I need a TV Series recommendation... Something good but off the beaten path v.2

Line of Duty is worth a watch, just finished it recently and I really enjoyed it.

I'm not usually a fan of British drama shows but this is excellent. It's set in the Police anti corruption department and really does get better with every season.

Line of Duty is worth a watch, just finished it recently and I really enjoyed it.

I'm not usually a fan of British drama shows but this is excellent. It's set in the Police anti corruption department and really does get better with every season.

I'm not really into procedurals, although this doesn't look like one of those.

I'll give it a shot, you say it gets better, does that mean it starts off slow?

halt catch fire

Love it, although the last couple of episodes almost sent me spiraling into depression.

That entire show filled me with an overwhelming sense of futility.

Love it, although the last couple of episodes almost sent me spiraling into depression.

That entire show filled me with an overwhelming sense of futility.

One of the very few shows out there that sent me for a loop and ended leaving me wanting more. Those last few episodes hurt.

I absolutely loved every character on that show.

I'm not really into procedurals, although this doesn't look like one of those.

I'll give it a shot, you say it gets better, does that mean it starts off slow?

Nah its not slow at all actually, the seasons are only 6 episodes long so it's set at good pace. The storyline starts to get pretty epic by season 2. A lot of people were telling me to watch it for years and i was putting it off because i thought it wasn't my type of show. Definitely not like any police show Ive seen before.

Nah its not slow at all actually, the seasons are only 6 episodes long so it's set at good pace. The storyline starts to get pretty epic by season 2. A lot of people were telling me to watch it for years and i was putting it off because i thought it wasn't my type of show. Definitely not like any police show Ive seen before.

Thanks, I'll take a look.

I love the UK short format, so little waste of time, no filler.

One of the very few shows out there that sent me for a loop and ended leaving me wanting more. Those last few episodes hurt.

I absolutely loved every character on that show.

Very few shows have moved me as profoundly as Halt and Catch Fire.

While I am certain from a certain perspective it contained a positive message, for me it was numbing.

The moment of Gordon's death killed me. You knew it was coming but it was so beautifully shot and emotionally charged I almost couldn't handle it. This is almost certainly a personal and flawed interpretation but I felt what I believe was his regret, living his last moments in a memory of a time when he was truly happy, at the end of a life that never satisfied his ambitions. I saw myself in that moment and felt the echoes of that sorrow for weeks. In the epilogue of the show we saw all the people in his life drift apart to start new projects (I deliberately avoided saying "adventures") without him, and in the end, Joe abandons his quest to make his mark on the world, and settles for sharing his knowledge and experience with future generations.

While it can be viewed as a positive, mature path, I could not help but think "those who cannot do, teach."

Joe, alone in his office, looking at a picture of Gordon.

Not at all what I would nornally like. But Mike Tyson Mysteries

I’m loving Dark. German with subtitles. Like Stranger Things/Lost/Xfiles kind of thing with a darker vibe.

Strangers starts tomorrow.

Looks very interesting and John Simm is great.

john-simm-strangers-2.jpg

I liked the Rain on netflix. Postapocalyptic and believable. No superhot girl who kills ten men with a hamer or some far fetched shit like that. But it's not in English so I don't know how you feel about that. Sorry if someone recommended it already but I was to lazy to read everything.

I caught half of some random episode of The Resident last night, and it made long for the days of early ER.

I think I may re-watch the first 3-5 seasons of ER with the original cast at some point here. Or maybe St. Elsewhere. There's just no good hospital dramas, and there hasn't been since ER went off the air. House sucked. Grey's Anatomy was marvelous for a season, and then immediately became a soap opera for young women confused about their sexuality.

I need to check out Code Black, I guess.
This im a huge fan of ER. I rebinge it from time to time. And mrs fett is a greys fan and i constantly give her shit that it will never be as good. And that it constantly reuses old storylines from er. Then i go
<JonesDXSuckIt>

Kims convenience on Netflix is hilarious. About a Korean family that runs a convenience store in Toronto.
Turn(amc) on netflix revolutionary war drama about spies

I liked the Rain on netflix. Postapocalyptic and believable. No superhot girl who kills ten men with a hamer or some far fetched shit like that. But it's not in English so I don't know how you feel about that. Sorry if someone recommended it already but I was to lazy to read everything.
I enjoyed this as well. Can’t wait for season 2. I watch subtitles with many shows, you get used to it and even start to understand some words. I also love to look into other cultures. A friend recommended Glitch....may be Australian, I’m gonna ck it out.

I enjoyed this as well. Can’t wait for season 2. I watch subtitles with many shows, you get used to it and even start to understand some words. I also love to look into other cultures. A friend recommended Glitch....may be Australian, I’m gonna ck it out.
I actually quite like the fact that there's only one season. Most of the time series get dragged on too long. This leaves something to the imagination.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back