I used to rank GSP over Silva, but it’s not logical.

Njmma209

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Jon Jones emerged as GOAT in my eyes, but second place was always a question mark. When GSP beat Bisping to win a second belt it made sense to put him at #2 besides Jones, even if GSP did cherrypick and all three guys were out of their primes. However, the correct rankings are

1.Jones
2.Silva

3.fedor
4.gsp

GSP in his prime couldn’t even TKO/SUB the top guys at his own natural weightclass. 1 ‘finish’ vs BJ over 5 years/9 fights. That is not GOAT stuff.

Meanwhile Andy went up from 170 to 185 and finished 11 out 13 UFC opponents before running into Weidman.

Silva>GSP.
Also Anderson was innocent, dick pills confirmed the first time around, and contaminated supplements the second time.
D276373B-517F-439C-89DB-12D55C35570B.jpeg

Silva was a better finisher obviously, but I feel GSP accomplished more.

GSP way more consistent and dominant.

Silva was more entertaining and electric. GSP was like a methodical machine but he's just so nice. I like both guys.

GSP by consitency and level of opposition.

GSP #1

Doesn't matter after that. I could easily make points to counter argue why GSP is better. More dominant in his wins than Silva. Better comp. No positive steroid tests, regardless of loopholes. You don't pop twice and have the tests fuck up twice. If that is the case, get rid of USADA because they are hurting more than helping.

the anticipation before ea fedor and anderson fights prove they're the goats, even to this date. because of wc's it's tough to say who's #1 or #2.

Silva dropped out of the GOAT rankings when he got caught for PEDs. But even without this he was getting beat up left and right.
62.gif

XAXovUa.gif

ImpartialFocusedKoala.gif

GOAT rankings are fucking stupid. AS/Jones/Fedor/GSP are at the top. Trying to rank them is pointless because everyone has different criteria for "greatness".

AS had exciting finishes, GSP was supremely dominant, Jones brought a new level of technical brilliance and fight IQ to the cage, Fedor was the only one who dominated the HW division. Pick your poison.

AS popped, GSP got KOd by a LW, Jones popped, Fedor fought cans.

They are all greats, after that it's subjective.

First off Silva failed two drug tests. Maybe those steroids he clearly has been using his entire career gave him more killshot power?

Second Silva fights in a heavier weight class. The bigger the fighters the higher the finish rate

Third, GSP has faced much tougher competition compared to Silva. Woodley a guy that many rave about with respect to KO power only has 6 finishes at WW . Silva's best wins are Franklin and hendo mixed in with a bunch of B level guys

How anyone can consider someone a goat contender with failed drug tests is a bit bizarre

At this point this is beating a dead horse... GSP has a stellar record of 26-2, 2x divison champ, both losses avenged. Silva is 34-8... no loss avenged AND got caught for PED.

It's not even close.

GSP and Silva have had two common opponents, Bisping and Nick Diaz. GSP beat both while Silva has a loss and a no contest against them.

At least we can all agree that Aldo is at #5

GSP #1

Doesn't matter after that. I could easily make points to counter argue why GSP is better. More dominant in his wins than Silva. Better comp. No positive steroid tests, regardless of loopholes. You don't pop twice and have the tests fuck up twice. If that is the case, get rid of USADA because they are hurting more than helping.

Minus the Chael fights, Anderson was basically in complete control of every fight from Leben to Bonnar (forgot he got mounted by Lutter, but, not sure he was ever in too much danger even though Lutter was the Michael Jordan of BJJ). And he finished a large majority of his wins.

GSP’s real claim to #1 is honestly just his strength of schedule. He fought basically every guy in the top 5/10 at WW when they were at their peaks. I personally think Georges had the toughest fights while he was champ of the 3 guys mentioned in the UFC for GOAT but, that doesn’t mean everyone will feel the same way.

I still think Fedor is the best ever because of how he fought. Plus he did it at HW where literally any punch could finish a fight.

Either way, GSP, Anderson, JBJ, Fedor, are all amazing fighters regardless of where you put them on your GOAT list.

Back