I miss when memes werent mainstream

but-i-dont-want-internet-memes.jpg

But back then there were only like 3 kinds of memes: advice animals, lolcats, and demotivational posters (which were almost always incorrectly used).

We should bring back the advice animals though; they’re basically emojis with a background and text lol

I miss back when memes were just that confusing and abstract social philosophical concept mentioned in Metal Gear Solid 2.

Because of how prophetic that game was, I often say it’s got the greatest story in video game history. Even if it does have some fruity characters and dialogue.

That shit was wayyyyy ahead of its time. Talking about fake news, memes,and the overall selective manipulation of information in the digital age.

Memes, gifs , YouTube responses, etc all started here on SD. Yep fuck the rest of the CANS outside sherdog...

Remember when 90% of posters claimed to have been watching since UFC 1? Even though they were like 3 when it happened?

UFC 1? Fucking Semaphore Noob. I was ringside at Helio Gracie vs Waldemar Santana.

Anyone have the Elvis Sinosic and Skimmy "tiny dancer" one? We're going way back for that one.

Anyone else remember when we thought Fedor VS Randy could happen?

Normal people have a tendency to ruin everything.

I'm actually glad Facebook is so big it keeps normal people confined in that hive and out of the jungle.

I think the worst one was when WWE was trying to capitalize on it and it was so asinine.

Back