'I shot a whole family of baboons'

Wait, you realize what a straw man is right? Judging by your use of the term you clearly don’t. This is hilarious.

You spent an entire page telling me I was anti abortion because you can’t comprehend posts haha

Let's just hit some highpoints of your awful, trollish argument thus far:

So your cool with beheadings in the Middle East because... legal?

Guess what else is legal? Abortion. I’m sure you are just fine with that too?

Nobody said anything about abortion. Just you. It was so that you could allude to the fact that is was wrong, but then drop the whole "I'm a nihilist" line in there and then change course and claim that they're projecting their opinions on to you, when people are just addressing what you're saying. This is a huge part of your schtick.

Aren’t all gods creations?

I would say what you are doing is making up excuses so you can sleep well at night knowing you killed an animal. I’m a nihilist so I don’t inherently care about any life but to shoot a family of baboons? That’s pretty unnecessary and stupid

Also to say animals acts are involuntary shows your understanding on the matter

But you're totally a nihiliist man. Except for when you aren't. Life and Morality aren't concerns for nihlists, but you seem to care a lot about the lives of this family of baboons you never met.

lol you are wrong I think in every point you are trying to make.

1. Clearly I meant, aren't we all gods creations? (I know we aren't but you think we are) how can you reconcile killing gods creations for no reason really? Would Jesus approve of this?

2. As a nihilist I see no intrinsic value in any life. Humans have no more value than baboons. I know you don't like this but it's true. With that being said, I don't really care as the baboons lives hold no value really in the context of the universe yet it's still a stupid move by the parameters set up by society as a family bond was likely broken.

3. Animals and humans alike act on what you call, "automatic instinct". Humans have evolved a conscience and have higher levels of thinking and retaining information but it doesn't mean much in the terms we are discussing. The idea that animals cannot ascertain and build knowledge is utter nonsense.

I mean, absurd contradiction number 3. Life has no intrinsic value and humans have no more value than baboons. Except for these specific baboons, whose lives you deeply cared about for some reason.

Misrepresenting my stance because it fits your sherdog post? Humans have set morals which work best with society. I too prescribe to those morals. Our morals would change if we were starving or thirsty. I would then subscribe to those morals. Morals are not objective and they certainly aren’t givin by a fake ass god

I don't think you know what Nihlisim even is. One of the major tenets of nihlism is that nothing has any moral value. Nothing is any less right or wrong than anything else. So to sit here and say 'Nihlism is about having a set of standards that works best in society" indicates that you have no idea what it actually is and think it's just something that sounded cool and say it for attention, or you just really like "The Big Lebowski".

Baboons are cunts though. Its like their just related enough to us to share the cunt genes but are still mostly wild animals.

The picture of him and the leopard made me sad though
d93f1d96e4d21a85747f3c1c94096ca720e2f704

I’m sure these guys feel differently.

Yes, what does that have to do with hunting?

He says he believes in objective moral values and he is a christian and then he is standing up for being okay with killing a family of baboons for fun. I want him to explain to me how that is objectively moral and how he reconciles it with his religious beliefs. I believe maybe he is just playing devil's advocate as he later alluded but I want him to confirm that he is or isn't okay with what the guy is doing.

He says he believes in objective moral values and he is a christian and then he is standing up for being okay with killing a family of baboons for fun. I want him to explain to me how that is objectively moral and how he reconciles it with his religious beliefs. I believe maybe he is just playing devil's advocate as he later alluded but I want him to confirm that he is or isn't okay with what the guy is doing.

So your view is that hunting is immoral and anyone who engages in hunting is somehow an immoral person and therefore has to justify that to you, along with the justification of thier own personal beliefs?

“things die anyways, so i might as well do exactly as i want”
the worst argument, thought out to zero steps ahead of the first thought that went through your head.
Oh, God damn it, you were right! Now, I have been enlightened! While typing this I accidentally squished an ant with my chair leg, realized that I now have carte blanche on the animal kingdom, and am going to machete all the dogs in the neighbourhood as soon as i’m done this message!
Thanks for the help!

No. You killed something recklessly. Just admit you're a reckless murderer.

Why are you outraged at the killing of a baboon but not outraged at the mass slaughter of animals that live in wheat or corn fields?

I wish I was so tough that I could shoot a gun at an animal who did nothing to me, just to satisfy my micropenis disorder so I could finally after many, many years feel like a real man.

No. You killed something recklessly. Just admit you're a reckless murderer.

Why are you outraged at the killing of a baboon but not outraged at the mass slaughter of animals that live in wheat or corn fields?
people have to eat something. they should eat that which causes the least damage.
people do not have to shoot baboons for the sake of shooting baboons.
one is done in order to live, one is not.
if i shoot you because you are about to kill me, it isnt the same as shooting you just cuz i want to brag about it, or the middle ground wherein i shoot you because i find you intolerably stupid.

@zebby23 triggering the conservatives into tears in this thread.

Last edited:
If I had a kid and he came home and said he hunted a rabbit, caught a fish, etc., I'd be proud of him. If he came home and told me he just shot a bunch of birds because he could, I'd take him to see a therapist. I look at adults in the same way.

You're literally clueless . . . it's a choice to feed one's family on wild game. A choice that many make because it's their only option. Enjoying it or believing it's fun is part of any activity.

I'm literally not clueless on the subject. Most people hunt because they enjoy hunting, not because they need the meet or want wild game.

The fact that they eat what they kill doesn't mean that they're hunting out of necessity. In fact avid hunters spend hundreds a year in ammo, target practice, and gear on top of licenses.

Back