I dont get Chuck Liddells comeback. He waited 7 years to comeback at age 50?

If he were a wrassler he would have a better chance. As it is, this seems like a disaster.

Chuck must really need the money.
He was actually an excellent wrestler

Missed this - how did he lose it?

So Chuck and Forrest had the lifetime no show jobs from Dana, maybe Bonnar too, but when WME bought the UFC, they looked at the situation and figured Chuck wasn't doing anything to earn his paycheck and let him go, possibly Bonnar as well, I can't remember. Forrest Griffin was actually showing up and working really hard so they kept him around. At least that's the story I read on here. I don't have any official source.

Edit: I read @myjohnson9 post and it was Hughes, not Bonnar.

Chuck is a natural fighter. If he could have his way, he would probably be ok with dying inside the octagon. he only stopped because Dana essentially made him.

I bet he is fine money wise. He just wants to scratch that itch thats been growing for a while and pocket a few mill at the same time.

Asking why a guy like Chuck wants to come back and fight despite being past his prime is like asking why a an elderly lion still tries to take down the biggest buffalo it sees. A lion does lion shit.

Bit of a mystery why Chuck needs a paycheck again

E7QhMvZ.jpg

WME continued keeping Forrest Griffin's on payroll because he actually showed up 9-5 and put in work. Chuck was rumored to be getting $30k a month just for being Dana's crony so it doesn't seem likely that he was going to stay on.

Chuck Liddell I Threw Down $2.6 Million To Live Like a Champ

Legendary MMA fighter Chuck Liddell just laid down $2.6 Million of hard fought dough for a sick house in Cali ... prepping to spend his retirement days like a champ.

The Hidden Hills estate -- just north of Calabasas -- is a 5-bdrm, 5-bath, 5,923 sq. ft bad-ass mansion mere miles from the likes of Kim Kardashian and Justin Bieber.

The cool crib comes complete with a huge pool, spa, maid’s quarters, library, vaulted ceilings and full on basketball court so the iceman can practice his dunking skills alllll day long.

Icing on the cake -- the community is gate access only for tight security ... but we’re sure the UFC champ could take down a few robbers if he had to.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/04/07/chuck-liddell-buys-house/

Much like Erick Silva, this young prospect has all the time in the world to become champion.

the same reason he did that big Brother show - he wants the $$

yeah, I thought Chuck, Hughes, and Forrest all got jobs...but then WME took over and cleaned house.

IIRC, didn't Forrest keep his job though, apparently because he actually does something to earn his salary? lol

Dana said he would give Big Nog a job too...not sure if that ever came about.

Well they all had bull shit job titles but supposedly Liddell and Hughes would come in to work randomly and hung out for pay checks while Forrest tried to take it serious. Either way Dana White has millions of dollars he could've put fourth to keep them employed. That was the only reason Chuck Liddell retired. Dana White always said they were best of friends but I guess money is Dana White's only true friend. The guy loves blowing millions in gambling according to Rogaine.

You mean the reality tv star Chuck Liddell was an mma fighter??? You cant be serious??

Big Brother reality tv star turned mma fighter at such an old age,dude must have ice in his veins im going to call him the ICE-MAN.
:cool:

I think he is going to do it smart and realistic though. A couple of fights against guys from his own era is probably worth it if the money is right and he doesn't really care about losing. A tito rematch might be worth it.
If Tito can get over that big brother effect he smokes Chuck at this point. He was truly intimidated by Chuck, but seeing his fragility in regards to chin has to give Tito some confidence.

quite possibly but if you look at from the point of view of $ vs the potenitial health risks I can understand why chuck may think the juice is worth the squeeze. Especially if he needs the cash

Back