'I shot a whole family of baboons'

You've got to be a special kind of cunt to nail a fucking giraffe.

Where did I say they were doing it to save money? It's a choice to harvest your own meat . . . because you know where it comes from and what is done with it afterwards. Many of us actually process it ourselves.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make . . . you're using how much someone spends on hunting to support your stance that "nobody has to supplement feeding their family by hunting"? Is that still it?

I started in this this thread by simply stating that all hunting is done for fun and that no one is hunting out of necessity.

Was your reply to my post not suggesting that people are supplementing their meet supply by hunting to save money (ie. necessity)? If not I have no idea why you replied in the first place.

If you want to move the goalpost to something that I didn't say then by all means go ahead, but I'm not making whatever argument you're trying to put in my posts.

I started in this this thread by simply stating that all hunting is done for fun and that no one is hunting out of necessity.

And I replied to say you're wrong . . . .

Was your reply to my post not suggesting that people are supplementing their meet supply by hunting to save money (ie. necessity)? If not I have no idea why you replied in the first place.

Nope. Not everyone spends hundreds of dollars to hunt for fun or necessity. They choose to spend money on hunting wild game rather than store-bought meat.

I can shoot a deer on family land and all it would cost me is my time, the one-time purchase of a stand or blind . . . I have a lifetime hunting license so that cost is already covered . . . and if I choose to have a local processor cut it up for me he'll charge about $65. For clean, lean meat.

If you want to move the goalpost to something that I didn't say then by all means go ahead, but I'm not making whatever argument you're trying to put in my posts.

Whatever dude . . . I'm not moving any goalposts at all.

Not sure what the problem is. Its not like he illegally hunted in Idaho, he was hunting in Africa legally. Why should I be mad? Baboons are assholes anyways.
Btw. Went to SA a couple of years back. Top 5 countries visited.

you claim that this is "natural." is there any evidence that hunter gatherers kill things just to kill them? on the contrary, there are long-standing religious practices (thousands of years old) in some cultures that claim you shouldnt kill things EVEN TO EAT THEM....much less killing them just to watch them die.

Even the worst of men usually love their children.

As well, it is not very reasonable to say "they revered the butterflies" while taking delight in killing and skinning a rival tribe.

To have a god of love and prosperity on one hand, and a god of blood sacrifice on the other, to whom in early times the greatest sacrifice was of human blood.

Some early people's could be "better." And what did better usually mean? Anything like peace and harmony we would love to see and romanticize?

Certainly, if you take a tribe or people out of State of Nature, remove human foes, and give them a pleasant land, they will subjugate themselves in a shame-honor culture that likely follows a belligerent alpha/patriarchy, or in very rare instances a nasty and fascinating shame-honor culture based on matriarchy.

There is something too in human nature about hurting and killing, about wounding and murder... it is fun if it is against your enemy, or in primitive times, against those with whom you disagree... fun on film, fun in games, fun in the martial exercises of knights, of past times, of taking the glory in war, though some people's did try to do better over time.

Primitive man - here is a choice for you...

- Do you revel in killing and torturing your enemies? In taking their things and humiliating them? (You can see on Vox and Brietbart in a more evolved matter)

- You do not? Then will you stand up for that or grovel to your leaders?

How do you rebel against that? How do you say it is wrong? How do have a wisdom to push back against the murderous cycle of the primitive, against the subjugation of shame, against slavery?

You probably do not consider it much early man, because if you do, there is probably a nearby group that is very, very interested in doing these things to you, and the strong men among them tend to become the most cruel.

They become good at killing, wounding, torturing, in the way that say, Aztecs enjoyed torturing children before the blood sacrifice because they felt their screams were more precious to their blood gods.

To change meant something powerful had to give people the, ideas, to change things. As Human Nature, as nature itself, has been bent towards struggle and violence, then controlled and institutionalized violence, often frighteningly so until forces of philosophy started to rework the world and what was important in the world... then in the 19th century the ideas of class struggle and the overman exploded into new 20th century depredations of the same old murder. Of a Stanlist executioner who might personally, in inhuman fashion put a bullet to hundreds of people in a night with no thought.

That monster is in us, whether we're the monster who pulls the trigger, the monster who wishes he could, the monster who thinks "good for him," the monster who hides from it out of fear and gives up someone else for the gunshot, or the monster who shrugs his shoulders and says "lucky it wasn't me." and goes back to doing the ugly things he can get away with in a corrupt society.

A few bad choices in society, then government, and we're right back to that raw, shiftless, murderous compulsion of man against man. When it comes to our nature and our enlightenment, I hope the enlightenment wins.

If you’ve driven in a car, you’ve committed mass genocide against bugs. If you’ve eaten corn or wheat products, you’ve contributed to the mass slaughter of rabbits, field mice, ground nesting birds, insects, deer fawn, lizards and snakes. If you live in a city, you can do so because humans have thinned out the wild animal population to where humans can inhabit that area. Spare me the righteous indignation. Humans are the Supreme species on earth, every other organism lives at our pleasure.
There is a middle ground. Its not either "kill everything you want, cause well, we do everyday!" OR..."kill nothing EVER" its not an either or proposition. And yes it was legal there. But go kill a stray dog in front of a cop and let me know how that goes. Just tell him "hey bro. My right! we kll every day something or another. Who gives a fuck about this dog?" Better yet kill a cops dog and let me know how that goes for you.

What an utter piece of shit. Why did he have to kill that magnificent cat? Redneck fucktard.

you claim that this is "natural." is there any evidence that hunter gatherers kill things just to kill them? on the contrary, there are long-standing religious practices (thousands of years old) in some cultures that claim you shouldnt kill things EVEN TO EAT THEM....much less killing them just to watch them die.

Jesus Fucking Christ. I'm finally on the same side as Jonny Ringo.

This thread is full of people who don’t know that baboons are basically the African equivalent to feral hogs in this country. Nobody bats an eye when an entire sounder of pigs is shot but lord help us if it’s some shit faced ape

This thread is full of people who don’t know that baboons are basically the African equivalent to feral hogs in this country. Nobody bats an eye when an entire sounder of pigs is shot but lord help us if it’s some shit faced ape
Same thing with them feeding their fat fucking faces with big Macs all day not giving a shit about the thousands of cows slaughtered every day for them. But oh no, we go big game hunting in Africa, sanctioned by their own people and government over there and to quote joker, they lose their miiiinds!

Do you think Jesus would have been a sport hunter?

He is the good fisherman.

He clearly had no problem with humans harvesting, and consuming animals.

Matthew 14:13-21 New International Version (NIV)

13 When Jesus heard what had happened, he withdrew by boat privately to a solitary place. Hearing of this, the crowds followed him on foot from the towns. 14 When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, he had compassion on them and healed the sick.

15 As evening approached, the disciples came to him and said, “This is a remote place, and it’s already getting late. Send the crowds away, so they can go to the villages and buy themselves some food.”

16 Jesus replied, “They do not need to go away. You give them something to eat.”

17 “We have here only five loaves of bread and two fish,” they answered.

18 “Bring them here to me,” he said.19 And he directed the people to sit down on the grass. Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then he gave them to the disciples, and the disciples gave them to the people. 20 They all ate and were satisfied, and the disciples picked up twelve basketfuls of broken pieces that were left over. 21 The number of those who ate was about five thousand men, besides women and children

Also, Jesus had no issue with using animals as beasts of burder:

Mark 11
And when they draw-near to Jerusalem— to Bethphage and Bethany, near the Mount of Olives— He sends-forth two of His disciples, 2 and says to them, “Go to the village before you. And immediately while proceeding into it, you will find a colt having been tied, on which none of mankindyet sat. Untie it, and be bringing it. 3 And if someone says to you, ‘Why are you doing this?’, say, ‘The Lord has need of it, and immediately He sends it back here’”. 4 And they went and found a colt having been tied at a door, outside on the street. And they untie it. 5 And some of the ones standing there were saying to them, “What are you doing untying the colt?” 6 But the ones spoke to them just as Jesus spoke, and they permitted them. And they bring the colt to Jesus. 7 And they throw their cloaks on it, and He sat on it. 8 And many spread their cloaks on the road. And others spread leafy-branches, having cut them from the fields. 9 And the ones going ahead and the ones following were crying-out “Hosanna! Blessed is the Onecoming in the name of the Lord. 10 Blessed is the coming kingdom of our father David. Hosanna in the highest [heavens]!”

Let's no forget that Jesus's Heavenly Father explicitly approved of game hunting:

Genesis 27:3
Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me,

Acts 10:13
And there came a voice to him: “Rise, Peter; kill and eat.”

1 Timothy 4:1-5
Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons, through the insincerity of liars whose consciences are seared, who forbid marriage and require abstinence from foods that God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth. For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, for it is made holy by the word of God and prayer.

(Vegans should pay extra attention to that particular scripture).

Sorry zebby, you should quit while you're behind.

He is the good fisherman.

He clearly had no problem with humans harvesting, and consuming animals.

Matthew 14:13-21 New International Version (NIV)

13 When Jesus heard what had happened, he withdrew by boat privately to a solitary place. Hearing of this, the crowds followed him on foot from the towns. 14 When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, he had compassion on them and healed the sick.

15 As evening approached, the disciples came to him and said, “This is a remote place, and it’s already getting late. Send the crowds away, so they can go to the villages and buy themselves some food.”

16 Jesus replied, “They do not need to go away. You give them something to eat.”

17 “We have here only five loaves of bread and two fish,” they answered.

18 “Bring them here to me,” he said.19 And he directed the people to sit down on the grass. Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then he gave them to the disciples, and the disciples gave them to the people. 20 They all ate and were satisfied, and the disciples picked up twelve basketfuls of broken pieces that were left over. 21 The number of those who ate was about five thousand men, besides women and children

Also, Jesus had no issue with using animals as beasts of burder:

Mark 11
And when they draw-near to Jerusalem— to Bethphage and Bethany, near the Mount of Olives— He sends-forth two of His disciples, 2 and says to them, “Go to the village before you. And immediately while proceeding into it, you will find a colt having been tied, on which none of mankindyet sat. Untie it, and be bringing it. 3 And if someone says to you, ‘Why are you doing this?’, say, ‘The Lord has need of it, and immediately He sends it back here’”. 4 And they went and found a colt having been tied at a door, outside on the street. And they untie it. 5 And some of the ones standing there were saying to them, “What are you doing untying the colt?” 6 But the ones spoke to them just as Jesus spoke, and they permitted them. And they bring the colt to Jesus. 7 And they throw their cloaks on it, and He sat on it. 8 And many spread their cloaks on the road. And others spread leafy-branches, having cut them from the fields. 9 And the ones going ahead and the ones following were crying-out “Hosanna! Blessed is the Onecoming in the name of the Lord. 10 Blessed is the coming kingdom of our father David. Hosanna in the highest [heavens]!”

Let's no forget that Jesus's Heavenly Father explicitly approved of game hunting:

Genesis 27:3
Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me,

Acts 10:13
And there came a voice to him: “Rise, Peter; kill and eat.”

1 Timothy 4:1-5
Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons, through the insincerity of liars whose consciences are seared, who forbid marriage and require abstinence from foods that God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth. For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, for it is made holy by the word of God and prayer.

(Vegans should pay extra attention to that particular scripture).

Sorry zebby, you should quit while you're behind.

lol at people in 2018 believing anything in the Bible as being literally true.

The gig is up Bob. It’s fake buddy lol

dude quit his job over this

lol at people in 2018 believing anything in the Bible as being literally true.

The gig is up Bob. It’s fake buddy lol

I accept your concession.

You made a failed attempt at asserting that the Bible and/or Christ agrees with your position. When this was pointed out to be completely false, you moved the goalposts because you were wrong.

It's been fun, but I'm going to go ahead and end this conversation now.

Have a splendid day!

I accept your concession.

You made a failed attempt at asserting that the Bible and/or Christ agrees with your position. When this was pointed out to be completely false, you moved the goalposts because you were wrong.

It's been fun, but I'm going to go ahead and end this conversation now.

Have a splendid day!

Funny thing is I knew your response before you typed it haha.

You’re kinda like a child Bob. No wonder you are so love with Trump.

Thanks for ending the conversation, and the concession. Have a blessed day. Oh wait. That’s ridiculous lol

And I replied to say you're wrong . . . .

Nope. Not everyone spends hundreds of dollars to hunt for fun or necessity. They choose to spend money on hunting wild game rather than store-bought meat.

I can shoot a deer on family land and all it would cost me is my time, the one-time purchase of a stand or blind . . . I have a lifetime hunting license so that cost is already covered . . . and if I choose to have a local processor cut it up for me he'll charge about $65. For clean, lean meat.

Whatever dude . . . I'm not moving any goalposts at all.

Cant believe I'm still replying to this, but a lifetime license in my state only covers small game - you still need deer, turkey, bear stamps - so for $260 I can shoot rabbits for life.

Any serious hunter is also going to spend time sighting and practicing with his rifle/bow. So practice arrows/ammo, targets, scopes/sights, and your 1 time blind/stand. And possibly a National Forest stamp if your family/friends don't own land. I wont even try to calculate time considerations.

Next, take your 100 pound field dressed deer to the butcher and you'll get about 45-50 lbs of meat. $65 for 50 pounds of meet is a better deal than you'll get in the store, but I've already established that the avg hunter would have more into that cost.

Btw- if a hunter is choosing to hunt for wild game over store bought meat - is he really hunting out of necessity?

Cant believe I'm still replying to this, but a lifetime license in my state only covers small game - you still need deer, turkey, bear stamps - so for $260 I can shoot rabbits for life.

I can't believe I am either . . . but here goes. I paid $650 for a lifetime license in Oklahoma. That covers every animal but bear (bear is only open in a handful of counties in SE Oklahoma). The only thing I'd need to buy each year is a Federal duck stamp.

Any serious hunter is also going to spend time sighting and practicing with his rifle/bow. So practice arrows/ammo, targets, scopes/sights, and your 1 time blind/stand. And possibly a National Forest stamp if your family/friends don't own land. I wont even try to calculate time considerations.

A bow, rifle and a scope would normally be a one-time cost if you take care of them . . . ammo and arrows aren't overly expensive either.

Next, take your 100 pound field dressed deer to the butcher and you'll get about 45-50 lbs of meat. $65 for 50 pounds of meet is a better deal than you'll get in the store, but I've already established that the avg hunter would have more into that cost.

If one animal is it then yes . . . but spread that out over many others then it cuts into those additional costs.

Btw- if a hunter is choosing to hunt for wild game over store bought meat - is he really hunting out of necessity?

Sometimes . . . is that ultimately what this crap is all about? The nuance of necessity vs choice?

I'm all for hunting for food, but I'll never understand the need to wantonly slaughter another animal for kicks, let alone an entire family of them. It's just sick and makes me wonder what personal inadequacy the ""hunter" is making up for in his need to exert dominance over a lesser species.

Making up for a personal inadequacy? Really?

How is it that hunting always comes back to something like this for many folks?

Making up for a personal inadequacy? Really?

How is it that hunting always comes back to something like this for many folks?
Because unless it is for food, it is to prove something. Unless you're just a sick fuck that likes killing stuff, I guess.
Like I said, I'm all for hunting for food, but trophy hunting is a douchebag act.

Because unless it is for food, it is to prove something. Unless you're just a sick fuck that likes killing stuff, I guess.
Like I said, I'm all for hunting for food, but trophy hunting is a douchebag act.

What do you consider trophy hunting? To most hunters every animal we kill is a trophy. Some of them even end up on our walls.

Can I trophy hunt if I eat what I kill? I try to be selective and kill the biggest buck I can find . . . if I don't see one I don't kill the small guys.

Back