I want remake/remasters of the first 4 Tony Hawk games so bad

Headkicktoleg

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
These 4 games are some of my favorite games of all time. None of the shitty gimmicks introduced in later games. Just fun wacky skateboarding. They would look great and bring back those great memories. Sadly I know they will probably never happen due to the studio being gone and they would be a licensing nightmare.

SKATE was better.

I'd definitely be down for that. Especially THPS2. The first would be a bit of fun, but ultimately too short, the third was where they started to go ever so slightly too far, the second is right in the sweet spot.

If you have a computer theyre super easy to emulate all the way up to 4K resolution...

Ehhh, I played THPS 2 recently, and it doesn't really hold up. It's still a fun little arcade like game for a quick session, but it didn't grab a hold of me like it did when it first came out. I think it's best left in the past.

Ehhh, I played THPS 2 recently, and it doesn't really hold up. It's still a fun little arcade like game for a quick session, but it didn't grab a hold of me like it did when it first came out. I think it's best left in the past.

i had the complete opposite experience. fired up on psxe and i lost myself for like an hour trying to go through it. i love the simplicity of it, it just gels so well. a proper HD remake would be great!

They did have remakes of 1-2 but they were by the developer of the most recent Tony Hawk game (the one that bombed) and so were not well thought of (also had different music, which was asinine considering the music was a huge part of those games).
I love the arcade style, the combo system was like the equivalent of Killer Instinct in skateboard form, plays a lot better than Skate's style in my opinion, I never really got the love for Skate, feels slow in comparison.

I really enjoyed the first two also but not sure how the gameplay would translate today.

Incidentally, it would be cool if remakes were made for games like Dead Space, Silent Hill, Splinter Cell, and Xenosaga too.

I was crazy about them when I was a kid. I bought a HD version on Steam a couple years back (THPS1) and couldn't get into it at all. Maybe it's dated for me or maybe it was just a shitty port.

SKATE was amazing, but they're different than Tony Hawk. Not quite as arcadey, but oh so good.
I'd really love a great THPS2 remake and THUG as well. Oh yeah, SKATE 3 FUCK YOU EA

I used to get stoned with a buddy and play the original tony hawk for hours and hours. Loved that game. One of my all time favorite games. That said, I also loved Skate. Would be great to have just some kind of skateboarding game to play on the xb1 or ps4.

Didn't a remastered Tony Hawk game come out a couple of years ago for Xb1 and ps4?

Was ADDICTED to the first 2
The 3rd kinda lost me a little

The music, the and the levels give me such nostalgia

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back