I did 1000 deep body weight squats today.

Frode Falch

Steel Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
Spread out during the day in sets of 20 reps.

Wondering how i will feel tomorrow. Legs already feeling kinda "weak"

<6>

Do you mean you had your bodyweight on the bar? That's impressive i guess.

Read the title, saw squats and instantly thought dips.

How far apart were the rest? If done in 2 hours, you'll hate stairs for a couple days

Spread out during the day in sets of 20 reps.

Wondering how i will feel tomorrow. Legs already feeling kinda "weak"

<6>
Its funny how we do legs for strong legs but my legs always feel weak from doing legs. You should do higher reps and less sets. Can you do 100? 50 is impressive? Id say dont even worry about deep squats and work on 10 sets of 20 reps of jumping squats with a weight vest.

I'm guessing by bodyweight he means he just did squats with no added weight on a barbell etc,just his own bodyweight.

It's not really that impressive doing 50 sets of 20. I did 500 consecutive squats years ago after reading the Ken Shamrock book and worked up a considerable sweat but it wasn't THAT hard.

You must be awesome at taking shits

If you mean you had your bodyweight on the bar, that's amazing.

If you mean calisthenic squats, that's... not the best performance I've ever seen.

1000 reps is good and it will build up endurance and help your legs to recover quicker, that is if you didn't have to kill your legs to get to 1000 first. I haven't been doing them as much as I should after I started running alot more.

I think Indian wrestlers(picked up by catch wrestlers) used to do them alot for general conditioning.

Any benefit from super high rep BW squats or should I continue running ?

I felt it the next day. But not as bad.

Yes it was only body weight.

Are one-legged squats useful for anything?

Are one-legged squats useful for anything?

Yeah.
It'll help you stand up if you ever end up having your leg amputated.

Unless it's the strong leg. Then you're SOL.
So 50% chance it helps.

So did my toddler.
Toddlers run like a half marathon in the living room everyday. And they don't complain about it. They'll complain about other stupid stuff like running out of juice but not that.

Back