I need a TV Series recommendation... Something good but off the beaten path v.2

well, I've seen the Expanse and liked it. It's kind of like a political soap opera that happens to be set in space. There are no robots or aliens but without getting too much into spoilers, it gets a bit fantastical at the end of the 1st season and in the 2nd season. Great cast.

as for different kinds of series, I would suggest Misfits and the new Crazyhead.

Misfits is a completed comedy/drama series in which some English youths doing community service for anti-social behaviour get superpowers. One of the stars would go on to play Ramsay Bolton on Game of Thrones.

Crazyhead is by the creator of Misfits. Two female twenty-somethings become demon hunters. Another comedy/drama with a lot of off beat humour.

And of course Orphan Black, which is a bit convoluted for me to get really into. But the lead is great and plays the main character and the various clones of the main character in a underground shadow war that I don't quite follow:

And finally I love two of my favourites Ash vs the Evil Dead and Preacher:

I love all those shows (except Orphan Black which I abandoned in season 2).

Bad news...

Sorry Folks, No Crazyhead Series/Season Two On E4 Or Netflix

landscape-1476873748-crazyhead-episode-2947-102-250516.jpg

just found out from another thread that detectorists is back in for a last season. I didn't know and thought I'd share

If you like crime shows i recommend Gomorrah, top 5 crime shows ever made.
Season 3 just started.

"Hard-hitting, Italian crime drama directed by Matteo Garrone, based on the non-fiction book by Roberto Saviano, who was forced into hiding after the book's publication. The film takes an unglamorous look at the extent to which the city of Naples is controlled by the Camorra mob, a network of families whose influence extends beyond the underground world of organised crime and into the everyday running of the city. Five intertwining stories show the effects of mobster rule on Neapolitan citizens from all walks of life."

Didn't know Norsemen was also in english. They shoot the series a half hour drive from where I live.
great touch dropping voice over, and make the cast also do it in english. Norwegians speaking english is hilarious. NOT the other way around (ahem Godless)

just found out from another thread that detectorists is back in for a last season. I didn't know and thought I'd share

Sweet, caught the first three episodes.

If you like crime shows i recommend Gomorrah, top 5 crime shows ever made.
Season 3 just started.

"Hard-hitting, Italian crime drama directed by Matteo Garrone, based on the non-fiction book by Roberto Saviano, who was forced into hiding after the book's publication. The film takes an unglamorous look at the extent to which the city of Naples is controlled by the Camorra mob, a network of families whose influence extends beyond the underground world of organised crime and into the everyday running of the city. Five intertwining stories show the effects of mobster rule on Neapolitan citizens from all walks of life."

It's awesome.

Gomorrah season three just started.

Anyone have any idea when versions with subtitles will become available?

Did you ever watch Lights Out with Holt Mccallany? Only one season but it was really good.

Gomorrah season three just started.

Anyone have any idea when versions with subtitles will become available?

You can watch episode 1 through 6 with English subtitles already, check the gomorra reddit for links

Dark. up to episode 3. awesome.

I had taken a pass because I don't really care about horror.

I'm getting the feeling it's something more, though.

You can watch episode 1 through 6 with English subtitles already, check the gomorra reddit for links

I'll check it out. I was hoping to get a hardcoded HQ torrent though.

Back