"I promise to hurt guys (this time), and finish fights." - GSP

I love GSP but he's said this a lot to build fights....like um every fight he's been in.

I love GSP. I think he is incredibly talented. I think his systematic dismantling of opponents is something impressive. He is a well rounded martial artist.
However, I think his days of hurting people are over.
He also said the same thing before he fought nick Diaz

87f52da3ffb0a6d415a4f0e5df166f63.620x372x1.png

“I’ve trained a lot of things,” St-Pierre said. “I’m gonna be more there to hurt guys and to go for the finish. To submit, to break. To go for the break. To go for the knockout or go for the break if i have a submission. Until he taps. I’m gonna be more opportunistic.”

St-Pierre, 36, acknowledged that toward the end of his reign asUFC 170-pound champion, he was not necessarily going for finishes all the time. “Rush” said he was “overthinking a little bit too much” and focusing on just doing what he was doing to win rather than trying to get a stoppage.

“If he doesn’t open up, you keep doing what you do well to win the fight,” St-Pierre. “You’re winning, so you don’t necessarily change.”

No longer, GSP said. When he comes back to the UFC, he said he plans on going for the finish, especially in fights in which he senses his opponent has broken. That will be different from the past, he said.

“They were accepting the defeat,” St-Pierre said of previous opponents. “They knew they were going to lose before the end of the fight. They were fighting to not get beat up too much instead of fighting to win.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/8/...fc-return-im-gonna-be-more-there-to-hurt-guys

Dear GSP,

Yeah there was a fight where ye said don't blink and it still went to decision.

He said the same thing before he retired. Don't blink. Bisping is gonna smash him and then he is gonna retire again. One just don't gain killer instinct. You either have it or you don't. Look at Jones. Hurts Cormier and goes balls to the wall to put him out. He has killer instinct.
Eh..agree and disagree. GSP used to finish pretty regularly. He may or may not have lost that instinct after the first Serra fight, but then again, he brutalized Serra the second time. Who knows? I hope he's successful, but I wish he'd go back to WW instead.

big GSP fan here...but we all know he wont finish jack shit

We don't need to see you anything different GSP. You dominate everywhere, keep doing your thing to these beta bitches.

He said the same thing before he retired. Don't blink. Bisping is gonna smash him and then he is gonna retire again. One just don't gain killer instinct. You either have it or you don't. Look at Jones. Hurts Cormier and goes balls to the wall to put him out. He has killer instinct.

Get ready to watch a long 5 round fight with GSP dominating Bisping in every round for the unanimous decision in usual GSP fashion.

You_Sit_On_A_Throne_Of_Lies.jpg

8306455b52c6d959a9489150d13310c7.jpg

34b4949b304a69cfbd862a7dcaa163a41b9bebf897db7d00184b7dbcf02746ae.jpg

a0516878293217fcd0d3862097e26645--but-thats-none-of-my-business-kermit-fake-love.jpg

It's possible Georges trips and falls and stops Bisping. It could happen.

courage-wolf-why-are-you-selling-wolf-tickets.jpg

You_Sit_On_A_Throne_Of_Lies.jpg

8306455b52c6d959a9489150d13310c7.jpg

34b4949b304a69cfbd862a7dcaa163a41b9bebf897db7d00184b7dbcf02746ae.jpg

a0516878293217fcd0d3862097e26645--but-thats-none-of-my-business-kermit-fake-love.jpg

It's possible Georges trips and falls and stops Bisping. It could happen.

courage-wolf-why-are-you-selling-wolf-tickets.jpg

Meh I'm at the point where I don't even pay attention to it anymore. Georges' fights have become pretty predictable, he's a busier version of Woodley. Still a great fighter and the GOAT at WW, but he's not my cup of tea.

I heard that before many of his prom night fights

I love GSP but come on man ... i'd love to see him go full Trigg/Hieron on Bisping.

WAR Godamn Sleeping Pill, I'm marking out for any old school fighter, WAR GSP!!!!!

Not interested.. He had his time. Great champ and all that but im fine. Not paying for that

Some guys just want to win and not hurt their opponents any more then they have to. This can be changed, sorry folks, but yes it can be. I've seen guys even in bjj change, once they get that switch changed. Its so awesome to see the game open up and psychological change in the practitioner.

Back