I have never used the Cruise Control feature on any car I've ever driven

No it won’t, the cruise control is constantly changing throttle trying to stay constant speed.

It’s very easy to measure your self if you have instantaneous mph readout.

Hold your foot perfectly still on flat land leading up to a hill and watch your mpg as you ascend and descend the hill. The mpg readout stays constant. You dip and few mph going up the hill, gain a few going down and level off where you were on flat land.

With cruise control on the shit will dip speed, downshift increase throttle drink gas , go over the set speed and coast a little fall down lower and accelerate again to maintain. It’s constantly fighting to maintain speed and drinking gas doing it.

It’s just hard as f and annoying to try and keep your throttle position flat while driving up and down hills and flats but better on gas.

So you give up and let the cruise control do it’s thing.

What I'm saying is that if you're trying to keep a constant speed on the highway, as you should, the cruise control does it much more efficiently than your foot can and saves you gas. Also, without cruise control, most change speed too much and waste gas. The most efficient method of increasing MPGs is keeping your speed constant, in general, and cruise control is most efficient at that.

What I'm saying is that if you're trying to keep a constant speed on the highway, as you should, the cruise control does it much more efficiently than your foot can and saves you gas. Also, without cruise control, most change speed too much and waste gas. The most efficient method of increasing MPGs is keeping your speed constant, in general, and cruise control is most efficient at that.
I see, I’m better at it than the cruise control is but it’s a pain in the ass

It actually uses more gas, unless you are on a dead flat road, then even still I don’t think it’s better.

Since it’s trying to keep a constant speed with hills it will accelerate and coast and accelerate and coast using more fuel.

I can keep my foot dead flat, and the vehicle will slow down and speed up a few mph going up and down hills but the mpg reading stays constant at 17mpg going 70 on the highway.

Turn on cruise control and it’s bouncing between 15 and 12 most times and dips to 8 up hills and briefly 30 down hills.

I wish there was a constant peddle position setting instead of speed setting with some variables thrown in there like “if < 5mph or set speed accelerate to set speed” and go back to constant peddle after that.

That would be much better on saving gas.

What gashog do you drive?

Most people who don't use cruise control are constantly on and off the gas. I've ridden with them and get a sore neck from accelerating and slowing down.

What gashog do you drive?

Most people who don't use cruise control are constantly on and off the gas. I've ridden with them and get a sore neck from accelerating and slowing down.
People’s inability to control their speed shouldn’t be used in an example if cruise control is more efficient than driving properly.

And a lifted z71, for what it is it’s pretty decent on gas if you aren’t driving stupid.

I only use it on road trips when there aren't a lot of drivers around. It's nice cause it's once less thing to worry about while driving.

Same here. Also don't use it when it's raining.

I don't really use it much but I'd miss it if I didn't have it

This, least on the highway between cities. People who constantly speed up and slow down make me want to commit violent crimes upon them.

You’d be right to do so. On the highway, keep a constant speed, don’t touch your brakes unless necessary, or lose your license. Get the fuckers off the road

I never used to use it ever but if you try it then it's helpful on LONG divided hoghway drives

Twice a year I visit extended family on a 7 hour drive and lock in 120 KMs per hour and just pay attention to cars that need to be passed

I get pissed when I'm blocked by slow vehicles in both lanes and have to deactivate cruise control

<34>

I use it on long highway trips.

My Toyota Highlander has a nice feature. If you’re on cruise control and catch up to the car ahead of you it will adjust your speed automatically to match the speed of the car ahead so you don’t get too close. As soon as you move over in the left lane, it will accelerate back to your cruise speed.

I never used to use it ever but if you try it then it's helpful on LONG divided hoghway drives

Twice a year I visit extended family on a 7 hour drive and lock in 120 KMs per hour and just pay attention to cars that need to be passed

I get pissed when I'm blocked by slow vehicles in both lanes and have to deactivate cruise control

<34>
I usually set mine at 109 to avoid tickets.

Everyone drives 120 in NB and they only ticket at 150

@Medulla Omoplata
I’ll get to see that for myself next summer. I just came back from a vacation in Gaspesie peninsula, and next summer we’re gonna do N.B. and N.S.

I’ll get to see that for myself next summer. I just came back from a vacation in Gaspesie peninsula, and next summer we’re gonna do N.B. and N.S.

NS is a little stricter but I almost exclusively drive 120 and even faster when passing

Never got in trouble yet and despite this I still get passed frequently on highway

<Fedor23>

But if you visit and get ticketed don't come at me

NS is a little stricter but I almost exclusively drive 120 and even faster when passing

Never got in trouble yet and despite this I still get passed frequently on highway

<Fedor23>

But if you visit and get ticketed don't come at me

Did I ever tell you about the time I took a bridge?

Did I ever tell you about the time I took a bridge?

Was it a covered bridge

those are awesome

oldfield02.jpg

Back