I hear Conor's whiskey is pretty bad

Jameson is very easy to drink. I'm not personally much of a fan, but it's probably not a bad starting place for enjoying whisky. You might suddenly find that you go from "actually didn't mind it" to "hey, this is damn nice." And then you'll want to try other stuff, and before you know it the Lagavulin 16 is your favorite drink of all.

You know, I think most people pretty much hate whisky the first few times they have it - even if they have something fairly decent. It certainly was an acquired taste for me - I didn't like it at all for a long time. And now I'm a total whisky geek, and I enjoy the hell out of every little sip I have (if it's a nice whisky, at least). I founded a small whisky club, and I also make my own blended malts (without being all that successful at it - it's not an easy thing to do well, to be honest).

It's a weird thing (and a slippery slope, ahem)...
I can totally see how it's an acquired taste and how one would like it eventually.

Seemed like a good honest review. It will definitely need more time to age.

It was okay.

Pretty powerful though one shot is all it took to put me away.

The next morning I felt like I got hit by a dolly.

1487.Jpg

The GOAT

A professional fighter making whiskey would probably be as good as a professional whiskey maker going into the UFC

Cant listen to anyone with hair like that guy on the left. Just accept defeat and shave it off and enjoy life as a baldcel waking up in the morning with clothes smelling of whiskey.
These bums dont know shit.

If Kebab released a whiskey it would taste one dimensional. #micdrop

Wow, a YT channel with 129 subscribers. That settles it. LOL.

One of the reviewers is wearing a Jack Daniels Old No. 7 t-shirt. If that doesn't immediately disqualify him from reviewing whiskies, I don't know what does.
This.. americans dont know what good whiskey is... most think scotch is a completely different thing

Jameson is very easy to drink. I'm not personally much of a fan, but it's probably not a bad starting place for enjoying whisky. You might suddenly find that you go from "actually didn't mind it" to "hey, this is damn nice." And then you'll want to try other stuff, and before you know it the Lagavulin 16 is your favorite drink of all.

You know, I think most people pretty much hate whisky the first few times they have it - even if they have something fairly decent. It certainly was an acquired taste for me - I didn't like it at all for a long time. And now I'm a total whisky geek, and I enjoy the hell out of every little sip I have (if it's a nice whisky, at least). I founded a small whisky club, and I also make my own blended malts (without being all that successful at it - it's not an easy thing to do well, to be honest).

It's a weird thing (and a slippery slope, ahem)...

Got any suggestions bro for some decent starter whiskeys in the $30-$50 range?

Nothing wrong with a blended Irish whiskey. Regular Jameson is blended and lots of people drink it. I'll try a bottle as long as the markup isn't too high. I tried Matthew McConaughay's bourbon (Longbranch) and was pleasantly surprised. Sammy Hagar's tequila (Cabo Wabo) is pretty solid, as well.

Lol. I couldn't make it that far. Not that these guys are terrible, I just don't care enough.

I drank my share of whiskey in my youth, but I don't drink much these days, and when I do it's usually bourbon or Scotch. My favorite Scotch is Lagavulin. Bourbon I prefer Maker's Mark. My husband sometimes drinks Irish whiskey, but its always the usual suspects: Jameson's, Bushmill's, maybe Redbreast. I'm not as poor as I once was, so when I do buy a bottle it's usually well aged and a decade or two in the cask covers a multitude of sins.

As far as McGregor owning (or investing in) a distillery, I think it's a lot smarter than blowing his money on cocaine and whores but I'm in no hurry to run out and buy a bottle.
I love a good scotch too, haven't tried many, but like an 18 Glenfiddich. Haven't tried Lagavulin. Makers mark is ok, and whiskeys, I like those you mentioned also. if I feel like spending the money, maybe a Johnny Walker blue.
or a 21 Glenfiddich. I'll do Chivas or Crown even, mostly Jameson or even Jim Beam, just so I don't kill a good bottle, in a couple days. Mostly scotch for me though.

I wouldn't expect a brand new whiskey to taste good tbh. Maybe in 10-15 years they can out with a decent aged whiskey

Depends on whether he made a new line or bought an existing low-brow line to stamp his name on.

Celebrities do this stuff all the time - it's the heart of "Trump Steaks", for example.

i don't like any of the stuff from Tennessee, but there are some good bourbons from Kentuck

When I drink, it's Espolon or Cointreau. Then again, I almost always mix my drinks into cocktails.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back