I want a robot vacuum

• 9:00 a.m. – Arrive and surf Reddit for a couple of hours. Watch cat videos
  • 11:30 a.m. – Take lunch
  • 1:00 p.m. – Ebay time.
  • 2:00 – ish p.m Facebook updates – LinkedIn
  • 4:30 p.m. – End of day update e-mail to management.
  • 5:00 p.m. – Go home

This routine is very normal in IT, nothing out of place. Want some more time? Tell the other depts. there's problems with the enterprise software and you're contacting the company to get it sorted out. Bam, more time for Sherdog.

In due time sir, in due time
Knowing my luck I'll probably get it pregnant and have to pay child support.

preggers_the_pregnant_robot____by_cartoonray.png

But you have cats. Dont' they use the litterbox? They will probably swipe the crap out of the vacuum, though.
Once they figure out where to hit it to make it change directions, it turns into an expensive cat toy.

Have the Roomba i880. Works great.

Set the schedule so it starts cleaning at a certain time each day, and then returns to the dock. You'd be amazed how much it picks up, even in a clean house. Also cruises around under the beds which people rarely account for.

Doesn't mean you can forego standard vacuuming, think of it as daily upkeep with standard vacuuming as the deep clean.

How much do they run now-a-days?

Despite being lazy, I have 3 cats and fur constantly accumulates

Would be fun to have a robot clean my house for me and terrorize the cats

Anyone own one?

Tell me a story

The newer model Roombas (model numbers 860 or higher) all have brushless-rollers. That means the rotating brushes that hair usually gets stuck on are replaced with rubber rollers with tiny feet. I don't have any pets but my wife's super long hair gets everywhere, and all of it ends up directly in the dust bin of our Roomba.

All of the current models are brush-less and will therefore probably be a good fit for you with three cats. They run about $400~$700. Sometimes there's a sale on the 860 and it'll be $360ish.

I wrote a comprehensive guide to the current Roomba models here if you are interested: http://smartrobotichome.com/best-roomba-model-comparison-chart/ It should give you a pretty good idea if you'll be happy with a Roomba.

The newer model Roombas (model numbers 860 or higher) all have brushless-rollers. That means the rotating brushes that hair usually gets stuck on are replaced with rubber rollers with tiny feet. I don't have any pets but my wife's super long hair gets everywhere, and all of it ends up directly in the dust bin of our Roomba.

All of the current models are brush-less and will therefore probably be a good fit for you with three cats. They run about $400~$700. Sometimes there's a sale on the 860 and it'll be $360ish.

I wrote a comprehensive guide to the current Roomba models here if you are interested: http://smartrobotichome.com/best-roomba-model-comparison-chart/ It should give you a pretty good idea if you'll be happy with a Roomba.

My post created a spam bot

I apologize, I was trying to answer your question and tailored the answer to your 3 cats situation. I did not mean to spam.

Nicely done.

Pay one of the neighborhood kids $5 to dress up like a robot and push a regular vacuum around. Cheaper, plus can be trained to do other simple household tasks.

I apologize, I was trying to answer your question and tailored the answer to your 3 cats situation. I did not mean to spam.

lol - just thought it was funny that your first ever post was about selling vacuums :p

bought as a wedding gift for my bjj instructor. i dont know if it works.

I looked into them about a year ago. I determined they wasn't worth the money then maybe they're better now... I seen one that cuts grass the other day I'm interested in

I have a Diaomi robot vaccuum. It collects cat fur nicely. Doesnt terminate the need to do a proper cleaning of the house but helps to keep floor much cleaner between cleanups.

Back