I feel that this is what Daniel Cormier should do after this fight.

mfs talking about losing to volkan being embarassing because he only got like 10k followers lol

i dont give a shit nor do other mma fans - volkan is dangerous and has power that can end a fight from any position/any moment.

Sure, he’s not the greatest role model, but, if he is allowed to come back and compete, why shouldn’t he? Because you dont’ like him as a person? What does that have to do with his ability in the cage? Plenty of people who I think are trash (Cerrone) but I respect them as fighters because they are good at what they do. I pay to watch them fight, they aren’t my friends nor involved in my life, just entertainment. And I want the best entertainment.

Also, not to sound like a dick, but, you’re making assumptions about what he WILL do in the future. People can change.

The best way to predict future behavior is past behavior. Safe bet, he continues to fuck his life up.

why would you want someone who's one of the best to ever step foot into an octagon to never fight again?

Jon is a fuckup of monumental proportions. Why wasnt he jailed for hit and run? Fuck him

If he wins, he needs to have one last fight against Gus, and put on a show just like their first fight, and win or lose he retires.

If he loses, he needs to retire asap, because losing to Volkan who only has 3 fights in the UFC, and only has one real good win against Jimi Manuwa would tarnish his legacy forever, and shows he doesn't have it in him anymore.

I love DC, and I would like to see him retire as Champ, but if JBJ turns out to be innocent, and doesn't get any punishment, or even a very short suspension, I feel DC will kinda have to fight Jon one last time.

Discuss.

off topic, but I hate that phrasing. Do you not have thoughts? Only feelings? How do you live?

why would you want someone who's one of the best to ever step foot into an octagon to never fight again?
this. People on this site are ridiculously flippant when it comes to calling for a fighters retirement. Like they're people and this is part of their life. They don't just exist so we can compare records and argue about it. Unless they're getting chuck lidelled and it seems like a legitimately pointless health issue then why call for their retirement?

Makes it sound more passionate about my opinion ig
oh i see. I'm not saying this to be insulting and it's just my opinion, but I think it makes people sound stupid when they say that. Like they lack the ability to think critically. Was the ig a typo or does it mean something im not getting?

Unfortunately, His legacy will always be defined by his losses to jones. Even with the steroids. It' a shitty deal. Kind of similar to how Aldos HOF career will always be over shadowed by the 13 seconds. The fight game can be cruel and MMA fans aren' forgiving

oh i see. I'm not saying this to be insulting and it's just my opinion, but I think it makes people sound stupid when they say that. Like they lack the ability to think critically. Was the ig a typo or does it mean something im not getting?
I understand homie

If he wins, he needs to have one last fight against Gus, and put on a show just like their first fight, and win or lose he retires.

If he loses, he needs to retire asap, because losing to Volkan who only has 3 fights in the UFC, and only has one real good win against Jimi Manuwa would tarnish his legacy forever, and shows he doesn't have it in him anymore.

I love DC, and I would like to see him retire as Champ, but if JBJ turns out to be innocent, and doesn't get any punishment, or even a very short suspension, I feel DC will kinda have to fight Jon one last time.

Discuss.

Beating OSP > Manuwa imo although I thought OSP stole the W against Volkan.

Either way DC is at an age where if he gets decked he should evaluate, doesnt have anything to prove and could fall back on analysis type job.

I think he should fight Jon again but bring a weapon and just cheat like JBJ does

I think he knows that because he's mentioned how he needs to win this fight to show he's still at the top of his game, implying he might retire if he loses. Retiring now would also tarnish Jones beating him even more because he needed steroids to beat a past-his-prime DC.

Sure, he’s not the greatest role model, but, if he is allowed to come back and compete, why shouldn’t he? Because you dont’ like him as a person? What does that have to do with his ability in the cage? Plenty of people who I think are trash (Cerrone) but I respect them as fighters because they are good at what they do. I pay to watch them fight, they aren’t my friends nor involved in my life, just entertainment. And I want the best entertainment.

Also, not to sound like a dick, but, you’re making assumptions about what he WILL do in the future. People can change.

Strike one, strike two, strike three you’re out.

I wouldn’t give Jon the platform, how many times do you need to eat shit from the guy to realize he’s just another junkie

How is 1 loss against Volkan going to tarnish his legacy forever? Volkan is still fucking dangerous, even if he only has 3 fights in the UFC...

I think DC fights maybe a couple more times, then retires.

He has nothing left to prove.

He's had a great career overall, and as he's said in recent interviews, he and his family are financially set for life.
it's always good to hear fighters say that they're set for life. Because (at least i hope) it means they won't be fighting way past their prime to make ends meet.

I've never been much of a dc fan, but even i can see that he's a good dude.

Strike one, strike two, strike three you’re out.

I wouldn’t give Jon the platform, how many times do you need to eat shit from the guy to realize he’s just another junkie

I don’t give a single fuck about what he’s done. People I hang out with have done far worse than Jon has in his life, so I’m not going to judge. We all make mistakes and have our flaws. But none of that shit matters to me, hes purely entertainment for me so I’d like to see him back in the cage.

I think he should Popeyes.

After watching interviews with DC, you can tell he wants a third match with Jones. I feel like he'll retire after one or two more fights, then unretire whenever Jones is back for one last shot at beating Jones.

Back