I think Darren Till is going to win.

The Natural Born Runner

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Am I crazy?

I was looking through the odds for some upcoming fights and I liked the look of Cerrone and Mousasi double at 2.15 odds. Surely that's a banker I thought, Mousasi will walk through Shlemenko and Cerrone will school the young kid. Obvious right? and easy money, right?

Well, then I started watching Darren Till...

The kid has obviously not been fighting elite competition to this point, but he looks very smooth on the feet and he's fucking huge. Cerrone has looked far from good in his last two outings, and Till is a very big guy comparing to his past opponents.

Till TKO Round 2.

wow, what a bold prediction.

Half the forum predicts a Till win.

I agree, Till stops him inside 2 rounds, people are underestimating him for going to decision with low competition but the truth is that wasn't finishing his opponent because he didn't want to. Till is a beast and at 24 he's one of the best prospects in MMA as a whole.

Is this you telling us all about the real Darren Till?

Am I crazy?

I was looking through the odds for some upcoming fights and I liked the look of Cerrone and Mousasi double at 2.15 odds. Surely that's a banker I thought, Mousasi will walk through Shlemenko and Cerrone will school the young kid. Obvious right? and easy money, right?

Well, then I started watching Darren Till...

The kid has obviously not been fighting elite competition to this point, but he looks very smooth on the feet and he's fucking huge. Cerrone has looked far from good in his last two outings, and Till is a very big guy comparing to his past opponents.

Till TKO Round 2.
Not crazy Whingebag, love your pick for once.

giphy.gif

Is this one of those legendary threads?

He could win, as could Cerrone. If Cerrone has aged a lot - which is bound to happen - Till has a good chance of winning; if not, Cerrone should take it.

There was absolutely zero reason to bring in Mousasi's name. Very clever but we don't talk about him here. Go to WW for that.

There was absolutely zero reason to bring in Mousasi's name. Very clever but we don't talk about him here. Go to WW for that.
That was literally my thought pattern though, Cerrone and Mousasi double looked like a great bet.

Then I had a better think about it and I think Till might pull the upset.

You're not crazy. A lot more people than you may think have Till schooling the ol' vet...

I got till - he hits hard and lands clean sometimes and we have seen how cerrone reacts to that - not hating on Donald just saying

I agree, Till stops him inside 2 rounds, people are underestimating him for going to decision with low competition but the truth is that wasn't finishing his opponent because he didn't want to. Till is a beast and at 24 he's one of the best prospects in MMA as a whole.
You had me until the "didn't want to" part. Not buying that without a back story to justify doing so, ala Ali - Terrell.

If I was Cerrone's head trainer or someone close to him (another fighter/trainer), I'd tell him to treat his current stretch at 170 as a brief time period to tighten up his game to be a much better version of himself to descend back down to 155.....win or lose to Till.

In Cerrone's case, its almost like sending a thoroughbred up to an allowance type of racing to actually get better knowing he'll hopefully comeback an absolute handful at a claiming level.

There are so many good fighters that never claim that title (just like any sport) and I don't think Donald will win a title in the UFC but his chances to get another title shot are significantly better at lightweight.

lol do you really believe this nonsense?

lol do you really believe this nonsense?
He does, like Till he’s in for a rude awakening. At least Till will finally fight someone with a Wikipedia page that someone’s actually heard of. It’s just too bad it will be a loss by finish next to it.

Apparently cerrone is a bum and this guy will knock him out. Cerrone is better than this bum everywhere the fight goes, he doesn't have to fight him on the feet if he doesn't want to, his grappling is worlds better than this till dude. If Donald loses it's because of his usual choking and inadequate game planning. This is an easy easy win for cerrone, he doesn't even have to get a scratch all he has to do is shoot for the takedown in the first minute and that guy can't do shit to stop it

Back