I still think PRIDE > UFC, convince me wrong

Hendo would come very close to flatlining Whittaker. Khabib isn't an evolved fighter. He is as one dimension as they come. Fedor would put up a good fight. I think Shogun gets wrecked though.

bro, pride has been dead for over 10 years....yet

3 former pride fighters still in top 6 at HW

Looks like Gus is leaving the UFC....shogun on a 3 fight win streak, ranked top 5...clear #1 contender if he beats No time

Moose is the #1 MW in the world

Pride didn't fw WW

Gil beat Josh Thompson who beat the uncrowned 155 champ Nate Diaz

Pride still rules
where does it say Gus is leaving? I haven't seen anything like that, hope you're not lying just to make your argument better, and Moose #1 MW in the world? Please, that dude is so overrated it's unbelievable.

PRIDE would go 0-4 if these 8 men would fight, do you know that, right? I'm a Shogun fan but i'm not delusional, watch Shogun-Coleman I and tell me Cormier wouldn't have smashed him lol DC ain't being finished by heel hooks either

giphy.gif

Shogun broke his arm in a freak accident.

xm01s5.gif

Coleman was definitely on super Mexican supplements during that fight!!

And Coleman in PRIDE was a beast!!

s-l300.jpg

6pxkx2.jpg

Coleman-vs-Goes-ko.gif

w18mf5.jpg

Fixed fights.
Yakuza.
Refs with earpieces.
No elbows.
Unsanctioned.
Encouraged drug abuse.
Constant restarts.
Freakshows.
Squash matches.
Pro wrasslers.
Retarded announcers.

Shogun broke his arm in a freak accident.
And? It's not a freak accident, it's a amateurish mistake he committed, you don't stop a takedown using your arm. Anyway, Coleman was defending Shogun's submission attempts and taking him down at will, doing more damage with GNP after some takedowns too. And please.. let's not act like DC isn't a better version of Coleman, superior everywhere.

Last edited:
I have no doubts in my mind that Pride had a better HW division than the UFC has currently.

In terms of show and entertainment, Pride was something else.

Let's throw them into today's ufc, while in their prime, and have them go through usada testing for a while. Then and only then they get the title shot against current UFC champs, and I doubt they would have much success.

you're like those old guys saying that led zepplin era is the only real music worth listening

Prime Gomi still got defeated by B.J Penn, but nothing to be ashamed of, Prime B.J is the greatest LW of all time.

But if we're talking about stand up trading blow for blow, nobody could/would hang with prime Gomi. The dude was the undisputed heaviest LW puncher I've ever seen.

Nick literally flew to his own country and made him tap to the best sub in MMA history while high

Obviously the game has evolved since the Pride days. However, during that era, as a whole, Pride fighters were clearly better than UFC fighters. Not even close. That doesn't mean that some top UFC fighters like Chuck or Randy couldn't have had succes in Pride though.

Prime Gomi still got defeated by B.J Penn, but nothing to be ashamed of, Prime B.J is the greatest LW of all time.

But if we're talking about stand up trading blow for blow, nobody could/would hang with prime Gomi. The dude was the undisputed heaviest LW puncher I've ever seen.

Not prime Gomi. It was Gomi coming off a loss for the first time in his career, fighting in a cage for the first time, in bJ's literal backyard at home, etc etc.

And? It's not a freak accident, it's a amateurish mistake he committed, you don't stop a takedown using your arm. Anyway, Coleman was defending Shogun's submission attempts and taking him down at will, doing more damage with GNP after some takedowns too. And please.. let's not act like DC isn't a better version of Coleman, superior everywhere.

You are underestimating the difficulty of fighting in PRIDE in the early days of MMA. The rules, the brutality of it, and the "vitamins" some fighters were taking. DC is clearly a better fighter than Coleman, but has he ever even come close to inflicting the kind of damage done by Coleman's knees???

j7rl6s.jpg

Not even close. That has to be taken into account.

jackson_20silva_20ropes.jpg

DC is an amazing fighter(easily 1 of the all-time greats) and Im a huge fan, but it isn't a foregone conclusion that he would run through the PRIDE LHW's. Many people today, underestimate the skill level of fighters from that era, and overestimate the skills of current MMA fighters.

xxeVh.gif

tumblr_mj4egvVay41ry1rm7o1_250.gif
tumblr_na23hqsxGU1ry1rm7o1_400.gif
wandyfinishrampage2.gif

aboL7Amr.gif

On the first two comparisons, I can agree. On Gomi vs Khabib, I definitely disagree.. you see what even a half decent wrestler in Aurelio did to prime Gomi. Same with Hendo vs Whitaker.. Hendo was never that great.

Either way, what do I care how fighters of a 10+ year organisation would stack up today? What I do care about is that PRIDE was about 10x as exciting and well produced as the UFC, and that the audience wasn't just a mass of disrespectful fat ugly human turds.

pride had better drug testing policy and rule set thats for sure

Nick literally flew to his own country and made him tap to the best sub in MMA history while high

No one cared about Nick Diaz back then, I don't think Gomi did either.

It's a freak accident...just like Anderson Silva broke his leg against Weidman....or i guess amatuerish mistakes that just leads to broken bones out of 100000000000000000+

Coleman actually has a better double leg.
Coleman has a silver at world level, Cormier has bronze.

Convince you wrong? As in convince you in an improper fashion?

Huge Stipe fan, but Fedor would be his toughest fight.

fedor would get easily counter and ko'd by stipe

dc would wrestlerape shogun

one dimensional hendo would get schooled by whittaker

gomi would be a punching bag for khabib

stipe is one of my favorite fighters, but i think he could lose to fedor ... but that wouldnt be a shame.

Last edited:
PRIDE would go 0-4 if these 8 men would fight, do you know that, right? I'm a Shogun fan but i'm not delusional, watch Shogun-Coleman I and tell me Cormier wouldn't have smashed him lol DC ain't being finished by heel hooks either
You must consider that the Pride rooster was alot stronger then the UFC rooster now (if the UFC is really drug free).
So Coleman was a much stronger Monster than DC. Dont get me wrong DC is as strong as it gets. But if DC is drug free, then we can be sure that coleman was way stronger than him. Shogun must have been alot stronger too.
Pride was just another Level of strenght and aggressiveness.

Back