'I shot a whole family of baboons'

What do you consider trophy hunting? To most hunters every animal we kill is a trophy. Some of them even end up on our walls.
Can I trophy hunt if I eat what I kill? I try to be selective and kill the biggest buck I can find . . . if I don't see one I don't kill the small guys.
For me its simple: if you kill it, it should be for food, to me, personally, killing for sport is immoral.
Im no bleeding heart or anything, its just a matter of personal principle, if you enjoy it, go nuts, i just dont get it.

If you hunt your own food, that’s respectable ( and this is coming from a vegan)

A sane, healthy person would do it with a semblance of gratitude to the animal that died so he could live, and maybe some sadness that a life was just ended

If you get off on shooting animals for fun, youre a sick ,impotent pussy

Last edited:
Because unless it is for food, it is to prove something. Unless you're just a sick fuck that likes killing stuff, I guess.
Like I said, I'm all for hunting for food, but trophy hunting is a douchebag act.
you'd hate my guts then. i kill the shit out of Coyotes, groundhogs, and european starlings. and i dont eat either of them

you'd hate my guts then. i kill the shit out of Coyotes, groundhogs, and european starlings. and i dont eat either of them
Nah, not for shooting what amounts to pests, although Coyotes are pretty cool, and not even if you were a trophy hunter. I'm not a fanatic about it or anything it's just against my personal principles, and is something I just don't understand the purpose of. Ego, I guess, but whatever, it's legal and all so, it's no big deal to me.

Hunting for food is OK. Trophy hunting is distasteful but acceptable if done legally to protect wildlife of a country.

Boasting about killing a family of any animal is just messed up though.

He is the good fisherman.

He clearly had no problem with humans harvesting, and consuming animals.

Matthew 14:13-21 New International Version (NIV)

13 When Jesus heard what had happened, he withdrew by boat privately to a solitary place. Hearing of this, the crowds followed him on foot from the towns. 14 When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, he had compassion on them and healed the sick.

15 As evening approached, the disciples came to him and said, “This is a remote place, and it’s already getting late. Send the crowds away, so they can go to the villages and buy themselves some food.”

16 Jesus replied, “They do not need to go away. You give them something to eat.”

17 “We have here only five loaves of bread and two fish,” they answered.

18 “Bring them here to me,” he said.19 And he directed the people to sit down on the grass. Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then he gave them to the disciples, and the disciples gave them to the people. 20 They all ate and were satisfied, and the disciples picked up twelve basketfuls of broken pieces that were left over. 21 The number of those who ate was about five thousand men, besides women and children

Also, Jesus had no issue with using animals as beasts of burder:

Mark 11
And when they draw-near to Jerusalem— to Bethphage and Bethany, near the Mount of Olives— He sends-forth two of His disciples, 2 and says to them, “Go to the village before you. And immediately while proceeding into it, you will find a colt having been tied, on which none of mankindyet sat. Untie it, and be bringing it. 3 And if someone says to you, ‘Why are you doing this?’, say, ‘The Lord has need of it, and immediately He sends it back here’”. 4 And they went and found a colt having been tied at a door, outside on the street. And they untie it. 5 And some of the ones standing there were saying to them, “What are you doing untying the colt?” 6 But the ones spoke to them just as Jesus spoke, and they permitted them. And they bring the colt to Jesus. 7 And they throw their cloaks on it, and He sat on it. 8 And many spread their cloaks on the road. And others spread leafy-branches, having cut them from the fields. 9 And the ones going ahead and the ones following were crying-out “Hosanna! Blessed is the Onecoming in the name of the Lord. 10 Blessed is the coming kingdom of our father David. Hosanna in the highest [heavens]!”

Let's no forget that Jesus's Heavenly Father explicitly approved of game hunting:

Genesis 27:3
Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me,

Acts 10:13
And there came a voice to him: “Rise, Peter; kill and eat.”

1 Timothy 4:1-5
Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons, through the insincerity of liars whose consciences are seared, who forbid marriage and require abstinence from foods that God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth. For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, for it is made holy by the word of God and prayer.

(Vegans should pay extra attention to that particular scripture).

Sorry zebby, you should quit while you're behind.
what does that have to do with trophy hunting

What do you consider trophy hunting? To most hunters every animal we kill is a trophy. Some of them even end up on our walls.

Can I trophy hunt if I eat what I kill? I try to be selective and kill the biggest buck I can find . . . if I don't see one I don't kill the small guys.
do you trophy hunt with no intention of eating what you kill sans pest control

If it were local hunting, using the meat, being amongst nature, I could understand that to a degree. Hunting deer is quite common where I grew up and is used as population control so there is a utility for it.

But flying across the world to take pleasure in killing exotic animals and take trophies is some latent psychopathic shit.

do you trophy hunt with no intention of eating what you kill sans pest control

Nope . . . if I shoot it . . . track it and find it before the coyotes do or before the meat spoils it goes in the freezer.

But flying across the world to take pleasure in killing exotic animals and take trophies is some latent psychopathic shit.

Not really . . . I mean folks do it all of the time without making complete jerks out of themselves like this guy did . . .

I think his behavior is disgusting but I also believe the universe is a terrible place. Life depends on killing other organisms to survive. We live in a terribly constructed, ruthless and sickening reality, imo. Its basically a nightmare for 98% of the life forms that live here. What an awful design

I think his behavior is disgusting but I also believe the universe is a terrible place. Life depends on killing other organisms to survive. We live in a terribly constructed, ruthless and sickening reality, imo. Its basically a nightmare for 98% of the life forms that live here. What an awful design

o_O I guess that's one way to see things . . . dang.

I'm not against hunting, I own guns, etc, etc.

But I think people who go kill exotic animals for fun have some screws loose. If you are not going to eat it, leave it alone. Unless it is an invasive pest, or spreads disease, I just don't see the humanity is killing animals.

Trophy hunting is a difficult one. I worked for a while for a guy who, among his other ventures, ran hunting safaris in southern Africa. He owned a lot of land in the Eastern Cape and also had leased hunting concessions in Mozambique Zimbabwe and Botswana. He must have had the hunting rights over hundreds of thousands of hectares and it was all trophy stuff. I wasn't involved in that side of his business at all, but I got to know his main professional hunter pretty well and he was a good guy. He once told me was that ninety percent of the time they know exactly which animal they're going to put the client onto, but they walk him around and show him a few others first - that are always for some reason or other not quite shootable - to give the impression that there was a degree of chance involved. And then they set him up with one that can be taken out without harming the overall breeding population. And I know they've done studies which suggest that because trophy hunting is a low footfall but high $$$ use of the land it actually benefits both target and incidental species that thrive in habitat that is maintained in its natural state for hunting purposes. So there's the good side.

That said, I can't see where shooting a whole family of baboons with a bow and arrow would fit into this. Stalking Cape buffalo on foot through bush land? - OK I can see where that could be a massive rush. But juvenile baboons? There's something definitely unhealthy about it....

I just think hunters should have no qualms about being prey. Some folk might want to hunt and kill humans as a trophy sport. I say let's see who the best trophy hunters are.

I just think hunters should have no qualms about being prey. Some folk might want to hunt and kill humans as a trophy sport. I say let's see who the best trophy hunters are.

<JagsKiddingMe><Manning1><LynchWink>

Back