'I don't see any reason for feminism': the women backing Brazil's Bolsonaro

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think this is the guy who was stabbed right? this part had me laughing though, it seems they got those green hair hairy armpit do not bath leftwing feminist there too.

And far from warming up to feminism, Bolsonaro and his supporters doubled down with their attacks.

When Bolsonaro supporters held their own demonstrations, his son, Eduardo, pronounced: “Rightwing women are prettier than leftwing women. They don’t show the breasts in the streets, nor do they defecate in the streets. Rightwing women are more hygienic.”

The openly sexist presidential candidate has faced an extraordinary backlash. So why do many women support him?

They are not victims, and they don’t need anyone’s sympathy. They have no time for “whiny feminists” – and no need for the government to guarantee equal pay.

They earned what they’ve achieved, often juggling a professional life with running a home and raising a family. And they want the right to bear arms to protect themselves and their loved ones.

They are the anti-feminist women backing the far-right, the former paratrooper Jair Bolsonaro in Brazil’s upcoming presidential runoff election – a man who has been repeatedly accused of misogyny and racism.

“I really don’t see any reason for feminism today — men and women are equal in Brazil,” said Ana de Moraes, 56, a retired lawyer who intends to vote for Bolsonaro on 28 October. “These feminist women screaming and taking off their clothes – it’s very backwards. Bolsonaro isn’t taking any rights away from women.”

Full article
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...idential-candidate-women-voters-anti-feminism

well she said the truth and we are winning the battles and wars globally. This experiment of radical feminism is failing. Women definitely need right to vote and drive etc. But i dont see how anyone say women who become like the radicals and the hate men are happier than women who are feminine and do what is the more natural role even as all the holy books on earth say.

I think the term has been used, misused, and stretched to so many ends it is almost useless.

Are we talking about Women's Suffrage or murderous anti-man rage of the Valerie Solanas variety? It does a disservice to the public that we have no idea if feminism is supporting equality for women, radical injustice, or something in the middle.

I support feminists! On a case by case basis because a feminist might want to have more maternity care for young mothers, or have young adolescent males chemically castrated. Which is it world, which is it?

Both, let's find out what feminism means in a more general, literal sense.

I think the term has been used, misused, and stretched to so many ends it is almost useless.

Are we talking about Women's Suffrage or murderous anti-man rage of the Valerie Solanas variety? It does a disservice to the public that we have no idea if feminism is supporting equality for women, radical injustice, or something in the middle.

I support feminists! On a case by case basis because a feminist might want to have more maternity care for young mothers, or have young adolescent males chemically castrated. Which is it world, which is it?

Agreed. Dudes her froth at a chance to shit on feminism and always associate with the most radical sects.

Simple, logical things like fighting to move funding from failed police war on drugs to deal with actual violent crimes and get the absurd amount of backlogged rape kits tested is feminism. Trying to improve the shitty maternity leave situation in the US that lags behind the rest of the first world is feminism.

Trying to protect their health care rights from religious lobbies is feminism.

None of this radical or attacking men.

Agreed. Dudes her froth at a chance to shit on feminism and always associate with the most radical sects.

Simple, logical things like fighting to move funding from failed police war on drugs to deal with actual violent crimes and get the absurd amount of backlogged rape kits tested is feminism. Trying to improve the shitty maternity leave situation in the US that lags behind the rest of the first world is feminism.

Trying to protect their health care rights from religious lobbies is feminism.

None of this radical or attacking men.

This is a good example. I can agree with 90% of this, you lose me on "religious lobbies," but that is no reason not to advance the 90% we can clearly agree on, and most people ought to be persuaded by.

Brazil has a massive rape and domestic abuse problem so they would fare well with more attention to women’s treatment.

In all honesty they need to get rid of the term, it has been overtaken by sour self entitled women with mental issues, even some of these older feminist women do not agree with modern feminism.

Well what rights do women not have in Brazil that men do have?

Brazil has a massive rape and domestic abuse problem so they would fare well with more attention to women’s treatment.

Brazil has a massive criminal problem, holding marches and rallies wont help women against the criminal element.

Brazil has a massive criminal problem, holding marches and rallies wont help women against the criminal element.
I never said anything about rallies. I don’t have a solution to Brazil’s problem but there is a rape and domestic violence problem. I guess you could put that in the category ‘criminality’ but I prefer specifications

I never said anything about rallies. I don’t have a solution to Brazil’s problem but there is a rape and domestic violence problem. I guess you could put that in the category ‘criminality’ but I prefer specifications

The whole feminism thing is about telling people what its right and wrong, for example having sex with drunk ass women or raping your wife, things that were not considered to be "rape" a few decades ago.

Criminality is different, because the criminal already knows that what they do is wrong, they just dont care.

Its like trying to make a campaign that says "murder is wrong".

You're spot on. What makes it hard is that the more radical breed of feminist is often pretty canny at hiding behind slogans almost everyone agrees with, ie "feminism is the idea that women are people". However, a lot of people called feminists have reasonable agenda, so we don't want to throw the baby out with the bath water.

Like many other causes, it’s healthy in reasonable doses. Anything pushed to the extreme is not.

Like many other causes, it’s healthy in reasonable doses. Anything pushed to the extreme is not.
What I noticed with a lot of these so called social justice movements is they start off with good intent and then get overrun with mentally ill attention whores who want to play victim and destroy it from within.

I... “These feminist women screaming and taking off their clothes – it’s very backwards. Bolsonaro isn’t taking any rights away from women.”
He's also not going to exterminate LGBTs and blacks but the left likes to say that. Brazilians lefties are being incredibly stupid, they are attacking and using the same failed tactics the American media, Hollywood and Dems did to Trump and his supporters. It's almost like they don't know what happened in the US.

Bolsonaro is the next Hitler! He's called a fascist, nazi, homophobic (this one could be true although he hasn't said anything bad in more than a decade), misogynist and racist. His voters are called those things too, obviously. It's hilarious how the left and MSM are ignoring the fact that this election had important and historic record-breakings. Bolsonaro's party has now the most popular black politician (most voted in history) and two of the most popular female politicians (both were most voted in history but for different positions). This goes to show how terrible Bolsonaro's supporters are, so full of hate and prejudice.

Here's a pic during a Facebook live... it triggered a lot of lefties! :D
bolsonaro-no-facebook-live.jpg

Sounds like the right-wing women in Brazil are tired of feminists appropriating their hotness for personal political gain.

Women vote? Yes
Women work? Yes
Women get abortions? Yes
Women chose their partners instead of arranged marriages like India? Yes.
Gender pay gap proved false since the 1970's? Yes

Equal rights achieved. Why is Feminism still around?

I think this is the guy who was stabbed right? this part had me laughing though, it seems they got those green hair hairy armpit do not bath leftwing feminist there too.

And far from warming up to feminism, Bolsonaro and his supporters doubled down with their attacks.

When Bolsonaro supporters held their own demonstrations, his son, Eduardo, pronounced: “Rightwing women are prettier than leftwing women. They don’t show the breasts in the streets, nor do they defecate in the streets. Rightwing women are more hygienic.”

The openly sexist presidential candidate has faced an extraordinary backlash. So why do many women support him?

They are not victims, and they don’t need anyone’s sympathy. They have no time for “whiny feminists” – and no need for the government to guarantee equal pay.

They earned what they’ve achieved, often juggling a professional life with running a home and raising a family. And they want the right to bear arms to protect themselves and their loved ones.

They are the anti-feminist women backing the far-right, the former paratrooper Jair Bolsonaro in Brazil’s upcoming presidential runoff election – a man who has been repeatedly accused of misogyny and racism.

“I really don’t see any reason for feminism today — men and women are equal in Brazil,” said Ana de Moraes, 56, a retired lawyer who intends to vote for Bolsonaro on 28 October. “These feminist women screaming and taking off their clothes – it’s very backwards. Bolsonaro isn’t taking any rights away from women.”

Full article
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...idential-candidate-women-voters-anti-feminism
I hate modern feminism as much as the next guy, but Bolsonaro is a bad guy. A vote for him is a vote for a return to the military dictatorship. We're also going to get flooded with immigrants/refugees from Brazil if/when he gets elected and destabilizes the country.

He's also not going to exterminate LGBTs and blacks but the left likes to say that. Brazilians lefties are being incredibly stupid, they are attacking and using the same failed tactics the American media, Hollywood and Dems did to Trump and his supporters. It's almost like they don't know what happened in the US.

Bolsonaro is the next Hitler! He's called a fascist, nazi, homophobic (this one could be true although he hasn't said anything bad in more than a decade), misogynist and racist. His voters are called those things too, obviously. It's hilarious how the left and MSM are ignoring the fact that this election had important and historic record-breakings. Bolsonaro's party has now the most popular black politician (most voted in history) and two of the most popular female politicians (both were most voted in history but for different positions). This goes to show how terrible Bolsonaro's supporters are, so full of hate and prejudice.

Here's a pic during a Facebook live... it triggered a lot of lefties! :D
bolsonaro-no-facebook-live.jpg
He's an extreme right winger, not a reasonable conservative. I think a reasonable conservative could actually do them a lot of good right now. I don't see how bringing back the military dictatorship will help them. I think it will destabilize the country and cause a flood of immigrants and refugees. And if you thought it was bad coming out of Venezuela, just imagine it coming from a country with damn near 10x the population!

Back