I have a lot of questions about the upcoming Max Holloway vs. Justin Gaethje fight..... (headstrong matchup)

The deciding factor will be Justins kicks. If he decides to go kick heavy i don't think Max can take too many. If he just sticks with the hands it gives Max a much better chance to take over the fight. imho

This for me is very obvious who is going to win. Max doesn’t have a lot of power, Gaethje does, Gaethje is knocking him out

All chins crack. Especially when a fighter that HAS ABSORBED THE MOST SIG STRIKES IN THE ENTIRE UFC goes up in weight again, against a knockout artist in their prime, when they already got battered endlessly standing in their first fight at LW.

Also Google says this fight is canceled for UFC 300. what gives?
Condits chin was never broken.

That's fair but Condit absorbed a fraction of the punches Max does. He was often held down and wasn't afraid to utilize a running strategy like against Diaz.

Condit also didn't go up to MW and get his brain turned to pudding and then decide to try again against an even harder hitter.

Condit also never had a bizarrely weird and frightening fuege state, walking around doing interviews when he's out on his feet

First of all, if Justin wins, who's getting a shot at the LW belt next?? Is it Justin, Dustin, or the winner of Arman x Oliveira??? Justin is already the no. 1 contender, so if he wins this fight does it mean he will be the no. 0 contender? What happens if Justin loses? Is it Dustin or Arman x Oliveira up next?

It is clear that Ali tried to get a payday for both Islam and Justin in the Saudi Arabia card originally in March and the UFC told him to go pound sand. Saudi Arabia in return has told the UFC to go pound sand and now all parties are in a difficult position. The UFC probably doesn't want to make Islam vs Justin cause they would be giving in to Ali, but at the same time they need a fight that would make the Saudis happy. Justin probably knows this and that is why he is chill.

Secondly, will Max stay at lightweight? I don't know if you guys have seen him but Max been looking extra thick lately. Max is already a huge FW so if he's taking this bulk seriously then I don't see him staying at FW. I would love to see Max fight at LW and achieve what Volkanovski could never accomplish.

Holloway is a momentum fighter, he doesn't have great power and relies on cumulative damage to beat his opponents. One punch from him landing means it is more likely he will land another one. The Dustin and Conor fights already exposes what happens when he is up against someone with more power, he simply is in a huge disadvantage. The power edge means that his opponent can stop Holloway's momentum with one punch. Because of this is would be foolish for Holloway to stay in LW, that said because of this I would strongly favor Topuria if the two of them fought in FW.

Chris Lytle never KOed in 70 plus combat sports bouts including pro boxing, bk boxing and MMA. Never submitted either. Underrated legend. oh and yes War Condit one of my favorite for sure.

Chris Lytle never KOed in 70 plus combat sports bouts including pro boxing, bk boxing and MMA. Never submitted either. Underrated legend. oh and yes War Condit one of my favorite for sure.

You're right about Lytle, I forgot he never got KOd...good call.

That's fair but Condit absorbed a fraction of the punches Max does. He was often held down and wasn't afraid to utilize a running strategy like against Diaz.

Condit also didn't go up to MW and get his brain turned to pudding and then decide to try again against an even harder hitter.

Condit also never had a bizarrely weird and frightening fuege state, walking around doing interviews when he's out on his feet

Like @BEATDOWNS reminded me of...Chris Lytle has never been KOd either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back