I know its not likely, but imagine if MMAdecisions.com overrode bonehead jugding

They can, but when you look at them in total, it will likely give you a more unbiased outcome than just three judges.

Another option could be having more judges in total, because as we have seen with MMA, if just two judges are off that night, the wrong guy wins. With 5-10 judges, the chances for error are smaller. MMA Media can be bad, but when you consider the Adelaide Byrd and Cecil People types, who solely got the job because they are connectedpolitically. they make a Schulb like Marc Ramondi look like Bruce Lee.

Oh MMA judges are terrible for sure. More would probably help a lot.

Who cares what the judges think? If you're fighting to try to impress someone, you're just a poser.

wasnt that how they did it in the early days of boxing? newspapers would score the fight and that was the only reference as to who won. correct me if im wrong

Wouldn't be surprised if half the Journos didn't actually watch the fights and just relied on their colleagues.

"Hey Drake who do you think won that one, I popped out for a cheeseburger"
"Markos 30-26"
Markos? Ok Markos, I'll go 30-27.

I was browsing this site, and it seems like almost every aggregate overall score also agreed with what the media experts judged also

Or even better, imagine if MMA experts/MMA media experts judged the fights, and we took the average of like 15 experts instead of 3 boozoo judges

Some of these judges have no idea what they're doing and it needs to be fixed

Look at Benson Henderson, he lost Edgar II, Melendez and Josh Thompson

And these just arent random undercard fights with little meaning, but title fights/#1 contender fights

Benson was considered a LW great at the time, but as you see with his downfall and lack of success recently, maybe he wasnt that good anyway, but was gifted decisions

IMHO fighters have to judge fights by watching it on a screen where Fighter's faces are erased so they don't know who is fighting who (this way they can't be biased due to knowing the guy, being from the same gym, etc).

Maybe add the live audience as well. (6 ex-fighters + audience - who counts as 7th judge).
That would be the best IMO.

BUt alas, impractical and impossible to do...

Back