I grew up in a cult

Lmao....I went to Catholic High School, and college. Took 5 years of theology. I dump on religion not because it’s cool. I do so because I believe it divides people, causes Wars, and is discriminatory. Some of them are out right scams created to rule and control. I believe in God, I’m no atheist. But the hierarchy and structure of religions have corrupted them.

As far as Christianity goes, how do you go from the teachings of Jesus to what the church does?
When you say “church” do you mean the Catholic Church?

You say your out and your views have changed and yet you decide to start a topic on this? You ain't out. Your mom and all her little JW friends are still living rent free in your head. If you're truly done then just walk away and leave all that behind you and stop dwelling on it.

Easier said than done. Getting out is easy. Getting them out of your head takes a long time.

Easier said than done. Getting out is easy. Getting them out of your head takes a long time.
Grew up in a Fundamentalist Pentecostal family. Parents, Aunts, Grandparents, Cousins, etc... everyone Fundamentalist Pentecostal to one degree or another. The pastor of the church receives the sort of deference one might see accorded a monarch. Women don't cut their hair or wear pants. Church on Sunday consists of about an hour of prayer before the service and the service is often two, sometimes three hrs long. etc.. etc...

I understand the mentality.

Back