I think after 30 MMA fights your body gives up

yekmurat

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I talk about UFC calibre fights after that your body just gives up especially if you re an agressive fighter

probably 10 if you fight like Gathje

Likely fewer if your teammate cheapshot KTFO's you repeatedly in practice. Talking about practice.

I talk about UFC calibre fights after that your body just gives up especially if you re an agressive fighter

fighting at the top of the food chain can only happen for so long. It's tough to stay that good and have a healthy body for that long of a time period in the fight game.

I think if you look like a create a fighter like Smith you can fight for a longer period

UFC calibre fighters like? DC? Aldo? GSP? CM Punk? Artem Lobov? Jason Von Flue?

Coming into the last night event, Anthony Smith had 42 professional fights, Shogun 35, just saying.

The number of fights, is just a number, some fights are a walk in the park, others are a one sided ass whopping and you are the one getting your ass handed to you.
Your overall history, that include injuries, motivation, ... and also abuse during competition, really tells if a fighter is past it.

yeah there isnt much room like in boxing. in boxing u can make like 50 fights but not in MMA.

Shogun did train at Chute Boxe early in his career, and they were known to spar 100% on occassion.

Shogun was fighting in absolute wars in front of 60k people 13 years ago. Hes way past it and should retire.

I mean you have to take account of the injuries and such. It can be 20 fights and they can still be fucked. Look at tj grant he was a beast he retired so soon

I think its the ballooning up in weight and then dramatic weight loss between fights that does it which applys to 99% of UFC fighters, in boxing the guy's who had the longest longevity always stayed in shape, Mayweather,hopkins,klitchko etc.

I think its the ballooning up in weight and then dramatic weight loss between fights that does it which applys to 99% of UFC fighters, in boxing the guy's who had the longest longevity always stayed in shape, Mayweather,hopkins,klitchko etc.
Boxing and MMA are as different as Baseball and Golf...

Sometimes all it takes is 1 and you’re never the same again. Especially a knockout.

Sometimes all it takes is 1 and you’re never the same again. Especially a knockout.
I heard from hendo or Randy not sure after a fight in a cage a part of you dies in the octagon then you re not as healthy as before...I mean I know what you talk about but you can do it again and again but I think after 30 times(most of the most) thats it you cant do more.

30 is generous, unless your a cautious fighter who doesn’t take damage ...or a special fighter like MM, at the rate he takes damage, he could go well past 30 fights.

Mousasi has 52 fights
But he sleeps a lot

jV3txEx.gif

adv.gif

Tell that to Anthony Smith who has gone from a journey man to possible title contender after over 30.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back