I love going out and getting drunk

drinking is an amazing pastime, in moderation of course. your liver slows down the fun in your mid thirties though and hangovers become very burdensome, unless you know a couple of pre/post hacks.

Modelo is such a shit tier beer. they spent a few hundred thousand on marketing and now they have all the millennials hooked on it. i drank Modelo Dark when I was in college and couldn't afford Ayinger or Sierra Nevada. it was only slightly better than Old English and St. Ides.

drink local. better recipes, fresher, better craftsmanship.

Last edited:
This thread makes me happy

Even the death-by-liver stuff

you die by liver, you died via having a good time too many times

There are worse ways to die IMO

Right @Clippy

@Clippy gonna die the same way as me, too many good times for one body
I was an immortal too in my early 20s. Survived on breakfast and alcohol for the rest of the day for a week and did a 3 day bender with no water inbetween. Until reality hits you. Hard. Then you're screaming in pain, crawling on the floor.

modelo is such a shit beer. they spent a few hundred thousand on marketing and now they have all the millennials hooked on it. i drank Modelo Dark when I was in college and couldn't afford Ayinger or Sierra Nevada.

For real? Times have changed, if true, and I don't doubt you. Corona used to be the fake Mexican beer...maybe it's fashionable now?

For real? Times have changed, if true, and I don't doubt you. Corona used to be the fake Mexican beer...maybe it's fashionable now?

try a local brown ale or dry hopped lager. same price as Modelo, and x100 times better.

the problem if you are younger is that local craft breweries tend to attract older middle aged customers, and beer nerds, mostly during daytime hours. most late night places just serve AB/Inbev adjunct grain swill like Corona and Budweiser. If you live in a craft beer state or city though, there are usually a few good spots that serve local beer on draft where younger crowds congregate.

Weed, fun like booze, but with zero of the side effects.

try a local brown ale (Model Dark) or dry hopped lager. same price as Modelo, and x100 times better.

the problem if you are younger is that local craft breweries tend to attract older middle aged customers, and beer nerds, mostly during daytime hours. most late night places just serve AB/Inbev adjunct grain swill like Corona and Budweiser. If you live in a craft beer state or city though, there are usually a few good spots that serve local beer on draft where younger crowds congregate.
Yeah, it seems like craft beer has spoiled beer drinkers in the US. Too many options. I never got into all that, so I'm probably missing out. Drinking some Chang and Tsing Tso these days, which cost around a dollar here in Philippines. Pretending to be cultured and worldly...lol.

Such a great,and popular hobby,BUT when your hobby becomes obsession,or business...
What then,bro

And then you sober up and are reminded that alcohol can only fill the void momentarily. Or is that just me.
That's the problem. Don't use it as a crutch to fill voids.

I'm pushing 50 and still do all that stuff, and probably a whole lot more. But when you get older, you have less tolerance for idiots and it's just not that much fun going out sometimes. Much harder on the body, also. But yeah, it's a good time in the right environment, and I remember back when it was the best of times. Unfortunately, these days after a few Changs, it's "nap time." :)

I'm not even 40 and at the bolded point.

Last three times I hit a bar I wanted to fill the room with uppercuts. There's always at least one asshole talking loud like they had something to prove. Or some old dude hitting on the 25 year old bartender. It gets cringey af

Unless they have a pool table it's just not fun.

No I wasn't the old dude.

I don't understand how you guys enjoy the next day. Low energy + headaches are no fun.
I've got plenty of energy and Alka Seltzer is cheap as shit. Plop plop fizz fizz muthafuckaaaaaa...

There is nothing wrong with going out with friends every now and then. I think your priorities will change once you get married and have kids. It may also change once you have a good career that takes up a lot of your time. My drinking slowed down considerably once I got out of the military. Those were my party hard years. I never go out to bars now and only drink on vacations. I'm more focused on my health and working out.

I have to admit, I've been drinking a hell of a lot the last couple years. Like nearly everyday, I go on massive binges, too. In fact, I'm drinking right now.

I enjoy it, but I have come realized I can't hold my alcohol. Got invited to a party a week ago, despite saying I'll lay off the booze (near 5 months), not wanting to be the odd cat that doesn't drink I went in. And being out of it for a long time, it spiraled.

My social circle are pretty much all fighters and recreational grapplers, so we're all naturally very scrapping and its all good, its fun even if it gets kinda cray. Problem was this party.... was not with fighters, and I ended up RNC'ing, blast doubling, and clinch kneeing people. Doubled a dude and thought he'd know how to fall.... dude didn't.

Gotta lay off the alc for good. Kinda realized why the chick a few months back bailed.

Weed, fun like booze, but with zero of the side effects.
I like smoking weed as much as the next guy, but you develop a tolerance so damn fast it loses its luster.

Alcohol always works

Back