I like Kevin Lee.

if-you-love-j505q1.jpg

Hey fellas, this doesn't need to get heated and I know that he's a divisive character, but I think he says a lot of things that are undeniable.

I think as a fighter he's super skilled maybe his fighting style isn't the most exciting but the dudes a beast.

Now, with regards to his very recent comments on weight cutting in which he said that they're sll just basically waiting for someone to die, I think that's true and I'm glad he spoke up.

Something needs to be done. Good on Kevin for saying it and putting it in those terms.
Big fan of Kevin Lee, his fighting and personality actually.

He's way off with his comments on weight cutting though.

I'm sick of all these fighters whining about 2 things:
1. Weight Cutting/Weigh-ins
2. Fighter Pay.

If you don't like how the UFC operates, fight out your contract and then go get a desk job or teach a Cross-fit class. I have my own damn problems.

So what's to stop WWs that are able to cut the extra 5 and beat up on them? Now you're thinning the WW and LW divisions too. Its not like Lee is too tiny for WW. Dos Anjos successfully went up. There aren't enough great fighters to keep adding divisions when the main problem is people not trying to fight at their natty weight.

Beyond the whole division thing I really dislike Kevin Lee. He has cringey shit talk and I feel like he puts on a hood voice. The way he enunciates certain words makes it seem like under his persona he is smart and well spoken. But goddamn does it sound so fake when he says shit like "I be". Good fighter tho.

Are steroids an advantage if everyone is on them? (As if in the juice days of baseball, only the hitters were juicing?).
If every race car is given an extra 100 horsepower, is it an advantage?

I guess that's what I just don't understand about why the UFC won't implement some type of hydration testing. What's the down side? We can argue personal responsibility and it's on the fighter, could debate that UFC is a promoter and not a commission.
Are they of the belief that missed weight and kidneys shutting down is a lower risk than a fight getting bounced due to hydration?

Ironic that he's one of the morons cutting too much weight. Risking his life\health every fight.

<{cruzshake}>
That's not ironic. That reinforces his point. He has to weight because everyone else is doing it. If he moved up a class where those dudes are also cutting huge amounts he'd be well undersized on fight night. This is exactly the point he and a lot of other people are making.

Nobody tells these morons to cut so much weight. Whats with all the whining nowadays? Whats the point? That everyone cuts weight and some cant handle it? Lets have divisions for every weight, just weigh in and that's the division that fight derrp. Human nature is to look for any advantage, no matter the weight guys would still cut huge amounts of weight to try and get an advantage. But then don't cry about it. Millennials pfft. I need a weight safe space.

Nobody tells these morons to cut so much weight. Whats with all the whining nowadays? Whats the point? That everyone cuts weight and some cant handle it? Lets have divisions for every weight, just weigh in and that's the division that fight derrp. Human nature is to look for any advantage, no matter the weight guys would still cut huge amounts of weight to try and get an advantage. But then don't cry about it. Millennials pfft. I need a weight safe space.
I can see your side of the argument as well man. I really don't know what the solution is but I think that things can't continue the way they are now because someone will die at some point.

I like Kevin Lee too.

Seems well rounded, dangerous, fearless, educated, mature, stylish dresser, good dancing.

Back