I still think PRIDE > UFC, convince me wrong

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
Im getting old, and maybe I am making the same error of people looking back on their past with colored lenses, but I feel like BEST fighters from PRIDE is still as good as the best fighters from UFC now.

Fedor vs Stipe - Fedor in his prime >>>> A guy who got finished by Struve
Shogun vs Cormier, Shogun before knee surgeries, GP 05 Shogun was something else
Hendo vs Whitaker >>> H- Bomb or decision Dan...
No WW
Gomi vs Khabib ---- Bushido Gomi 05' was also something else....ended up on the pound for pound best ranking on Sherdog with Fedor....very few fighters ever do...surely not Khabib yet...

Convince me

Pride was better for the big boys, MW / LHW and up.

But I think UFC is better for the little boys, Welterweight and below.

I wish that they would put on a few "Pride" in a ring type shows a year in the UFC. :(

I still think "I Dream of Jeannie" is better than "Big Bang Theory"; Advantage: Fantastic Tits. Change My Mind.

PRIDE would go 0-4 if these 8 men would fight, do you know that, right? I'm a Shogun fan but i'm not delusional, watch Shogun-Coleman I and tell me Cormier wouldn't have smashed him lol DC ain't being finished by heel hooks either

Heavyweight: I'm a huge Fedor fan and in his prime he was a beast but he wasn't fighting big, skillful, athletic dudes like Stipe. JDS would have been a nightmare match up for Fedor as would Cain. The top of the current UFC HW roster is better but as a whole Pride had a deeper HW division.

LHW: Jones wrecks any other fighter who's fought at that weight before.

MW: Anderson in the UFC is the best by a long shot. He fought the best Pride WW (UFC MW) Hendo and stopped him in 2 rounds.

WW: GSP no argument

LW: From a historical perspective probably BJ but I think Khabib may be the best fighter in history at this weight.

When the two organizations were going head-to-head Pride had the best fighters in the top 3 weight classes but UFC has surpassed them now in every weight.

its clear that you're still living in the past like the rest of the pride nuthuggers.
fedor would get easily counter and ko'd by stipe

dc would wrestlerape shogun

one dimensional hendo would get schooled by whittaker

gomi would be a punching bag for khabib

Pride was very top heavy

But at the same time the UFC only had a LW division I guess

Pride all fucking day

its clear that you're still living in the past like rest of the pride nuthuggers.
fedor would get easily counter and ko'd by stipe

dc would wrestlerape shogun

one dimensional hendo would get schooled by whittaker

gomi would be a punching bag for khabib
/thread

bro, pride has been dead for over 10 years....yet

3 former pride fighters still in top 6 at HW

Looks like Gus is leaving the UFC....shogun on a 3 fight win streak, ranked top 5...clear #1 contender if he beats No time

Moose is the #1 MW in the world

Pride didn't fw WW

Gil beat Josh Thompson who beat the uncrowned 155 champ Nate Diaz

Pride still rules

fighters became more skilled the longer mma has been around? it's as if knowledge of a subject increases over time, or something. derp.

PRIDE would go 0-4 if these 8 men would fight, do you know that, right? I'm a Shogun fan but i'm not delusional, watch Shogun-Coleman I and tell me Cormier wouldn't have smashed him lol DC ain't being finished by heel hooks either
Given that they didn’t have tape to study every opponents every move, high speed internet for networking and sourcing the best teams in fast time, million dollar plus camps, modern trainers and nutritionalists, all to come up with a studied game plan for 3 months plus... Pride was still better. Of course fighting for has progressed.

Prime Gomi still got defeated by B.J Penn, but nothing to be ashamed of, Prime B.J is the greatest LW of all time.

But if we're talking about stand up trading blow for blow, nobody could/would hang with prime Gomi. The dude was the undisputed heaviest LW puncher I've ever seen.

I think its a mix of nostalgia and everything just looking more brutal in pride

I dont think most of the pride fighters would do very well in the ufc today. except the heavyweights maybe because that division is trash.

Comparing Pride fighters from then with UFC fighters from now is a bit stupid.

Some of the UFC fighters who went to Pride didn't do that well. Barnett was the UFC HW champ, so was Coleman and Chuck had a failed attempt at winning a tournament.

But the Pride fighters who went to the UFC didn't do that well either with a few exceptions.

And people like Hendo, what was he? He fought in the UFC before Pride as did Wanderlei and Vitor.

From your list, Fedor is the only one that wins his fight.

I don't see Gomi beating Khabib in any universe.

Back