"I lost because of my ego. I'm going to go fight for ACB." - Frank Mir

Frank Mur coming trough with the excuses.

He's literally blaming himself and explaining what he sees as a mistake he made. That's not an excuse.

If you'd paid attention, you'd realise people had been criticising Frank Mir for exactly what he just admitted to - that getting thrown embarrassed him and made him fight differently.

He's literally blaming himself and explaining what he sees as a mistake he made. That's not an excuse.

If you'd paid attention, you'd realise people had been criticising Frank Mir for exactly what he just admitted to - that getting thrown embarrassed him and made him fight differently.

Lol

Jow is explaining what he thought and did. And stating he needs to shake off the rust excuses ?

Fucking Shertards.

latest
Lol. You can't explain reason to an idiot.

Saying you lost because of your ego is the definition of owning your loss like a man. He's literally telling people that he fucked up and putting the blame solely on himself.
Ring rust is an excuse though.

Would be great if he just said, "Fedor is just better than me."

Pretty sure he just lost from a cut

A CUT

there was very little on the punch mir just has a soft brain at this point

Lose is a lose...Fedor win that all

C'mon, he did not use a book of excuses like saying his grandfather died a month before, did not sleep well, had sand in his vagina or my head was cracked (Tito). He simply said he punched without being composed because of his ego and paid the price for it.

Is "he was better than me on that night" the only post-defeat answer acceptable on Sherdog?

blaming your ego is a good one. Mir always came off as too overly analytical to me. Remember the whole Lesnar fall out?

After almost getting punched to death @ UFC 100 .. Mir cited he wasn't big enough size wise ... so for his next fight at UFC 107 vs Kongo, Mir comes in around 265lbs .. wins quickly which leads him to a fight with Shane Carwin @ UFC 111. Mir block about 4-5 punches with his face, falls down and Carwin finises him with strkes.

post fight Mir claims adding all that weight was a bad move and he can't expect to match these guys (Lesnar/Carwin) in size by putting on all this weight .. and he's better of around 245lbs.

I mean that's great Mir has an explanation for those fights .. and this one with Fedor .. which ended in 39-40 seconds but whatever reason he gives ... at the end of the day it still counts as a loss.

Frank Mir has always done that. He freezes.

Yeah he fought like an idiot. Reminiscent of Werdum v. Stipe.

Saying you lost because of your ego is the definition of owning your loss like a man. He's literally telling people that he fucked up and putting the blame solely on himself.
Ring rust is an excuse though.

The problem with "ego" as an excuse is that it still implies a reaction to an external situation. It isn't quite "owning" the loss. He's really blaming the fact that he got thrown which then triggered his ego. Sure he should retain composure but that wasn't the problem -- his list of issues should start with the mistake of clinching with a judo guy, not his reaction to that...

Ego and ring rust.. got it.

I wasn't even close... I thought he lost because he got his ass kicked

The problem with "ego" as an excuse is that it still implies a reaction to an external situation. It isn't quite "owning" the loss. He's really blaming the fact that he got thrown which then triggered his ego. Sure he should retain composure but that wasn't the problem -- his list of issues should start with the mistake of clinching with a judo guy, not his reaction to that...

No, he admitted not only to being thrown but to reacting poorly to it. Did you watch the fight? He did indeed start brawling wildly and got KTFO. His explanation fits well with what actually happened. It's a good self-critique.

he all but does address this. he says his reaction time (e.g. ring rust) to a downed opponent was off. and that it didn't help that he was thinking about whether knees were illegal or not, but that that shouldn't and wouldn't have mattered if he had been on his game. but he wasn't on his game, and that's on him.

he ended up clinched because he handled the downed opponent so badly.

so he didn't exactly perfectly address exactly what you're gripe is about. but he addressed all aspects around it.

like IngaV, although the average sherdogger lambasted him for this interview (and we all know how we all feel about the "average sherdogger"), i think his explanation fits well with what actually happened.

Back