I still think PRIDE > UFC, convince me wrong

bro, pride has been dead for over 10 years....yet

3 former pride fighters still in top 6 at HW

Looks like Gus is leaving the UFC....shogun on a 3 fight win streak, ranked top 5...clear #1 contender if he beats No time

Moose is the #1 MW in the world

Pride didn't fw WW

Gil beat Josh Thompson who beat the uncrowned 155 champ Nate Diaz

Pride still rules
Moose is the #1 mw in the world{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}

I will not question your excellent decision making skills. I will question the ufc shills tho.

Im getting old, and maybe I am making the same error of people looking back on their past with colored lenses, but I feel like BEST fighters from PRIDE is still as good as the best fighters from UFC now.

Fedor vs Stipe - Fedor in his prime >>>> A guy who got finished by Struve
Shogun vs Cormier, Shogun before knee surgeries, GP 05 Shogun was something else
Hendo vs Whitaker >>> H- Bomb or decision Dan...
No WW
Gomi vs Khabib ---- Bushido Gomi 05' was also something else....ended up on the pound for pound best ranking on Sherdog with Fedor....very few fighters ever do...surely not Khabib yet...

Convince me
Rory vs Lawler get emmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Obviously the game has evolved since the Pride days. However, during that era, as a whole, Pride fighters were clearly better than UFC fighters. Not even close. That doesn't mean that some top UFC fighters like Chuck or Randy couldn't have had succes in Pride though.

No they weren't . Pride rules and matchups made certain fighters look better than they were. Tito's victory over Wandy was no fluke. Wandy's career would look different if he never went to Japan. Forest and Gonzaga should have killed the Pride superiority myth as far as Im concerned.

No they weren't . Pride rules and matchups made certain fighters look better than they were. Tito's victory over Wandy was no fluke. Wandy's career would look different if he never went to Japan. Forest and Gonzaga should have killed the Pride superiority myth as far as Im concerned.
Chuck got beat easily by Rampage though. Fedor was definitely better than any UFC HW of that era too.

Im getting old, and maybe I am making the same error of people looking back on their past with colored lenses, but I feel like BEST fighters from PRIDE is still as good as the best fighters from UFC now.

Shogun vs Cormier, Shogun before knee surgeries, GP 05 Shogun was something else
No WW
Gomi vs Khabib ---- Bushido Gomi 05' was also something else....ended up on the pound for pound best ranking on Sherdog with Fedor....very few fighters ever do...surely not Khabib yet...

Convince me

don't know about all those matchups, but globally, you are right, Pride was better than UFC, better fighters at the time, better ruleset, and much better production

No WW

Convince me
I think usada kos most of them before they even make it to the cage

well, it sure as shit was more exciting.
ufc events these days are most of them pretty boring.

I'm a huge Pride fan and think it was a superior MMA org for entertainment and back then also had the best LHW (or the comparable division) and HW divisions. However, I think you're probably a bit too old and wearing rainbow coloured glasses if you think Shogun beats Cormier and that Hendo beats Whittaker (or the other elite of the MW division). Fedor is a bit mythical, I don't think he'd be the #1 in today's MMA world but considering he's a chubby LHW just like Cormier, he's definitely one of the P4P GOATs as he was slaying people twice his size (most of them cans, some of them the elite of HWs in MMA).

You are underestimating the difficulty of fighting in PRIDE in the early days of MMA. The rules, the brutality of it, and the "vitamins" some fighters were taking. DC is clearly a better fighter than Coleman, but has he ever even come close to inflicting the kind of damage done by Coleman's knees???

Not even close. That has to be taken into account.

DC is an amazing fighter(easily 1 of the all-time greats) and Im a huge fan, but it isn't a foregone conclusion that he would run through the PRIDE LHW's. Many people today, underestimate the skill level of fighters from that era, and overestimate the skills of current MMA fighters.
Damage is irrelevant. Isn't a scoring criteria and you don't really need it to win a MMA fight. DC would run through PRIDE LHWs. All of them.
It's a freak accident...just like Anderson Silva broke his leg against Weidman....or i guess amatuerish mistakes that just leads to broken bones out of 100000000000000000+

Coleman actually has a better double leg.
Coleman has a silver at world level, Cormier has bronze.
No, it's not a freak accident. That shit fucking happens, it's a AMATEUR mistake to try stop a takedown using your arm, you have to accept and prepare yourself for the takedown if it's there, just last week 2 fighters broke their arms doing that stupid move. You clearly don't know what you're talking about by comparing it to having your leg broken by someone checking your kicks, something totally different..

Coleman had much worse wrestling *in MMA* than DC, that's undeniable.

Some of the Pride champions would be competetive top 5 probably but there's no way any of them would win and defend a UFC belt against todays lineup. People who believe differently must be stupid, because they have been watching MMA for over a decade and still have no idea about the sport.

Sorry, old dumb guys. You're wrong.

Pride-o.

3703f067cc5125679016408eb39015f1.png

@executionermma Stop acting like your opinion is a fact. Check your AV again :rolleyes:

Some of the Pride champions would be competetive top 5 probably but there's no way any of them would win and defend a UFC belt against todays lineup. People who believe differently must be stupid, because they have been watching MMA for over a decade and still have no idea about the sport.

Sorry, old dumb guys. You're wrong.

Stipe is one of my fav. fighters, but he could lose to Fedor.

Last edited:
Chael fucking Sonnen has wins over Rampage/Wanderlei/Shogun

In a few months you can add Fedor to that list too, unless Mir KO's him

Pride was peak MMA for its time. A golden age of MMA.

Now is still good, but Pride was better, mostly because of the rules and scoring

Both orgs have had amazing fighters over the course, now there's probably 20 guys you could argue are up there with the 'best all time' and are certainly legendary.

I still watch and enjoy MMA of all types but have a huge soft spot for Pride, for sure

The production of a PrideFC show > SEG, zuffa and WME UFC.

Ufc looks like a b level org with their production. Pride legit looked like the premier MMA organization. They made their fighters seem larger than life. It was so much better.

The production of a PrideFC show > SEG, zuffa and WME UFC.

Ufc looks like a b level org with their production. Pride legit looked like the premier MMA organization. They made their fighters seem larger than life. It was so much better.
{<redford}

Back