I do some heavybag and shadowboxing, watch bjj videos. Could I wack your average joe?

Kaiserjuan

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I've posted video of myself hitting the heavybag in the boxing forum previously, I am told my left hook (lead hook) is pretty sick. Won't enroll to a proper hym though cause I don't wanto get bruised up or concussed. Also I'm not sure if I have a good chin, sometimes I purposefully hit myself on the chin and I kinda go wobbly.
Never trained bjj, onyl watched videos, but I sometimes get friends to roll with me to show off some moves.

Btw the question is, do you think that someone who like me follows MMA and maybe hits the bag a few times a week and knows some bjj and wrestling theory, could easily dispatch the average joe in the streets?

5'9''
bout 195 pounds

no you'd get ktfo'd 10 times out of 10

this thread sucks

Height/Weight?

I imagine size will make the biggest difference in terms of wanting to wreck your average joe.

I am sure you could wack many guys. Just ask nicely and bring some hand cream.

I'm 30 now and last time I fought I was like 17...

I've posted video of myself hitting the heavybag in the boxing forum previously, I am told my left hook (lead hook) is pretty sick. Won't enroll to a proper hym though cause I don't wanto get bruised up or concussed. Also I'm not sure if I have a good chin, sometimes I purposefully hit myself on the chin and I kinda go wobbly.
Never trained bjj, onyl watched videos, but I sometimes get friends to roll with me to show off some moves.

Btw the question is, do you think that someone who like me follows MMA and maybe hits the bag a few times a week and knows some bjj and wrestling theory, could easily dispatch the average joe in the streets?

5'9''
bout 195 pounds

I think yes against untrained people.

Your alleged heavy bag skills would go out the window the first time you got punched in the grill.

Lol at "sometimes I purposefully hit myself on the chin and I kinda go wobbly."

Fighting gives you a crazy adrenaline rush. It's hard to stay focused unless you have muscle memory and have performed the same techniques over and over for months that lead into years. I'm sure you would do OK but street fighting is never good and getting your bell rung changes everything.

Back