I googled "most athletic sport" and according to the second result MMA is #1

Hacks who’d KTFO you.
Fucking bum.
I've got some boxing experience lol and I'd take my chances with the dreaded GOLDEN GLOVES CHAMPEENS

its amateur boxing. It really isn't that huge of an accomplishment dude. Its basically a tough man competition. you probably think Butterbean was a world class boxer

Um no. I've played basketball my entire life. Practice has nothing to do with dunking a ball. That's natural athleticism and coordination.

Just to drive home the point of how athletic NFL players are.. Josh McCown is by all accounts a SLOW UNATHLETIC NFL Quartback who looks like he has two left feet when playing other NFL athletes on the gridiron.

but here is him playing basketball showing he's actually an uber athlete

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fan-pass/0ap2000000342104/NFL-Fan-Pass-Ballin-with-Boldin
There is a video of a dude doing it after months of practice, white dude under 5'9

You think JJ Watt could beat Stipe, the Golden Gloves holder and NCAA wrestler with one year’s training? Lol
Winning a local Ohio Golden Gloves tournament means nothing. Brendan Schaub won a Golden Gloves title after boxing for a few months.

Stipe was never close to being an All-American as a wrestler so nothing special there either.

Winning a local Ohio Golden Gloves tournament means nothing. Brendan Schaub won a Golden Gloves title after boxing for a few months.

Stipe was never close to being an All-American as a wrestler so nothing special there either.
Schaub said that Stipe's golden gloves are more legit

Schaub said that Stipe's golden gloves are more legit
It's still irrelevant compared to the New York Golden Gloves for example, which is one of the few that attracts elite amateur boxers from all over the country.

It's one of the most physically demanding sports for sure, but the actual athletes involved (especially in the heavier divisions) are mostly D-level plumbers; Derrick Lewis being a good example of this.

No one can unconvince me of my belief that JJ Watt would be the UFC HW champ with one year of serious training.

Do you think JJ Watt could play in the NHL with one year of hockey?

Muscleprodigy.com

/thread

I'm still saying basketball has the best overall athletes. Size, speed, agility, leaping, eye-hand, endurance, quick decisions

Fighters are short and stocky, ballers are tall and thin. Isn’t every one in 6 7’ footers in the nba?

Their body types leave them getting ragdolled by shorter, stockier opponents. You could have the nba train for years and still 5’10 mark hunt would be putting them down.

Do you think JJ Watt could play in the NHL with one year of hockey?
No, but hockey is an actual sport, with actual athletes.

The average NHL player makes millions while the average MMA fighter makes 6 figures per fight while paying for all of his own expenses.

No, but hockey is an actual sport, with actual athletes.

The average NHL player makes millions while the average MMA fighter makes 6 figures per fight while paying for all of his own expenses.

Money earned has nothing to do with difficulty of the sport.

Top 10 Track stars make around 100k a year while UFC fighters can make that and more if they fight 2-3 times a year. Yet on paper track has much better athletes.

So this notion that you're only a real athlete if you make money is insulting and factually untrue

Its pointless even debating this, there are heaps of elite athletes in all sports around the world but we will never know whether they'd be great fighters for one simple reason....people aren't lining up to get punched in the face for a living!

Money earned has nothing to do with difficulty of the sport.

Top 10 Track stars make around 100k a year while UFC fighters can make that and more if they fight 2-3 times a year. Yet on paper track has much better athletes.

So this notion that you're only a real athlete if you make money is insulting and factually untrue
A lot of NFL players would've replaced those track stars if there was more money in T&F.

Its pointless even debating this, there are heaps of elite athletes in all sports around the world but we will never know whether they'd be great fighters for one simple reason....people aren't lining up to get punched in the face for a living!

nfl is more dangerous than mma

A lot of NFL players would've replaced those track stars if there was more money in T&F.

There are a few NFL players who probably could make it in high level T&F but the average NFL player at high athletic positions (non QB, kicker, lineman, etc) runs a 40 on turf in about a 4.8 seconds on average.

Olympic sprinter Christian Coleman did a 40 on turf in 4.12 seconds which is .10 seconds faster than the fastest NFL record ever recorded. And that's just short range sprinting. There's no telling if someone like John Ross could keep up his speed in a 100m or 200m or 400m dash

How can anyone disagree with that?

I used to watch football players die in MMA practices at my old college

There are a few NFL players who probably could make it in high level T&F but the average NFL player at high athletic positions (non QB, kicker, lineman, etc) runs a 40 on turf in about a 4.8 seconds on average.

Olympic sprinter Christian Coleman did a 40 on turf in 4.12 seconds which is .10 seconds faster than the fastest NFL record ever recorded. And that's just short range sprinting. There's no telling if someone like John Ross could keep up his speed in a 100m or 200m or 400m dash
NFL players train so much more than just speed buddeh.
If they trained T&F full time, it'd be a different story. Adrian Peterson's high school track coach said that if AP hadn't chosen football, he would've qualified for the Olympics in the 100m.

1. NFL Safeties and Cornerbacks
2. NFL Tailbacks
3. NBA Point and Shooting guards
4. Soccer Midfielders
5. NHL Defensemen

I'd say those above 5, not necessarily in that order, are the most athletic positions in sports. And to make it to the top in those positions, it's ALOT more competitive than making it to the top in MMA.

There is absolutely no way, anybody can convince me that Michael Bisping is more athletic than Kyrie Irving.

8b5.gif

Aussie rules football players are more "athletic" than NFL players.

No one said it wasnt an athletic sport. Its just that its athletes arent the top athletes that humankind has to offer.

Back