I now know why gsp ducked Anderson, Cruz ducked fw, mm ducked Tj, Conor ducked Edgar

pilgrim4702

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
cause mindless posters here are guaranteed to set up man made axioms (" DERP YOU CANT DUCK SOMEONE NOT IN YOUR WEIGHTCLASS") or make pathetic excuses for their favorite fighter.

The worst has to be bisping ducking contenders back to back and then reading some of the posts here validating the ducking by saying bisping had no choice in the matter, or that bisping has paid his dues and has the right to desecrate the title by being shook. It's cringeworthy, and I'm ashamed of the ducking, but more ashamed of the tools who are excusing it.

Conor did not duck Edgar, Mighty Mouse had a point, GSP and Cruz were fighting in different weight classes then the fighters they supposedly "ducked".

You people need to understand the difference between ducking and asking for more money. Most of these fights could have been made had the UFC compensated these fighters appropriately.

MM didn't want any of TJ. Don't know how you can spin that another way.

MM didn't want any of TJ. Don't know how you can spin that another way.
Nothing to spin--actually I'd saw that it takes spin to call this ducking.

The Champ and Flyweight GOAT didn't want to sign up to fight a guy who had never fought in the weight class.

A guy who is asking for the organization he fights for to show him the respect he has absolutely earned didn't want to help Dana and the UFC turn him into a sideshow.

The only way I can see any merit to the ducking accusation is that he wanted to secure the all-time UFC title defence record before taking a big a risk by fighting a guy from a higher weight class.

Now that he's set the record, if the UFC wants to give him superfight money to make that superfight with TJ I'd be willing to bet he'd do it. The timing and reasoning before just didn't make sense from his perspective.

I mean, would anyone have called it ducking if Anderson Silva had refused to fight the 2nd or 3rd ranked LHW when he was on his epic title defense run, for his title? No way. The only reason DJ is being accused of ducking is because people don't respect him or his achievements the way they did Silva or GSP. I didn't see anyone accusing Aldo of ducking because he didn't fight the top lightweights. I don't remember anyone telling Cruz he had to fight Aldo or else they'd can the bantamweight division.

IMO this was a situation created by the Dana and the UFC hoping to cash in and when MM wouldn't comply they used it as a way to drag his name through the mud.

E

I need the drugs you are on

I'm high on life, bro.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Conor did not duck Edgar, Mighty Mouse had a point, GSP and Cruz were fighting in different weight classes then the fighters they supposedly "ducked".
It is kind of funny when Conor was coming along the UFC did act like Frankie didn't exist.

Man, you guys are rough. If you go back in time you would remember that a higher % of Conor haters wanted him to fight Chad and not Frankie. Chad was seen as the bigger problem at that time.

Of course Conor KO'd Chad so everyone now says Conor ducked Frankie. lol

mm didnt have a point, he hand picked the pettis who was ranked 14 at the time ( not even in the world, 14 in the ufc only) , he later accepted borg , but refused tj because of the weight issue (tj never missed weight , borg missed multiple times before)

Some Shertards, like TS, think the only reason fighters duck is because they are scared.

Ever heard of return on investment or risk management ???

Bisping wants to cash in as he is approaching the tail-end of his career. Yes, we all know he would get destroyed by Gay Jesus or Bobby.

Remember those Belfort & Henderson KOs. I guarantee most fighters would chase the money fights until the end of their career after suffering these.

If you were getting bashed in the head for a living or had some basic business knowledge, you would understand. Yes, as fans, it is frustrating. But let's not forget it is also the UFC that created that monster by making their rankings meaningless and make fighters fight for peanuts.

As champion they're only really required to fight the top contenders in your weight class(not even that nowadays). With MM it's a bit different because TJ was willing to drop to 125, and in my opinion his record at 135 credentiates him more to fight for the title than Borg. Even then, it's not really a big deal in a world where the #13 guy fought for the middleweight title at 46 years old because of a "revenge" storyline

Fighting for the title at a higher division is not ducking.

Conor: I have no problem making 145
Kavanagh: Conor can never make 145 again!
*fights Nate at 170 twice and then gets a shot at the 155 belt*

How convenient that he just happened to never fight Frankie.... o_O

Back