I think after 30 MMA fights your body gives up

30 is generous, unless your a cautious fighter who doesn’t take damage ...or a special fighter like MM, at the rate he takes damage, he could go well past 30 fights.
So you think its same to take a punch from Ngannou and Cejudo

I heard from hendo or Randy not sure after a fight in a cage a part of you dies in the octagon then you re not as healthy as before...I mean I know what you talk about but you can do it again and again but I think after 30 times(most of the most) thats it you cant do more.
I meant in the long run. After a severe ko it’s very hard to recover psychologically and physiologically. Bernard Hopkins talks about it in an interview and used Pacquiao’s loss to Marquez as an example.

TJ Grant. Next in line for a lightweight title shot. Gets injured in training. Never comes back. Only 26 fights. So close to 30. Maybe you're right. I think it's not just the fights. It's the training too.

I talk about UFC calibre fights after that your body just gives up especially if you re an agressive fighter
Who's had 30 fights in the UFC though? Is there anyone?

Mousasi has had 52 fights. 38 since his PRIDE debut in 2006 and is still undoubtedly in his prime

Mousasi has 52 fights
But he sleeps a lot

jV3txEx.gif

LOL was Fedor giving him a wedgie?

Boa Contructor is like 56-11.

Not a human ?

It depends on amount of amateur fights/pro fights/how hard you spar/damage taken in fights as well.

Shogun's longevity is absolutely incredible considering he trained in the Chute Box Academy with killers.

If you want to reach 30+ fights, you truly need to start (pro) at 19/early 20s.

DJ's next fight is 31, and minor injuries have started popping up with him.

Wear and tear is a thing that bodies don't fully shrug off.

Everyone is different but there is probably some truth to that.

Fedor and Anderson are the only GOAT contenders with 42+ fights and they are still going.

Or maybe it's 54 fights, ending with 2 brutal KOs, and culminating in a train accident. I don't know. Science, amirite?

<{hughesimpress}>

less than 30 ufc caliber fights - those fights are fcking brutal a lot of times - id say 15 ufc fights is quite a career, even if you lose a good number of them

yeah there isnt much room like in boxing. in boxing u can make like 50 fights but not in MMA.

It might be because there are many more years of experience of how to train a fighter. With MMA, how many years of a fighters career are lost in the gym?

Back