I got picked for C.L.E.E.T. I need a handgun and 12 gauge pump

After much research I have decided to go with a Glock 19 and Reminton 870 express 12 gauge. Much thanks for all the help....Also thoughts on my picks?

...Also thoughts on my picks?

Not until we see pics of your picks. Nothing wrong with a mid-sized Glock. One of the two departments I use to work for issues Glock 32s. Good size for duty or off duty carry. Virginia State Police also issue mid-sized handguns, but they use the p229.

After much research I have decided to go with a Glock 19 and Reminton 870 express 12 gauge. Much thanks for all the help....Also thoughts on my picks?

Good choice. As stated, if/when you get picked up by a police department that will be a handgun you can use on and off duty. I would have gone with an 870P due to the better materials used but not really a big deal. What is the capacity on your 870?

Good choice. As stated, if/when you get picked up by a police department that will be a handgun you can use on and off duty. I would have gone with an 870P due to the better materials used but not really a big deal. What is the capacity on your 870?

There are also a lot of mods out there for the 870, tube extensions and what not.

Well damn it. After talking to my buddys at work they have convinced me to go with somthing with a little more power. Thus I now will go with a Glock 23. (lol) I really think this is my final pick for the handgun. Will post pics when bought. May be a few weeks tho.

Well damn it. After talking to my buddys at work they have convinced me to go with somthing with a little more power. Thus I now will go with a Glock 23. (lol) I really think this is my final pick for the handgun. Will post pics when bought. May be a few weeks tho.

It's not a bad choice. Now you will spend about 50% more for ammo on that over the 9,

Where in OK do you live? If you live in the OKC area, go to H&H or COPS and you'll get one hell of a discount and it will come with night sights.

Also the Glock 19 is a great gun. If there going to pay for your ammo I would get a 40 sw. But a HK. If your going to stock with 9 go with the glock 19 great gun

But can a frangible round defeat a person that's wearing body armor with a ballistic plate? And that's why I think some PD's use subguns.

You do realize that subguns fire pistol rounds, right? That's not going to go through plate either. And most criminals aren't wearing body armor anyway, if they are, Tac Team usually gets called up for that.

You do realize that subguns fire pistol rounds, right? That's not going to go through plate either. And most criminals aren't wearing body armor anyway, if they are, Tac Team usually gets called up for that.

I know subguns are pistol ammo so what difference would it make if frangible 556 and 9mm ball or hollowpoint. At least with 9mm say like the mp5 or a intermediate round like the fn 5.7 it is more controllable and accurate at a certain range. Also shorter and costs less.

But can a frangible round defeat a person that's wearing body armor with a ballistic plate? And that's why I think some PD's use subguns.

If someone was actually rocking level IV armor, which to my knowledge no one has, PD's don't have anything that is going to go through that plate. They would have to go for a headshot or hope to knock the dude down with the blunt trauma of taking shots.

I know subguns are pistol ammo so what difference would it make if frangible 556 and 9mm ball or hollowpoint. At least with 9mm say like the mp5 or a intermediate round like the fn 5.7 it is more controllable and accurate at a certain range. Also shorter and costs less.

The point you made that I quoted first was that you think PD uses subguns because frangible 5.56 doesn't penetrate ballistic plate, not controllability.

The 5.7 doesn't penetrate the new crop of body armor either, and a 9mm damn sure doesn't. And the accuracy and controllability is arguable, too. PD doesn't tend to go full auto and just empty the mag until they hit something, they fire in bursts. I would prefer a 5.56 SBR over an MP5 or P90 any day.

You won't go wrong with a Glock 19. It's not my personal favorite, but it's a fantastic gun with a proven track record. And if you look around you can find a good deal.

Yeah. Little bit of pain never hurt anybody, if you know what I mean. Also, I think knives are a good idea. Big, fuck-off shiny ones. Ones that look like they could skin a crocodile. Knives are good because they don't make any noise, and the less noise they make, the more likely we are to use them. Shit 'em right up. Makes it look like we're serious. Guns for show, knives for a pro.

In my neighborhood, shit like that'll get you killed. I dont care how much of a pro you think you are, a knive gives you about a 3 foot kill radius

In my neighborhood, shit like that'll get you killed. I dont care how much of a pro you think you are, a knive gives you about a 3 foot kill radius

It's a quote from lock stock & two smoking barrels, If you haven't seen it go watch it immediately.

Lock,%2BStock%2Band%2BTwo%2BSmoking%2BBarrels.jpg

research and testing have shown that a knife will generally be a major threat within 20ft.

hell, you can clear 20ft of space with a knife thrust before most people would even be able to clear the holster.

I am not a fan of the springfield. One they have a weird grip safety and a trigger safety. While they due have high capacity makes you may get more FTf and fte. Like I was saying before the only manufacturers you should look at for handguns is Hk glock and maybe smith and season. Also being that your Leo you may be able to get a Benneli pump that has eight round mag tubes. I was at a gun show once and the difference between that and the remjngton870 was noticeable the Benneli was much tighter.!does that mean it will perform better I don't know.

The safety is excellent in a selfdefence situation imo

Back