I just dont understand this Brady-Rodgers stuff. Sorry

XThe GreatestX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
yes i know Rodgers is a great qb. Atg. But cmon......

Lets do it like this.

One guy is in his 40s. Still playing at an elite level, taking patchwork teams of nobodies and castoffs deep into the playoffs/superbowl, has won 5 superbowls, which arguably should be 8, ALL on a reduced salary....has Gronk who’s never there when he actually needs him, Belechick who’s defenses are getting sorrier and sorrier as the years go by, and had Randy Moss for a few years......

The other throws a beautiful football, but is hated by most of his team. Blames everyone else when stuff goes wrong but takes all the credit when it goes right. Has one superbowl and an otherwise embarrassing playoff record. All on one of the largest contracts in league history ( gee i wonder why they cant get players these days). And had a stacked team during his lone SB run and for a few years before and after.

Sorry. But its the most ludicrous argument in all of sports.

Nope Rodgers is the best QB to play the game with all the intangibles, Brady has the rings , and has always has an owner/ coach that always provided weapons for Brady, Rodgers hasn’t had that luxury for years now, you put Rodgers on the pats and they have 8-10 rings , Rodgers has carried the packers for years ,but again the organization failed to provide him and the defense with what they need to make a deep run year after year.

If you're evaluating on-field talent in terms of GOAT status and comparing the two, it's obviously Rodgers. Ignoring all the horse shit cheating shenanigans of the past, Brady was gifted with a ferrari of an offensive scheme from day one. He rarely has to look past his first read, rarely ever throws into coverage, rarely ever throws it deep. It's hard for me to rank him if I'm making an all-time QB list, because he never really shows you anything with the system he operates under.

Just because I can drive a ferrari faster than Jeff Gordon can drive a Prius doesn't mean I'm a better driver than Jeff Gordon.

New England has always had a better overall team when you count all 3 phases, as well as far superior coaching than Green Bay since they won their first SB.

You think Brady wins 5 rings on Green Bay?

so if brady is just a system quarterback as a couple of you are saying, how did that system work before brady got with Belichick? Was he a hall of fame coach in the making? 41-55 record in seasons before he had brady, i believe. but yea, bill made tom

its mostly that you're just making stuff up

I never understood either 5 rings - 1 ring 9 superbowl appreances - one sb appreance
One is the goat and one Is the goat finger pointer and blame defector

Last edited:
Its pretty simple.

Aaron Rodgers is the most talented/gifted QB ever.

Brady is an absolutely incredible QB and far and away the most accomplished. The combination of which makes him the undisputable GOAT.

Its not the same thing.

Its pretty simple.

Aaron Rodgers is the most talented/gifted QB ever.

Brady is an absolutely incredible QB and far and away the most accomplished. The combination of which makes him the undisputable GOAT.

Its not the same thing.

I pretty much agree.
Greatest and best aren't necessarily the same thing. Brady is the most accomplished and one of the best QB's of all time making him pretty unquestionably the Greatest.

But in terms of just ability and play on the field, Rodgers is better.

In kind of a related tangent, I hate how people use Dan Marino's name as almost a pejorative term when he is maybe the best I've ever seen and still the best passer in the history of the game. That's not a bad thing! No one will say that he's the greatest of all time; but if I were to pick any QB ever to start my imaginary franchise, I'd pick Marino, especially in today's NFL.

so if brady is just a system quarterback as a couple of you are saying, how did that system work before brady got with Belichick? Was he a hall of fame coach in the making? 41-55 record in seasons before he had brady, i believe. but yea, bill made tom

I don’t think he’s necessarily a “system” qb but he benefits from having the GOAT coach. Lots of great coaches battle through some adversity before becoming great anyways. Saying Bill made Tom or Tom made Bill is ridiculous.

In terms of Rodgers, what he’s able to do with a pretty shitty team and coaching staff is amazing. The packers definitely wasted his career despite getting 1 ring. They should’ve won at least 3.

NE/Brady fans don't understand football, so it's no surprise this is hard for you.

Rodgers is simply more talented and better at literally everything.
Brady is more successful and plays for a better team and coach.

also LMAO @ Gronk "I catch jump balls in triple coverage" not being there when Tom needs him.
What in the actual fuck.
Gronk has carried Tom across the finish line against better teams so many times when things weren't working. Rodgers throws his stick thin receivers open

This is another line parroted by know-nothing NE/Brady fans.
Bill took over CLEVELAND my dude, who still haven't recovered from the collapse they hired him to deal with, despite a couple of okay seasons.

Bill had literally half a defense and an o-line when he got that job, they hired him take a pile of trash, burn it, and mould the ashes into a vase. It took him years to get that team to a decent level, and he did, then they announced they were going to Baltimore and everything went to shit.

New England weren't exactly a shit team with Bledsoe. Some would argue they win that SB anyway based on their defensive play had he not gotten knicked.

Oh and prior to all of this as a DC he had a defensive scheme so perfect it won the Giatnts the SB against the Bills, a big upset that can be attributed to him almost single-handidly.

But yeah, he's just an average head coach without Tom.

I know some of it is mutual respect between the two but Brady himself said this:
"If you give Rodgers what I had my whole career he'd have thrown for 7000 yards and like 40 TDs every season"

Think about this. Brady has had more than competent defenses and has had at least one superstar WR in Moss. He has had a decent running game most every season the team has done very well and has guys in the slot that have basically made slot receivers a thing in Welker, Amendola, and Edleman.

Rodgers.. He came in with old man Driver, Finley almost died, and Jennings left after the Super Bowl. Since then he's had basically no run game, a defense that likes to spot the opposing teams at least 20 points before they try to hold them.

Rodgers and Brady will go down as basically 1a and 1b best QBs to have ever played when they both retire (at least from the generation they played in). It'll come down to which do you favor more when discussing past QBs... pure talent which is where Rodgers wins or the accolades which if the rings are what matters is where Brady wins.

Jordan said it right in the ad. Who has the titles... who has the raw talent.. or who has the most clutch moments?

The titles goes to Brady, raw talent goes to Rodgers.

I don't hate Brady the way a lot of people who AREN'T fans of New England are, mostly cause my best friend and a one time roommate is a Patriots fan. But, there's a REASON Brady went in the 6th and Rodgers went in the 1st of their respective drafts at the time. Coming out of college, Rodgers had and still does have the better skillset.

Brady is certainly not just a system QB. With that said, Belicheck did take the Browns to the playoffs and win a playoff game.

I'm not a Patriots fan and I'd have to put Brady over Rodgers.

I just don't care.

Nothing more than wank fodder for Baseless, Cowturd and their mindless followers.

This is another line parroted by know-nothing NE/Brady fans.
Bill took over CLEVELAND my dude, who still haven't recovered from the collapse they hired him to deal with, despite a couple of okay seasons.

Bill had literally half a defense and an o-line when he got that job, they hired him take a pile of trash, burn it, and mould the ashes into a vase. It took him years to get that team to a decent level, and he did, then they announced they were going to Baltimore and everything went to shit.

New England weren't exactly a shit team with Bledsoe. Some would argue they win that SB anyway based on their defensive play had he not gotten knicked.

Oh and prior to all of this as a DC he had a defensive scheme so perfect it won the Giatnts the SB against the Bills, a big upset that can be attributed to him almost single-handidly.

But yeah, he's just an average head coach without Tom.

Bill is nothing without Tom.. or drew... or Matt... or jimmy.

The Pats just came off of a 5-11 season, Terry Glenn was their best offensive player and held out (amongst other shit), Katzenmoyer got put on IR with his neck being permanently fucked, and they still didn't have a replacement for Curtis Martin with Robert Edwards destroying his knee. They most likely don't make the playoffs if it weren't for all the goofy shit that happened that year like Patten getting his return, run, and pass TD, Brown's crazy catch off of the deflected pass, Patten getting concused on the sideline but somehow maintaining possession with his leg, or Antowain Smith's 40 yard run where he was stopped at the line for 5 seconds.

I know you didn't watch the Pats in the 90s, no one did, but don't go making shit up.

The Pats just came off of a 5-11 season, Terry Glenn was their best offensive player and held out (amongst other shit), Katzenmoyer got put on IR with his neck being permanently fucked, and they still didn't have a replacement for Curtis Martin with Robert Edwards destroying his knee. They most likely don't make the playoffs if it weren't for all the goofy shit that happened that year like Patten getting his return, run, and pass TD, Brown's crazy catch off of the deflected pass, Patten getting concused on the sideline but somehow maintaining possession with his leg, or Antowain Smith's 40 yard run where he was stopped at the line for 5 seconds.

I know you didn't watch the Pats in the 90s, no one did, but don't go making shit up.
So you agree Belichick made them better

Back