I done goofed (Relationship related... yes EMO)

Brampton_Boy

Douchey Mc Douche
@red
Reaction score
It's been almost three months since I called off my engagement, and I regret it more and more each day. While I am not going to bore you all with the details of what happened, my (ex) girlfriend and I were going through a difficult time - we went to India together and basically fought none stop, and when we got back, I gave up. She had proposed going to relationship counciling, but in that moment, I thought we were just two different people (we loved each other, but we didn't see eye to eye on alot of issues).

In a twisted way, I rationalized it at the time that she deserved somebody who could be the man she wanted - I was obsessed with work and lived a life of routine, she prioritized balance and being adventerous.

Fast forward to now, and I am going stir crazy without her. A couple of weeks back, I caved and asked for a second chance, and she told me she needed "time and space" to make a decision - I don't think that bodes well. Truthfully, I am trying to accept the fact I can't change the situation, and just work on the things I know I struggle with in relationships.

Tonight was actually really difficult - I was out with friends, and there were a number of single woman in the group, and I honestly couldn't even fathom the thought of being with anyone else (or worse yet, think of her with another guy).

This fucking sucks. I'm 33 years old, and I'm acting like a teenager. I would give up almost anything for a second chance, but I know there isn't anything I can do to affect the situation.

I don't know why I'm sharing this, but I suppose the anonymity of the Internet makes it easier to get this off of my chest.

Good luck sherbro. Hope everything works out.

It's been almost three months since I called off my engagement, and I regret it more and more each day. While I am not going to bore you all with the details of what happened, my (ex) girlfriend and I were going through a difficult time - we went to India together and basically fought none stop, and when we got back, I gave up. She had proposed going to relationship counciling, but in that moment, I thought we were just two different people (we loved each other, but we didn't see eye to eye on alot of issues).

In a twisted way, I rationalized it at the time that she deserved somebody who could be the man she wanted - I was obsessed with work and lived a life of routine, she prioritized balance and being adventerous.

Fast forward to now, and I am going stir crazy without her. A couple of weeks back, I caved and asked for a second chance, and she told me she needed "time and space" to make a decision - I don't think that bodes well. Truthfully, I am trying to accept the fact I can't change the situation, and just work on the things I know I struggle with in relationships.

Tonight was actually really difficult - I was out with friends, and there were a number of single woman in the group, and I honestly couldn't even fathom the thought of being with anyone else (or worse yet, think of her with another guy).

This fucking sucks. I'm 33 years old, and I'm acting like a teenager. I would give up almost anything for a second chance, but I know there isn't anything I can do to affect the situation.

I don't know why I'm sharing this, but I suppose the anonymity of the Internet makes it easier to get this off of my chest.

Wait......aren’t you in love with that married chick?

50d554420210ea52e52e18a64d03e12f.jpg

It's the only way

Perhaps you should have went on a break instead of breaking up. If it's meant to be then it will be.

Honestly you did fuck up by not taking her offer for couples counseling.

Enjoy being single for a while, it's only been three months. Do some shit you've always wanted to do.

Once you're married you lose a ton of freedom.

Also, her needing "time and space" sounds like she's already seeing someone.

You hurt her by calling it off while she was offering an olive branch. She is hurting you by saying she needs space.

She's letting you know you do not have control of her/the relationship.

If you want to have her back you should occasionally let her know you're dead without her whilst respecting that she holds the cards.

If she really wanted rid of you she'd have called it, so do your thing homeboy. Also, drop the arguing, it takes two.

I hear you ts. I've been going thru some relationship shit too.

giphy.webp

keep unloading this on faceless people on the net,itll probably help you get over it. there isn't really any way back, cause all the things that where wrong before are still gonna be there. and women don't forget anything, and like to throw it in your face when ever they can.

keep unloading this on faceless people on the net,itll probably help you get over it. there isn't really any way back, cause all the things that where wrong before are still gonna be there. and women don't forget anything, and like to throw it in your face when ever they can.

Honestly it might be simpler than that

It kinda seems like some of the issue lies with his inability to commit

He is going to have to fix that or else it may keep happening to him

TBH, I only had one painful breakup. It was with my very first girlfriend. I was destroyed for about a month.

Second breakup was sort of painful as well, but the after-effects lasted for a couple of days.

Since then, I have become a misogynist who views all women as one single entity. They're all the same, with their patterns, thought processes, inconsistency, occasional bullshit. You've seen one, you've seen them all.

Ironically, me not being able to take any woman seriously anymore has greatly helped my relationship life.

You are not emotionally mature enough to be in a stable relationship. I sense you want to stay in a dating mode with someone you enjoy hanging out with. This may change with time as you gain life experience.

Honestly it might be simpler than that

It kinda seems like some of the issue lies with his inability to commit

He is going to have to fix that or else it may keep happening to him
marriage and commitment aren't for everybody, maybe he's one of those.

Back