long story short, I think any sort of major offensive against Israel would be largely fought through traditional warfare methods.

I'd like to hear a good argument as to why Israel should have legitimate concern about Iran being a nuclear threat to their existence? The only slight chance would be if someone had the moxie/balls to "right off" the region for centuries in order to wipe out Jews permanently. But then again, it's part of Islamic prophecy that Jesus is going to do this. So, I think Israel's fears of nuclear attack don't make a lot of sense to me. Other major - most likely ground, gorilla - offensives? Yes. Nuclear offensives? No.

*edit - I've changed my mind on this. Maybe it's not such a remote possibility that a crazy extremist gets a hold of the ability and carries it out. I'm surprised I've had my mind changed on this. See page 2.

Last edited:
Problem is if a non state actor detonates a nuke. Nuclear exchange is extremely unlikely, but nuclear terrorism from some Mustard? Likely in a long enough timeline.

If there is gonna be a nuclear war between countries my money is gonna be on India/Pakistan

I support Israel, but I just can't see there being a legit chance of a nuclear war in the region. It would have to be a rogue country like North Korea or maybe China that would launch nuclear warheads there as far as I can see it. There's a slight chance that Russia might be a threat but I'd see them as much a threat as the US.

For Judaism, Jerusalem is the religion's most important, holy city.

For Islam, it's their second most-holy site/city. I can't see Iran, Turkey or any other anti-Israel power launching warheads for fear of killing innocent Muslims and destroying the Dome of the Rock along with other mosques in the region and making the land uninhabitable with lasting effects for centuries.

Christianity values the region in a more passive sense, but I can't see countries with Orthodox ties like Russia doing anything like launching warheads. Similarly I can't see the US doing anything of the like for similar reasons.

Contrasting that, I "could" see places like Iran, Turkey, Pakistan and Saudi Arabia/Mecca being targets (except for reasons of Israel's current ties with Saudi Arabia and Pakistan). Note, I'm not advising this or suggesting this would/could/should happen, it's just that the scenario is more plausible than anything centering on Israel and in particular Jerusalem.

Anyway, long story short, I think any sort of major offensive against Israel would be largely fought through traditional warfare methods.

I'd like to hear a good argument as to why Israel should have legitimate concern about Iran being a nuclear threat to their existence? The only slight chance would be if someone had the moxie/balls to "right off" the region for centuries in order to wipe out Jews permanently. But then again, it's part of Islamic prophecy that Jesus is going to do this. So, I think Israel's fears of nuclear attack don't make a lot of sense to me. Other major - most likely ground, gorilla - offensives? Yes. Nuclear offensives? No.

Hindus don't give a fuck about Jerusalum, and yet you never hear beep beep Netanyahu talking about the Indian threat.....

Problem is if a non state actor detonates a nuke. Nuclear exchange is extremely unlikely, but nuclear terrorism from some Mustard? Likely in a long enough timeline.

I still have a hard time connecting the motivations and results.

I can't see the value in nuclear war generally except by combatants on practically other sides of the planet. US/North Korea is about the only half-sensible one.

I suppose, maybe, India/Pakistan because they're such enemies.

I think the idea is they would nuke the non Jerusalem places. Tel aviv, places like that

How in the hell is China a "rogue country"?

They're the world's largest exporter, they own a trillion dollars in US debt, and their political leader is a fuck of a lot more predictable and professional than ours.

Regardless, I think there is really only one true nuclear threat in terms of actual states. The ol' US of A. Now, if a group like ISIS were able to procure nukes, that's an entirely different story and would pose a much, much graver danger than any actual geographic state.

If there is gonna be a nuclear war between countries my money is gonna be on India/Pakistan

You might have to throw China in there as well. Now of course highly unlikely for a nuclear war.
But if relations get that bad I would assume China would take one of the countries sites.
They can't have a full out war between those two in front of their doorstep without being involved.

Can't really disagree.

The other scenario is if nuclear weapons were obtained by stupid militants

I think the idea is they would nuke the non Jerusalem places. Tel aviv, places like that

There would have to be such precision. But I guess maybe. I just can't see it for all of the fallout etc.

How in the hell is China a "rogue country"?

They're the world's largest exporter, they own a trillion dollars in US debt, and their political leader is a fuck of a lot more predictable and professional than ours.

Regardless, I think there is really only one true nuclear threat in terms of actual states. The ol' US of A. Now, if a group like ISIS were able to procure nukes, that's an entirely different story and would pose a much, much graver danger than any actual geographic state.

China, a) is Communist, and b) is still a relatively short period into 1st world treatment, trade, expectation. I don't know why they would either. But I do think a person would have to be not a believer in any of the 3 Abrahamic religions and probably an atheist or something similar.

I honestly don't think the US. Except by chance some psycho who would literally want to end the mideast focusing in on Israel.

Last edited:
What if the atheists get hold of a nuke ? , science help us then .

I for one hope this ends with Israel in flames, thus ending their iron grip on the US.

And TS, might I ask why do you support such a bastardized military state? They do nothing but drain the US and engage in the same terror as the countries they oppose.

I can't see nuclear war occurring anywhere near Jerusalem. It would have to be a rogue country like North Korea or maybe China that would launch nuclear warheads there as far as I can see it.

I think you are being naïve. China is now a rogue country? Why would North Korea waste their nuclear weapons on Israel? I can easily see the Israelis striking first with a small 3 to 5 kiloton nuclear bomb against an Arab country. Hiroshima was 15 kilotons.

I'd like to hear a good argument as to why Israel should have legitimate concern about Iran being a nuclear threat to their existence?

Because they have said time and time again that they want to see Israel destroyed. Remember - NBC. Nuclear, Biological, or Chemical.

But then again, it's part of Islamic prophecy that Jesus is going to do this.

How did Jesus get into an Islamic prophecy? Do you have a source, because it sounds like BS.

Preferably not. Don't want the "Samson option" to go into effect.

Back