I want to start playing Golf. Where do I start?

Like others have said you don't ned to spend that much for a great set. Go to some stores and see what you like then look for a deal online. You should not have spend more than $500. Don't be the guy with the expensive bag of clubs and does not know how to play. Get a modest set until you learn your way around.

Strongly suggest beginning with a set of lessons with a qualified pro. Many pros will offer a deal if you pay for a series of lessons. One of the keys in golf is proper setup and grip and a pro can help you get off on the right foot. Well worth the money.

How tall are you? Normal set of mens clubs are made for someone 5' 11" so if you are much taller or shorter you would want to consider an adjustment to the length of the shaft and angle of the setting. This could add to the cost but it's best to learn on clubs that fit.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy yourself, it's a wonderful game and one you can play well in to retirement age.

Where should I buy clubs? I’m thinking like $2k to buy my first set. I’ve only ever hit golf balls once behind a fire station and everyone said my form was shit.

$2000 on a set of coins and you've never seen played on a course? Buddy, let me give you some great advice. Professionals can play better with a $250 see than most will with the most expensive set available.

Do yourself a huge favor and spend that $2000 this way.

$250 - Top Flite 13 piece set from Dicks.

https://m.dickssportinggoods.com/p/...fXfFyMEFz6SzYiHQYA7v2E8RrvtnywQxoCaxMQAvD_BwE

$250 - some comfortable golf shoes and clothes

$1250 - private lessons

Do that and you'll be better off for several reasons. For one you won't be wasting money on a set of clubs if you decide you don't like it as much as you thought. Second, you don't need amazing coins to get decent at golf. Upgrade as necessary. You'll have much more to spend on lessons and that's where you'll really shine. Don't be an idiot and spend thousands on clubs when you've never really played. It's silly

Back