I remember when I thought Carlos Condit...

...was as good as they come. Cream of the crop. I legit thought he would give Woodley big problems.

Lol, I can only admit now that I was the idiot. :(

Looks like I overestimated the guy after his fights with Rory and Hendricks, where he gave me the impression of being tough as nails and highly skilled. WHO woulda thunk!
When was this? Woodley hasn't been champ that long...

I think getting shafted on what should have been a belt winning decision over Lawler in early 2016 really affected Condit mentally. I think the grind and damage as an older fighter no longer seemed worth the sacrifice. He went into his next fight vs. Maia very flat and lost that fight quickly. Condit has lost ALL 3 fights since the Lawler decision. When you are fighting the best in the world, you really need to believe (highly confident in yourself and outcome). Condit isn't all there mentally and as an older fighter who is also fighting against Father Time this is a tough place...I think Condit should exit rather than stick around for a few extra paychecks.
Pretty much spot on and I'm call8ng it now- Carlos won't fight in octagon again. When Oliveira took fight on short notice and Vegas OPENED him up a -240 favorite, I was a bit taken back.I saw the proverbial writing on wall (knew Condit was going to lose- Vegas doesn't give out gifties).
....and I thought he bested Robbie that night .
I'm sure he has a job for as long as he wants under jacksons

As has been said earlier its definitely a combination of an improvement in the sport, his longevity and his will. He will still do well in and around the top 10 but doubtful he makes another run at the belt

Condit mentally checked out of the game after the Lawler decision.

This. Guys was a heckuva warrior and came as close as any to taking out GSP. Lawler decision was a robbery imo and I like Robbie. Great career

I always thought that his stand up looks funny and I never understood why all these people saw him as some kind of killer...

Condit was like bisping for me. Good fighter but was never going to be great. Once he got robbed from the lawler fight he was probably done as he knew that was his last shot.

He has nothing to fall back on so has to fight for the money.

It's not like it was a one sided fight. It looked like he had weathered Olivera's strong start, until that upkick to the face crumpled him. He's still contender worthy, I'd hate to see him retire.

Dude is an absolute warrior.....unless he’s fighting a Diaz. Then he’s just a back peddling, fight avoiding scrub like the rest of them. I lost so much respect after that fight, even though we were left with one of the most beautiful combos ever.

I'd still like to see them put the Brown fight back together. One last payday and it's a good fight for both of those guys for where they're at in their careers, plus could be a hell of a war for the fans. But Carlos is clearly phoning it in at this point and he's at the end of a long and brutal career, so whatever he does now I just hope he does it on his own terms.

I never saw him as someone who would dominate the division, given how prone he is to surrendering takedowns and dominant position, but he was a phenomenal fighter who finished a ton of great competitors. Let's just leave it at that.

inb4 someone says "he is just out of his prime"

I know what you mean... I saw Nolan Ryan in Houston the other day trying to throw the ball. The guy could barely get it over the plate and here I thought, "how is this fucking guy baseball "HOF" material???" What a joke!

Sherdoggers can be fucking retarded at times....

I know what you mean... I saw Nolan Ryan in Houston the other day trying to throw the ball. The guy could barely get it over the plate and here I thought, "how is this fucking guy baseball "HOF" material???" What a joke!

Sherdoggers can be fucking retarded at times....
yes especially those who never trained a day in there life to know how this game works it baffles me how people can care for a sport enough to comment about it here yet dont know a single technique in the sport lol

He has put a lot of fight mileage on that body and I guess it has taken its toll. Still a very good fighter though.

He is as good as they come. But he’s got too many miles on his body. And I don’t believe his heart is in it anymore.

Exactly. He went toe to toe with Lawler in an absolute war that I personally think he won. He’s had some bad injuries, time off, other endeavors etc. He’s a veteran with impressive wins but he’s clearly past his prime. No reason to shit on him or his accomplishments.

Back