Ask me anything

Is there a general late night street scene? I can never tell if Seoul and other major pop. centers pack it in early more than NYC

Like are the bars and nightlife closed after certain times, or very late running?

Bars are open until like 7 am

Ethnically Korean, born here but lived in the states for half my life. Been back almost 8 years now. I'm copying that other dude's thread about the Philippines. Ask me anything.

I'm also a bit drunk.
1. Out of 10 Korean women, how many had plastic work done?

2. Is it true they take the respect your elders thing super seriously?

3. Why do K-pop groups all look and sound alike?

4. How's life outside of the Seoul/Inchon area?

5. Why did Kim Jong-un let you use the internet?

HEY YOU DUTCH COCKSUCKER, I'D SNAP YOUR NECK IF I HEARD YOU SAY THAT TO AN ASIAN PERSON. OR PUT YOU TO SLEEP AND LET PEOPLE SHIT DOWN YOUR THROAT. IGNORANT FUCKERS LIKE YOU NEED SUFFERING TO ACCEPT EDUCATION.

What gym do you train at?
Are you a poet

I've got news for you - this is sherdog. Everyone says shit they'd never say in real life here

Last edited:
Hey kids, this is why you want to stay in school. Don't be like this bitchmade inbred tard nugget.

Yes kids go to school so you can learn cutting edge jabs like tard nugget

Korean women are the hottest in Asia imo.

Near the sinchon/hongdae area. Been here since I came to Korea and I think it's the best area since it's so accessible to everything.

Yeah, that's a good area. If I move, I'd prefer around there and I want to stay the hell away from Itaewon.

1. Out of 10 Korean women, how many had plastic work done?

2. Is it true they take the respect your elders thing super seriously?

3. Why do K-pop groups all look and sound alike?

4. How's life outside of the Seoul/Inchon area?

5. Why did Kim Jong-un let you use the internet?

1. I recall the statistics saying about 70% of them have it done. But usually it's the double eyelid surgery. I think most women I know have had it done but I also know many women who haven't had surgery and are still beautiful. After living here for awhile you can tell who had surgery and who haven't. There are also many women who were pretty but had it surgery and got worse. There seems to be a lot of societal pressure on women (and to some extent men) to get surgery even if they don't need it. The same thing applies for education. A lot of pressure for parents to send their kids to private academies to augment their public schooling. My mom took me to take private English classes despite the fact I spoke better English than Korean and did well on tests without even trying.

2. Simple answer is yes. Age is taken very seriously here with age being the first thing you're asked before your name or where you're from. I ask people's names first and this weirds some people out. I can give a more detailed answer later when I come back home.

3. Can't give you a detailed answer as I tend to ignore k-pop related stuff. But I'd wager it's the same reason most pop music sound alike.

4. Not as dynamic or exciting. Girls are definitely less hot. I once biked to a neighboring city and noticed a pretty stark difference in how people look and dress. Remember that Seoul and the area around it is like most of the country. Almost every thing culturally, politically, socially significant happens there. Busan is an exception. In some ways I find Busan more interesting because of the beaches and it attracts Koreans from all over the country. Seoul is mostly people from Seoul or the area around it.

5. The Dear Leader let's us use the internet so we spread the glorious truth about our nation and quell the lies told the American imperialist dogs.

Yeah, that's a good area. If I move, I'd prefer around there and I want to stay the hell away from Itaewon.
IMO, Hapjeong seems to the best place. If I had the money, I'd get a nice apartment there. But if I was rich as fuck I'd live on the residential floors of Jamsil tower.

What are your favorite Korean foods and non-Korean foods?

Anything you miss from the US?

Yes kids go to school so you can learn cutting edge jabs like tard nugget
Don't know what utility you get from this, but you wouldn't do it face to face. Mayberry isn't that type of place. Go elsewhere to get your jollies. If you're crying out for attention because mommy didn't hug you enough, pm me. I'm here for you. Have a nice day.

Mayberry isn't that type of place.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

You must have not been here long. I'm sorry that I hurt your feelings and will try to post with your personal feelings in mind - I didn't realize you were one of those super sensitive types.

Last edited:
giphy-downsized-large.gif

You must have not been here long. I'm sorry that I hurt your feelings and will try to post with your personal feelings in mind - I didn't realize you were one of those super sensitive types.
Omg you're so hot. I would totally have your babies.

What are your favorite Korean foods and non-Korean foods?

Anything you miss from the US?

Favorites:
1. Galbi Jim. Steamed short ribs. I fucking love this but don't get it too often.
2. Nengmyun. Cold buckwheat noodles

There's a few more but those two are I could go for anyday.

Least favorite is this steamed Monkfish dish. Not only is the fish extremely ugly and evokes a desire to punch it in the face, they cut it up and mix it with beansprouts in hot sauce. I heard the meat of the fish itself is quite good but they leave the skin and bone which for me makes the texture very uneven and hard to eat. They use gochujang which is used in every other korean dish so you can't really get the flavor of the fish meat, and it just ends up tasting like every other Korean dish. Bean sprouts are also one of my least favorite vegetables.
monkfish.jpg.696x0_q80_crop-smart.jpg

1841E5194C1FDA3318668B

I miss a ton of stuff from the States but luckily you can get most stuff in Korea these days, plus I can cook as well. Problem is that it is also expensive to get quality foreign food in general. I miss thanksgiving food the most but it is hard to get here. Turkey is very expensive.

Is Gangnam a place of rich folks which inspired the pop song about them?

Ethnically Korean, born here but lived in the states for half my life. Been back almost 8 years now. I'm copying that other dude's thread about the Philippines. Ask me anything.

I'm also a bit drunk.

What would be top 3-5 must visit places in Korea?

Back