I just realized how weak I am compared to pro athletes

Venom

Lurker since '09
@Silver
Reaction score
Playfully sparred with friend's younger brother who has similar height and reach to me.

He sparred a few times already with amateur fighters around the city in their free time, so I'd say he's better than some average Joe couch potato.

I was grazing him with a few 1-2s, then he shot for a takedown....he beat my sprawl and I tried to take his back, he slipped out of it before I got my hooks in, we clinched on the way up for a few tense seconds, then I slipped out of his grip and we were back face to face stand up.

I was breathing through my mouth already LOL, how could I ever survive a stronger person.

Here's a pic of a stick

stick_0.png

Playfully sparred with friend's younger brother who has similar height and reach to me.

He sparred a few times already with amateur fighters around the city in their free time, so I'd say he's better than some average Joe couch potato.

I was grazing him with a few 1-2s, then he shot for a takedown....he beat my sprawl and I tried to take his back, he slipped out of it before I got my hooks in, we clinched on the way up for a few tense seconds, then I slipped out of his grip and we were back face to face stand up.

I was breathing through my mouth already LOL, how could I ever survive a stronger person.
same thing happened to CM Punk, yet he didn't let the realization that he was a subpar athlete stop him from fighting in the UFC. Follow your dreams.

Well... This is an odd thread.

Where exactly does the pro athlete part come in?

Does it really matter? We got a picture of a stick and a picture of a dog in a hat in the same thread. Let's celebrate the small wins.

I see pro fighters fight 3 whole rounds without getting tired much.

I got into an attempted mount, NS choke, and clinch in the span of a few seconds and ended up gassing....

This is a bad thread and you should feel bad.

I've train with guys who couldn't even cut it in the UFC (short stints) and they where dead-lifting 3x there body weight and running sub 5 minute miles.

People love to call mma guys D level athletes but alot of the pro's i've trained with have shown incredible strength, flexibility, conditioning, and mental toughness (I would hardly call someone with those attributes a "D level chump" )

Wait. Really you mean you have shit cardio compared to any semi athletic martial artist. and you are weak compared to kids that sometimes spar with ammy fighters.

Wait. Really you mean you have shit cardio compared to any semi athletic martial artist. and you are weak compared to kids that sometimes spar with ammy fighters.

It might be my small muscles. I've always thought that a person far too weak is gonna tire out faster than even one of these Woodley or Lesnar builds.

It might be my small muscles. I've always thought that a person far too weak is gonna tire out faster than even one of these Woodley or Lesnar builds.
Mate are you trolling <Lmaoo>

Maybe you on to something this is why those marathoners always look like incredible hulk

Mate are you trolling <Lmaoo>

Maybe you on to something this is why those marathoners always look like incredible hulk

That's not the point. And marathoners are probably stronger still than me.

My muscle mass I took a good look at myself the other day, a day after I made this thread, and I can't believe how much non-gains I've made in months/years. I look so much smaller and weaker I'm already short, so staying as genetics made me would be irresponsible.

Back