I don't get this narrative that Romero's round 5 was a 10-8 round. Anyone else?

PROlogic

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Im truly flabbergasted

Romero dropped Whittaker, and then the rest of the round was Whittaker holding on to a single, Romero riding the back, or both battling for position in the clinch

Where is this fake news coming from that Romero beat Whitaker from corner to corner while scoring multiple knockdowns?

Under no criteria was it a 10-8 round

It wasn't a round where a fighter had total and absolute full control from a very dominant position for the entirety of the round ala Shogun's round 5 against Hendo (Shogun was robbed of a DRAW)

It wasnt a round where a fighter was dropped numerous times and had an absolute striking clinic put on them ala Conor's massacre striking clinic on Nate in round 2 of their rematch (Conor was robbed blind of a clear cut dominant UD decision over Nate)

There was NOTHING about Romero's round 5 that ever consistuted a legit 10-8 round, no matter the criteria you try to use.

Just goes to show you how many were brainwashed by Rogan's insanely biased commentary

Remember, all MMA fights are scored round by round, so based on the actual scoring criteria, the only correct decision was Whittaker 48-47. Judges were actually bang on spot on with this fight. Super super super close fight, but a fight that Romero in no way deserved to actually win

For all the talk about 10-8s, how ABOUT WHITTAKER'S round 1. Whittaker out struck Romero in the numbers by some crazy amount in that round.

Last edited:
People get drunk and post strange things.

People get drunk and post strange things.
I wouldnt be surprised if the majority of people who were crying robbery on sherdog watched that fight high on drugs (weed) or were severely drunk

Romero dropped him, out landed him by 30 strikes and did about 3 trip take downs while controlling 95% of the round

If thats not a 10-8 then I dont know what is

The judging system is sposed to have changed recently meaning total dominance and multiple near finishes aren't needed for 10-8 anymore.

Shogun was robbed of a draw! I'm not sure about this one. The rules supposedly changed to accommodate more 10-8 rounds this year didn't they?

This has to be a troll job. I can somewhat understand if you don't think it was a 10-8, but to dismiss that it COULD HAVE BEEN ONE is either ignorance or trolling. I'll give the TS the benefit of the doubt and say it's trolling.

It's only Yoel nuthuggers calling it a 10-8. Everyone else knows it was just a one point round.

Round 1 was a 10/8 for Whittaker since Yoel did absolutely nothing and Whittaker landed like 40 significant strikes.

That is one of those fights that cause epic ass hurt. I didn't think it was a 10-8 Rd either. I don't give a fuck what the new criteria says. Until they start handing out 10-8 rounds on the regular, Sherdog wannabe judges shouldn't get so upset.

Ummm... Whittaker turtled. Any time a fighter turtles up, the referee has grounds to stop the fight. So yes, the fight was close to being stopped, hence 10-8 is a valid score.

I’d like to know what were the numbers in round one. How many strikes did rob and Romero land? Could anyone point me in the direction please?

Im truly flabbergasted

Romero dropped Whittaker, and then the rest of the round was Whittaker holding on to a single, Romero riding the back, or both battling for position in the clinch

Where is this fake news coming from that Romero beat Whitaker from corner to corner while scoring multiple knockdowns?

Under no criteria was it a 10-8 round

It wasn't a round where a fighter had total and absolute full control from a very dominant position for the entirety of the round ala Shogun's round 5 against Hendo (Shogun was robbed of a DRAW)

It wasnt a round where a fighter was dropped numerous times and had an absolute striking clinic put on them ala Conor's massacre striking clinic on Nate in round 2 of their rematch (Conor was robbed blind of a clear cut dominant UD decision over Nate)

There was NOTHING about Romero's round 5 that ever consistuted a legit 10-8 round, no matter the criteria you try to use.

Just goes to show you how many were brainwashed by Rogan's insanely biased commentary

Remember, all MMA fights are scored round by round, so based on the actual scoring criteria, the only correct decision was Whittaker 48-47. Judges were actually bang on spot on with this fight. Super super super close fight, but a fight that Romero in no way deserved to actually win

For all the talk about 10-8s, how ABOUT WHITTAKER'S round 1. Whittaker out struck Romero in the numbers by some crazy amount in that round.

You clearly haven't read the new rules on 10-8s.

It was definitely a 10-8 rd

Yoel dropped him and beat him up badly for another 4 mins.

If you can’t see that was a 10-8 rd then you don’t know shiit about the sport and you should probably hear back to the wwe forums either that or you’re a huge Romero hater.

Ref had to step in and break them up after there was no action for some time. That was not a 10-8 round.

10-8 round is something like Shogun/Hendo 1 where Shogun hurt Hendo. Took him down and kept putting it on him.

Back