I think Newton stole Mo's soul.

JustOnce

On Hiatus
@Gold
Reaction score
Personally, I had a high expectation for Mo since his days in Japan.

I really think King Mo got his soul stolen by Newton...by that spinning back fist..and he never recovered...

or that staph infection....

I think he just became too much of a boxer...and for whatever reason he just couldn't hold people down well enough either...

I feel bad for Mo, he never really lived up to others expectations of him. Now he seems to be on the decline. I wonder if he could make 185?

Well, he blew through the first Rizin tourney, beat Rampage(should’ve been twice and also got hosed vs. Phil) and physically dominated Kongo since Newton.

Newton had his number but Mo lost for the same reason he lost to Feijao and Newton. He keeps his hands too low and he can’t take the big punch, especially the one that surprises him.

That was his problem before Staph as well.

Last edited:
I feel bad for Mo, he never really lived up to others expectations of him. Now he seems to be on the decline. I wonder if he could make 185?

He had every tool to be succesful.
He was an offensive wrestler who looked like who was taking down high level wrestlers at ease at international levels. Explosive, fast. Power in both hands. He wasn't one of many high level wrestlers who were more or grinder types or counterwrestlers, but he was full force offensive wrestler of a high high level.

I'd dare suggest if you just look at it what they bring to the table, he was as good as it gets when it come to prospects. He had that swagger too.

I think Mo got started out wrong in MMA. May be bad coaching, may be he fought too soon and couldn't do away with bad habits

Mileage.

His body is done.

He weighs like 215 lbs and struggles to make 205.

Liver and kidneys probably resemble a 50 year olds.

Or the staph infection that literally nearly killed him. He was in a coma for a month with an IV running to his heart.

Stole his soul... He won 12 fights after fighting Newton, don't exaggerate. He is fighting bigger, better and more powerful fighters on a more regular basis than he did before. He has not improved his skills that much and better fighters have been able to exploit that.

Bader v Mitrione or Nelson will be good

I think Mo got started out wrong in MMA. May be bad coaching, may be he fought too soon and couldn't do away with bad habits

Mo never really had structure to his career as far as training goes.

That’s not to say he had bad camps or anything but he always seemed like a drifter. He’s been AKA, ATT, Mikes gym, Mayweather, I know he’s trained with Blackhouse and then with Werdum.

Maybe if he stuck with a coach/team long enough for them to discover how to best utilize his ability to consistency. I think the only constant has been Jeff Mayweather but his Mayweather lite boxing stance might be what has most failed him.

He had his career best victories over Rampage and Kongo after those losses
lol my bad. Should have checked his sherdog record.

He actually had a pretty sick run in Bellator and Rizen after his loss to Quinton. I feel stupid now hahaha

That being said, it says alot about the promotion of his fights, and the star power of his opponents. None of them stand out. Who the fuck is Jiri Prochazka?!

I don't think weight cutting is the answer. Draining your body at his age will probably make him an even less effective fighter. Stay at 205.

Lol it's okay, perhaps those fights did knock some of the swagger out of him or change his approach to the game, only he will know

Perhaps his early success just made him think he could get away with having good wrestling and a good punch and never really evolved his strategy a great deal beyond that. He came up against a bigger guy with a bigger punch. Will be interesting to see how he does upon moving down. He was always going to be in trouble in this tourney. Bader, Mitrione, Nelson and Fedor could all handle his wrestling and have way more power than he does

Personally, I had a high expectation for Mo since his days in Japan.

I really think King Mo got his soul stolen by Newton...by that spinning back fist..and he never recovered...

or that staph infection....

I think he just became too much of a boxer...and for whatever reason he just couldn't hold people down well enough either...

It was a head down, close your eyes, swing and hope for the best shot. Wish it didn't land so we could see more from both guys.

Back