I remember when people said there was no way that Conor beats Nate in a decision

Nate can box. .but has shit for takedowns. Chad took him down 3x in 1st, and had him down most of the 2nd until he went for ghe stupid guillotine. Khabib has effective striking and is pretty damn good at not getting hit. He turn his shoulders and uses them to block often and generally has his hands up. Sure conor can get the punch, but odds are conor will be taken down. Khabib hasnt even been rocked before. And conor doenst have 1 punch ko power really. I like watching conor fight. Iike watching khabib fight.. In this fight i think i will be watching khabib fight and conor not have any answers.

Nate didn't NEED the takedown because he can box. Chad is a WRESTLER. Khabib isn't the same type of grappler at all. He mostly works from the clinch, and Chad got Conor with doubles and singles, and didn't have an easy time keeping him down. Mendes is a MUCH better WRESTLER than Khabib. Let's not pretend that he'll be trying for the same type of takedowns that Mendes landed.

Khabib can't box. You'll see just how lacking his boxing is when they fight. If Khabib beats Conor, stand up will have zero to do with it.

A majority decision just means that one judge ruled it a draw instead of for the other fighter. It's only a one point difference.
Both a split decision and majority decision are one point away from being ruled a draw. That makes it a close fight.
And majority decision is also 1 point away from unanimous decision. Which is not a close fight. The issue was it's a more decisive win than a split decision...and that is true.

I remember

And now the way he won (said to be impossible) is used against him "He only won a majority decision pshhhh"

Lol, I have seen more people say it was a split decision, though. <36>

And majority decision is also 1 point away from unanimous decision. Which is not a close fight. The issue was it's a more decisive win than a split decision...and that is true.

Yeah, no judge scored it for Diaz.

"If it goes 5 rounds its over"
"Theres just no way"
"Conor needs it done in 2"

Now we have people saying the same about Khabib.

Connor should've lost the decision, the boy got taken down in the 5th , looked gassed and was getting ground and pound.

Is there proof of the staph or of the knee injury in the Mendez fight that seems to be accepted without question?

Nate isn't that big, he fought 95% of his career at LW and was ragdolled against true welterweights and look at all the size advantages he's enjoyed in his career that he even brags about. He had almost 20 lbs on Floyd plus height and reach but you never mention that.

I would say the same about you as far as being objective and rational go and actually enjoyed the few posts not involving Conor I've seen from you too. I even like reading your essays on how amazing Conor is even when he's only doing things we've seen several others do as well but you really can't claim to be objective or rational when it comes to him because you're not.

I don't even really dislike him. He fights in my favorite style. I just hate what he represents and all the brain dead parrots he's brought to the sport that have no respect for the history and care more about the drama than the fighting and technique.

Just look at the comment on the Paulie twitter thing. "You got your ass kicked by Cotto who Mayweather beat easily. Conor almost knocked out Mayweather with an uppercut (lol). He's better than Cotto and would Knock you out in a round"
Seriously?? If you can't see the level of stupidity and ignorance in that comment which is all to common from these so called "fans" I don't even know what to say.

End of rant, lol

There is proof of his knee injury

Conor proved us wrong. It's what it's all about. Just appreciate it.

i'm pretty sure everyone actually saying the ONLY way Conor beats Nate is by decision.

He better work on it. Last camp he had 4 months to train. This one is only 2 months.

What I meant was over the last couple of fights it looks as if he has been working on his cardio. Conor should be the one working on cardio.

i remember when nate KTFO CONNOR

conor-caught-by-diaz.gif

Nate didn't NEED the takedown because he can box. Chad is a WRESTLER. Khabib isn't the same type of grappler at all. He mostly works from the clinch, and Chad got Conor with doubles and singles, and didn't have an easy time keeping him down. Mendes is a MUCH better WRESTLER than Khabib. Let's not pretend that he'll be trying for the same type of takedowns that Mendes landed.

Khabib can't box. You'll see just how lacking his boxing is when they fight. If Khabib beats Conor, stand up will have zero to do with it.
I dont expect khabib to beat conor w stand up. Mendez is a better usa wresler yes, but khabib is leaps and bounds over chad in grappling. Chad has shit from top. Nate has shit for takedowns. The reason he boxed.. Being a bjj guy, is because like most other bjj guys he has shit for takedowns. Khabib since joining aka, has learned us wrestling as well as the plethera of other techniques he alreadys had. Chad is not a better wrestler over all in any way. Khabib took down al w single and a double. He wrestles w dc, rockhold, cain... Daily and u think he has no takedowns. On top of the mass judo,/sambo tds he already masterd, he does now have us wrestling styles as well. Watch his fights.. He has evolved in a big way since joining aka. He used to always use certain sambo styles, as of late he has definately used american wrestling in tds and on wrist rides etc. I guarantee khabib has far more tds, as well as the ability to keep people down than chad ever has or ever will. Even so, chad.. Hit conor pleanty, and busted him open. With his 8 inch disadvantage in reach. Had he not went for the stupid ass guillotine he would have finished that round on top. Sure he may have gassed soon after, or maybe even was gassed when he decided to go for the guillotine. Conot doesnt have awesome tdd as u should know, his major problem vs khabib is that khabib is the best in the world at keeping people down and causing them to wilt benieth his constant pressure.

I dont expect khabib to beat conor w stand up. Mendez is a better usa wresler yes, but khabib is leaps and bounds over chad in grappling. Chad has shit from top. Nate has shit for takedowns. The reason he boxed.. Being a bjj guy, is because like most other bjj guys he has shit for takedowns. Khabib since joining aka, has learned us wrestling as well as the plethera of other techniques he alreadys had. Chad is not a better wrestler over all in any way. Khabib took down al w single and a double. He wrestles w dc, rockhold, cain... Daily and u think he has no takedowns. On top of the mass judo,/sambo tds he already masterd, he does now have us wrestling styles as well. Watch his fights.. He has evolved in a big way since joining aka. He used to always use certain sambo styles, as of late he has definately used american wrestling in tds and on wrist rides etc. I guarantee khabib has far more tds, as well as the ability to keep people down than chad ever has or ever will. Even so, chad.. Hit conor pleanty, and busted him open. With his 8 inch disadvantage in reach. Had he not went for the stupid ass guillotine he would have finished that round on top. Sure he may have gassed soon after, or maybe even was gassed when he decided to go for the guillotine. Conot doesnt have awesome tdd as u should know, his major problem vs khabib is that khabib is the best in the world at keeping people down and causing them to wilt benieth his constant pressure.

Mendes is a MUCH better striker than Khabib. He's also a MUCH better wrestler with MUCH better wrestling style takedowns. Is Khabib bigger, stronger, and way better at keeping people down? Yes. Khabib got Iaquinta down, this is true, but he got stuffed quite a bit too. Conor has better tdd than people realise because he controls the distance and has excellent footwork. His timing and accuracy are on another level.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...this fight won't be close. Khabib gets Conor down early and mauls him, or Conor faceplants Khabib early. I don't see this being competitive one way or the other

"If it goes 5 rounds its over"
"Theres just no way"
"Conor needs it done in 2"

Now we have people saying the same about Khabib.
2 different fighters.
Conor run from Nate on last 2 rounds because Nate does not trap and plods slowly forward.
Khabib does the opposite. Conor runs, Khabib would run as well.

Mendes is a MUCH better striker than Khabib. He's also a MUCH better wrestler with MUCH better wrestling style takedowns. Is Khabib bigger, stronger, and way better at keeping people down? Yes. Khabib got Iaquinta down, this is true, but he got stuffed quite a bit too. Conor has better tdd than people realise because he controls the distance and has excellent footwork. His timing and accuracy are on another level.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...this fight won't be close. Khabib gets Conor down early and mauls him, or Conor faceplants Khabib early. I don't see this being competitive one way or the other
The thing is: Conor is great... while he is fresh. But he gets sloppy when tired.

if Conor can't KO Khabib on first (or second) rounds, he will probably not be much of a threat after that.

The thing is: Conor is great... while he is fresh. But he gets sloppy when tired.

if Conor can't KO Khabib on first (or second) round, he will probably not be much of a threat after that.

I concur. That's why I said I only see it going 1 of 2 ways...note the descriptive term "early" in my analysis. The early moments of the fight basically determine the course of the rest of the fight...unless Conor worked really hard on his cardio during his down time.

I concur. That's why I said I only see it going 1 of 2 ways...note the descriptive term "early" in my analysis. The early moments of the fight basically determine the course of the rest of the fight...unless Conor worked really hard on his cardio during his down time.
He should, but I don't know how much it will help.
Khabib is used going all 5 rounds non-stop. Plus he's been active.
Conor was just on a 2 year vacation where he learned boxing for a year then party for another year...

BTW: Apologies if it seemed I was disagreeing with your post. I quite agreed with it and was just reinforcing it (should have made it clear) :)

Yeah it was awesome to see him shut down all the haters, getting that close majority decision against the LW goat Nate Diaz

Back