I need a TV Series recommendation... Something good but off the beaten path v.2

Are any Amazon series good?
91uXEw7YPdL._RI_.jpg

The blacklist
Patriot is a good call. A friend of mine is in it. Plio Barros is played by carlson gracie black belt andre manenco. Awesome guy and a fantastic instructor/competitor

Kims convenience on Netflix is hilarious. About a Korean family that runs a convenience store in Toronto.
Turn(amc) on netflix revolutionary war drama about spies

i saw kim's convenience on stage when it came to NYC a couple years back. tv show was based off of it. the play was good, funny, entertaining. i'm not surprised the tv show is good as well, the father is a good actor and funny. i got to meet him after the play. told me how he gave some guy on the street money after he gave him the sob story of needing money for a bus. hated to tell him that's a normal scam around these parts, and the money is indeed going to be used for a journey, a drug and/or alcohol fueled one.

Chicago PD. Its pretty good. Its trying to take the supposed corruption of the real life Chicago bureaucracy, and supposedly corrupt real life police dept, and make them cool, and heroic.

Something really off the beaten path: Adventure Time

Couple months ago I decided on a whim to watch the first few episodes and now I have binged the whole 10 seasons through.And I still don't know what to make of it.

Surreal. Bizarre. Amusing.

At times it is clearly a kids show but other times it handles some dark and heavy issues.
And sometimes it has real mind benders you wouldn't except from a show that seems to be for kids.

For example they slowly reveal that their world is actually a post-apocalyptic earth where humanity has been extinct since the "mushroom wars".
<{MindBrown}>

Line of Duty is worth a watch, just finished it recently and I really enjoyed it.

I'm not usually a fan of British drama shows but this is excellent. It's set in the Police anti corruption department and really does get better with every season.

This show is awesome.

Thanks again.

The blacklist
Patriot is a good call. A friend of mine is in it. Plio Barros is played by carlson gracie black belt andre manenco. Awesome guy and a fantastic instructor/competitor

I watched the first few seasons of The Blacklist. Loved Spader but wasn't really into the story.

Patriot is brilliant.

Something really off the beaten path: Adventure Time

Couple months ago I decided on a whim to watch the first few episodes and now I have binged the whole 10 seasons through.And I still don't know what to make of it.

Surreal. Bizarre. Amusing.

At times it is clearly a kids show but other times it handles some dark and heavy issues.
And sometimes it has real mind benders you wouldn't except from a show that seems to be for kids.

For example they slowly reveal that their world is actually a post-apocalyptic earth where humanity has been extinct since the "mushroom wars".
<{MindBrown}>

Some friends of mine are really into this show, I even downloaded several seasons for one them but never watched it. I'll take a look.

Strangers starts tomorrow.

Looks very interesting and John Simm is great.

john-simm-strangers-2.jpg
How is this one so far? Was gonna binge it at the end.

A few episodes in to the Dragon Prince. Pretty cool if you like animation. Like the humor too.

I call it Brown Morning Potion

How is this one so far? Was gonna binge it at the end.

A few episodes in to the Dragon Prince. Pretty cool if you like animation. Like the humor too.

I call it Brown Morning Potion

Too early to tell.

Halfway through series four, it's excellent.

Ah yeah it's a quality show. The acting is really good and the storyline is excellent, which made it really easy to watch. I was a bit gutted a few of the characters didn't make it to season 4 but can't complain really. Well looking forward to the next series.

I just caught the first two episodes of this, and it's GREAT.

Seriously, check this show out. Amazing how much they pack into less than a half hour.

Last edited:
Just finished season 1 of Cobra Kai. I really enjoyed it, partly due to the nostalgia.

Half way through Maniac on Netflix and it's really fuckin cool. Digging it.

Next up is Rob Riggle's Ski Master Academy. I'm hoping it's goofy fun like it sounds

Finished watching first season of Lodge 49.

Didnt really think i’d like the series, but i was hooked after the first episode.

I’m glad it’s been renewed for another season, first season ended with some questions that need to be answered.

Back