I dont understand WTF is going on!!!?

<{cruzshake}>
This isn't going to attract anyone
I'm sure you're not the only in shape gym rat in a gym. A girl is not going to give a shit.
And no offense, but it looks like you're looking for attention and acknowledgment of your "gains".
Girls don't care how much you can lift, how big your traps are, or if you know how to throw a punch.

Just do your workout and stop trying to get noticed.
Hey, I care about these things. Especially the punching. Can’t have no chicken nugget man :hmph

I recently have gotten in a really good shape and the gym I go to ( which is a reccenter) has a sauna. I have gotten few compliments from the older women that go there which has boosted my confidence. Naturally when I am in a good mood I might smile and say hello.

I noticed when I do say hello now a days, all the women look away and not in a shy way either.

I don't understand if I am a creep or not. In the sauna, the females don't mind sitting next to me even if there is room and sometimes they start a conversation. Or some see me and they just keep away as if I am Harvey Weinstein.

Really confusing and its worse than when I was in shit shape since I made peace about being unattractive and no one paid attention to me which allowed me to go through life unencumbered.

You are going to find this hard to believe but if you quit thinking about it and it will not be at the gym you will find women.

It is funny but for many if you even in the simplest of ways try it does not work. If you don't think about it at all women will start to slowly come out of the woodwork.

The best thing is not to think about it and they will come.

Hey, I care about these things. Especially the punching. Can’t have no chicken nugget man :hmph
lol Yeah, but you're also on Sherdog. You're a rare breed.

I think there are girls that care about those things as an extra bonus, but it's not something I would think most girls care about as far as being important, unless they're into combat sports or fitness themselves.
TS seems to be under the impression that just being buff and lookin like he can bench teh 275 should be enough to get them panties.

Common man!!!??

Do you realize how hard it is to lose weight let alone lose weight and make some lean muscle?

I am busting my ass in the gym and the women that I was making eye contact do not have the same dedication as me. I get it, if all things equal, the female is going to be at a high pedestal. But these women have average to above average physiques and yet I am being treated like I look like Harvey Weinstein!

I mean I am not hitting on them. All I am doing is smiling upon eye contact. I don't understand what is so horrific about this?

But either way, ultimately you are correct. I cant blame it on them being shy. Women are social creature and if they see a hot attractive man, they will give them all the looks and signal that they want to be showered with attention.

Oh well, listen learned for being a piece of shit who falsely gained confidence.

Sorry brah, I can't relate to your struggle since I've got alpha genes. I was born with lean muscle.
#slavegenes.
<{silvanormal}>

I'm not trying to call you a creep or anything, I'm just saying men and women don't think the same on this. They want to be hit on at certain times, by certain people, in a certain way. I'm not saying they're right, I'm just saying that's what it is.

It's not that what you're doing is "horrific", but look at all the #Metoo stuff for example. Girls are talking about how they felt uncomfortable because a guy looked at them, or gave them a compliment.
There are surely plenty of dudes that did look at them in a creepy way, or gave a creepy compliment, but there are also girls that can't tell the difference between a guy that's just being polite/social from a guy being a creep/flirt.
Your eye contact and smile says your intentions. So they're probably not trying to give you any ideas by giving you any kind of sign that it's ok to talk to them.
The sauna is a terrible place to chat up a girl, unless she initiates it. You're in a room together, and there is no escape. No one wants to get trapped into a conversation they don't want to be in, especially in a sauna.

My advice, as the last poster said, stop thinking about girls. Trying too hard just makes you look desperate, and it's VERY EASY to see. And it's not attractive. When you just go out, have fun, and are being yourself, girls are a lot more likely to either come around, or be receptive to your advances when they know you're not just trying to fuck them.
But yea, as we have all been saying, the gym/sauna is not a place you should be expecting to picking up chicks.

Common man!!!??

Do you realize how hard it is to lose weight let alone lose weight and make some lean muscle?

I am busting my ass in the gym and the women that I was making eye contact do not have the same dedication as me. I get it, if all things equal, the female is going to be at a high pedestal. But these women have average to above average physiques and yet I am being treated like I look like Harvey Weinstein!

I am not sure but I live in Canada and as far as I can remember, there has always been one.

I mean I am not hitting on them. All I am doing is smiling upon eye contact. I don't understand what is so horrific about this?

But either way, ultimately you are correct. I cant blame it on them being shy. Women are social creature and if they see a hot attractive man, they will give them all the looks and signal that they want to be showered with attention.

Oh well, listen learned for being a piece of shit who falsely gained confidence.

The sad truth is that a man having a great body is not that high of a priority for most women - it's often more like a bonus.

Work out for yourself to gain confidence and to feel good about who you are. Those are two of the traits that tend to lead to succes with women.

No I am Persian/middle eastern.

<WellThere>/<{you!}>

Sorry TS.
Your fellow middle eastern men let the side down and now you have to suffer.

Thank you for trying, i wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Try pretending to be Italian or Greek maybe.

Personally I'd carry on using the sauna but I wouldn't try to start up a conversation with anyone especially a female in there . If they want to talk then fine , converse with them but let them initiate the conversation. The most I'd do would be if there's a few people in there is say 'Morning or whatever's relevant as an acknowledgement...don't sit next to someone unless there no space...I would avoid making eye contact with them...and don't start licking the sweat off their glistening nubile bodies...that's what got me into trouble....

I don't know but what I do know is never take compliments from an old lady serious, those little old flirts will have you believing you are the second coming of Brad Pitt when really you look like Jeremy Clarkson.

Sorry you look like Clarkson
tumblr_lihbx9ANBi1qfjej5o1_400.gif

@Ogata,

A lot of guys ITT are falsely imagining this is about you attempting to pick up, they are in their bumbling, blind, retarded way on to something but they lack the base intellect and reflection to see the wood for the trees.

I too have suffered a similar experience to yourself, I used to get more comments and as I put on mass, got fitter and more confident things changed. My friendly smile would be seen as an affront and ladies seemed to act like I was a potential rapist.

I've reflected on the matter and I think the key is the confidence, the way you move. Women assess who is a threat or not everyday, many times, subconsciously.

Try to imagine the kind of guy that gives them trouble, he's not shy, he doesn't apologise for his presence with his body language.

You have inadvertently strayed over into this territory and gone from non threat, to potential threat that needs just a sliver of attention to determine threat status. Thus the default response, before conscious thought is engaged is one of suspicion.

2 options result:

The first is to accept the game has changed. You are still you but now you're perceived differently and it'll likely never be the same. Now you have to learn icebreakers for nor.al discourse.

The second is to suffer a loss of confidence.

Option 2 isn't really an option so you just got to get a bit more robust about it all.

Peace.

Gerenally when doing their regular workout routine, most people don't want to talk. And the sauna can be a part of the routine.

So you're going to get the same attitudes as anywhere else in the gym. Being in bathing suits doesn't really change anything.

@Ogata,

A lot of guys ITT are falsely imagining this is about you attempting to pick up, they are in their bumbling, blind, retarded way on to something but they lack the base intellect and reflection to see the wood for the trees.

<36>

<3>
Lol shut your ass up, dork

<36>

<3>
Lol shut your ass up, dork

I've been a metal singer, kickboxer, nose tackle and offensive tackle, I'm 6'6" and could military press you. Go get a breath of fresh air poindexter.

<CanYouSeeMeNow>

Credit for Austin finger tho

that one time I went to the gym I got a decent workout in, didn't really talk to anyone and just listened to some music.

so after I was done I went back into the locker room to change my clothes. when I walked in some dude just came out of the shower wrapped in a towel. he said "hello" and I nod back and say "hi". as I was changing my clothes he started rubbing tanning lotion over his body, nothing unusual I think, it's not really my thing but to each his own.
as I'm almost done I turn around and realise he is rubbing it literally ALL over his body, including his penis. so we are standing in the locker room and he is rubbing lotion over his penis while looking at me...
it was weird and I felt violated.

I never went back to this gym again

#metoo

I used to go to Switzerland for business, near Zurich. The small town had a gym, which I had access to via my corporate account.

I went with my colleague, we didn’t know the sauna was mixed. Two of us with other guys were naked in the sauna after workout and then this 50 year old lady comes in butt naked, very friendly. Needless to say, for the rest of our trips, we never EVER saw any younger lady come into the sauna...

I recently have gotten in a really good shape and the gym I go to ( which is a reccenter) has a sauna. I have gotten few compliments from the older women that go there which has boosted my confidence. Naturally when I am in a good mood I might smile and say hello.

I noticed when I do say hello now a days, all the women look away and not in a shy way either.

I don't understand if I am a creep or not. In the sauna, the females don't mind sitting next to me even if there is room and sometimes they start a conversation. Or some see me and they just keep away as if I am Harvey Weinstein.

Really confusing and its worse than when I was in shit shape since I made peace about being unattractive and no one paid attention to me which allowed me to go through life unencumbered.
You made peace that you weren't attractive because you weren't in shape? Good lord, I must be the luckiest, ugliest married man ever! Maybe the women can smell the insecurity. It can't smell good.

Serious question: I get you're not trying to pick anybody up, but what hurt exactly? That they didn't return your smile or that you perceive that they were skeeved out by your smile? I'm missing what prompted the thread.

Serious answer:. I suspect that you're being overly sensitive. And I don't mean this is a pejorative, but it seems like a teenage boy attitude. That is someone you don't know doesn't return a kindness to you and you're hurt by it, then what doesn't bother you?

Serious answer 2:. Keep in mind the current times. Staring at your phone has replaced casual conversation, and most people are so insecure about themselves while being at the same time always being ng on the lookout to be offended. Tricky Waters to navigate!

Back