I have never used the Cruise Control feature on any car I've ever driven

I use it on long highway drives.

As others have said.

Long trips on desolate roads, it comes in handy

I use it often, or at least more than the average driver I'd say. It's very good for long driving distances and when there's no traffic, you get to stretch your legs and just relax for a bit.

On the highway outside of major cities, with light traffic, of course...hope you're not one of those assholes who doesn't use it and constantly switches speeds, and passes me, then I'll pass you, back and forth, all while I'm at the same speed on cruise control...

<31>

I did some highway driving yesterday. Speed limit ws 65 so I set the CC to 70mph. I was just cruising in the right lane and people kept tail gating me. Then they would pass me, get in front of me and slow down. So I would just signal into the fast lane and pass them and get back over. I never changed speeds mind you. And then they would pass me and repeat.

OMFG what is wrong with people?

And on one lane roads why do people speed up when there is a passing lane? People who do 50 in a 55 and then speed up to 85 in the passing lane area so nobody can pass? WHAT IS THAT?????????????????

Somebody please kill them.

I did some highway driving yesterday. Speed limit ws 65 so I set the CC to 70mph. I was just cruising in the right lane and people kept tail gating me. Then they would pass me, get in front of me and slow down. So I would just signal into the fast lane and pass them and get back over. I never changed speeds mind you. And then they would pass me and repeat.

And on one lane roads why do people speed up when there is a passing lane? People who do 50 in a 55 and then speed up to 85 in the passing lane area so nobody can pass? WHAT IS THAT?????????????????

I'll allow it, so maddening...

maxresdefault.jpg

Story of my life. Especially the people who hate getting passed, so they start driving like a madman.

If I ever have a stroke, it’ll be while driving, and I hope I take some of these people out with me when I crash.

It's good for when you have several hours of highway driving, but that's about it. Doesn't save much gas on city driving and feels weird below highway speeds.
It doesn't save gas at all imo. I use and and wish others would use it to keep a consistent speed instead of a 15mph variance for 2 hours. Shit is extremely annoying to be behind. Or when I'm on cruise at 70 and every other fuckwad keeps passing me then I pass them 10 minutes later going the exact same speed. It honestly makes me want to side swipe people.

There's a few local roads where I live that are pretty deserted but often have police speed traps on them. I set the cruise control about 2-3km/h over the limit so I don't get a ticket, if I don't do that the roads are so empty & straight that I'll end up going way over the limit and get busted so fast that it's not even funny.

One of my cars has the cruise where you can raise and lower speed using buttons on the steering wheel. Feels futuristic as fuck.

I drove from San Diego to Las Vegas this morning and turning it on didn't even cross my mind lol. There is traffic the whole way on Friday though.

I can't say I've ever used this feature on any vehicle I've ever driven. My dad has never used it. Not even sure how to use it. Has anyone ever insisted they need cruise control as a product feature on their next car?
Do any of you actually use it?

I use it almost all the time unless it's slippery or traffic is heavy. I wouldn't own a vehicle without it and haven't since 1970.

I use it everyday. People that don't use it are annoying as fuck.

You're driving wrong if you don't use it on the highway.

One (of many) pet peeves is if someone passes me going 10 mph faster than me when I'm on cruise control, and then a few minutes later I pass him. Then he passes me, and then I pass him. Use your cruise control moron!

Back