I put a Rockstar REVOLT Killer Grape! energy drink in the FREEZER - how much time do I have

I actually wasn't trolling. If you're unsure of the time it takes to freeze and don't want a boom. Open it and take it out before it explodes.

Soda cans explode from the carbonation separating from the liquid, not from the expanding liquid. If your worried about the expanded liquid A) drink a little or B) Take it out. Seeping up is not as big of a problem as an explosion.

Actually they explode from the expanding liquid. Non carbonated drinks will explode too. If the can is opened, it won't spray all over because the contents freeze more slowly. As the outside of the contents start to freeze, they start to expand which increases the pressure in the can which, in turn, decreases the freezing temperature causing the interior contents to freeze more slowly. The pressure builds to the point that the container fails. The gases spray out, the pressure drops and the super cooled liquid freezes instantly expanding further adding to the pressure and increasing the volume and the rupture of the can.

Plastic bottles can stretch more so they don't fail like cans do. You can freeze carbonated drinks in plastic bottles and thaw them, and they don't lose their carbonation. The CO2 dissolves back into the liquid.

Actually they explode from the expanding liquid. Non carbonated drinks will explode too. If the can is opened, it won't spray all over because the contents freeze more slowly. As the outside of the contents start to freeze, they start to expand which increases the pressure in the can which, in turn, decreases the freezing temperature causing the interior contents to freeze more slowly. The pressure builds to the point that the container fails. The gases spray out, the pressure drops and the super cooled liquid freezes instantly expanding further adding to the pressure and increasing the volume and the rupture of the can.

Plastic bottles can stretch more so they don't fail like cans do. You can freeze carbonated drinks in plastic bottles and thaw them, and they don't lose their carbonation. The CO2 dissolves back into the liquid.

You can guarantee me I won't lose and taste and flavour?

Oh shit that guy was trollin me
No he is correct. Partially.

While the expanding liquid can eventually explode the can the gas escaping should force it first. That said you were also correct as the gas cannot escape the closed can and can only fill as much as the head room in the can allows before freezing.

So if you do not open it it is likely the liquid will freeze and trap much of the gas before enough escapes to explode the can. thus why you almost always have some (but no where near all) of the carbonation if you drink it after thawing.

if you open the can pretty much all the gas will escape as it freezes and the liquid will do the slow bubble over the top and all over like a slow creep lava explosion.

Anyway the better question Clippy is why are you drinking such crap. Honestly what you eat and drink and report about here scares me. It sounds like you have the diet of a prepubescent 13 year old boy.

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

200.gif

Anyway the better question Clippy is why are you drinking such crap. Honestly what you eat and drink and report about here scares me. It sounds like you have the diet of a prepubescent 13 year old boy.

I'm just having a cheat year, no worries

No he is correct. Partially.

While the expanding liquid can eventually explode the can the gas escaping should force it first. That said you were also correct as the gas cannot escape the closed can and can only fill as much as the head room in the can allows before freezing.

So if you do not open it it is likely the liquid will freeze and trap much of the gas before enough escapes to explode the can. thus why you almost always have some (but no where near all) of the carbonation if you drink it after thawing.

if you open the can pretty much all the gas will escape as it freezes and the liquid will do the slow bubble over the top and all over like a slow creep lava explosion.

Perfect comprimise:

What if I open the can, give it some breathing room by covering the top with a ziplock bag and then securing it to the rest of the can with a rubber band?

I think this is the ultimate solution and will hopefully not cause any noticeable loss of taste and energy boosting potential

Perfect comprimise:

What if I open the can, give it some breathing room by covering the top with a ziplock bag and then securing it to the rest of the can with a rubber band?

I think this is the ultimate solution and will hopefully not cause any noticeable loss of taste and energy boosting potential
if you give the headroom necessary the gas will all escape to fill it. You will save the mess as it flows into the bag but you won't have any gas in it.

if you give the headroom necessary the gas will all escape to fill it. You will save the mess as it flows into the bag but you won't have any gas in it.

Shit

Come on guys, let's think tank this shit

Where's Bill Nye The Science guy?

put some alcohol in it, it'll take longer to freeze, and you'll enjoy it more

put some alcohol in it, it'll take longer to freeze, and you'll enjoy it more

I heard that when you buy energy drink liquor drinks at the liquor store you're only buying the taste of Rockstar/Monster etc but not the energy cause it's illegal to have it mixed? You you have to make your own

I heard that when you buy energy drink liquor drinks at the liquor store you're only buying the taste of Rockstar/Monster etc but not the energy cause it's illegal to have it mixed? You you have to make your own
I know it's illegal for them to sell it as a mixed drink in bars, I don't know about the pre-mixed stuff sold

yes opening it, adding liquor and sealing it tight with little to no head room for the gas to expand to would be the best way to cool it and preserve as much gas as possible. the liquor will allow it to get cold but keep it from freezing.

your gonna die..........................

oops, sorry,wrong thread.

If it's an unopened can than the top and bottom will be puffed out the next day. If it's an open can than it will flow over, spill out and then freeze. That's the best way I can explain it.

Back