I was a Pantera Kid…

[insert_name_here]

Better than the best, Ooh Yeah!
@Brown
Reaction score
-Pantera was my first concert at the age of 14.

-I was introduced to them in junior high and the first Pantera record I purchased was Far beyond Driven.

-Waited in line to Purchase the Great Southern Trendkill on the first day of release.

-Still to this day, the one band I’ve seen the most in concert.

~Respect!

We were Pearl Jam kids. Edd and Eddie and Eddrick groomed us in Junior High and forced us to buy all their records and live on the Pearl Jam plantation. We'd get woken up at 4.00am and made to sing Pearl Jam songs while they fed us gruel and whipped anyone who looked like they'd even thought of Nirvana or all the other better bands that Eddie felt had ripped him off. Then we'd pick cotton all day under a burning sun while Edd raved endlessly about the importance of hair maintenance.

After picking cotton we'd get Pearl Jam Scripture Time. These were often filled with dire warnings about being led astray by crafty music thieves like The Beatles. Eddrick would often sit crosslegged on a wooden stool playing minor chords on his acoustic guitar which he called Pot Pourri, while Eddie screeched Michael Stipe is a baldy cunt, over and over and over.

Afterwards we'd have supper which was usually a dry cracker and some ditch water, while Pearl Jam cackled at images of starving brown children. Still, I heard the Nickelback plantation was way worse.

We were Pearl Jam kids. Edd and Eddie and Eddrick groomed us in Junior High and forced us to buy all their records and live on the Pearl Jam plantation. We'd get woken up at 4.00am and made to sing Pearl Jam songs while they fed us gruel and whipped anyone who looked like they'd even thought of Nirvana or all the other better bands that Eddie felt had ripped him off. Then we'd pick cotton all day under a burning sun while Edd raved endlessly about the importance of hair maintenance.

After picking cotton we'd get Pearl Jam Scripture Time. These were often filled with dire warnings about being led astray by crafty music thieves like The Beatles. Eddrick would often sit crosslegged on a wooden stool playing minor chords on his acoustic guitar which he called Pot Pourri, while Eddie screeched Michael Stipe is a baldy cunt, over and over and over.

Afterwards we'd have supper which was usually a dry cracker and some ditch water, while Pearl Jam cackled at images of starving brown children. Still, I heard the Nickelback plantation was way worse.

<30>

I was about 11 when my older brother brought home Cowboys From Hell and played it on my parents CD player. Was and still is my Favorite album of all time. Will never get old.

I was a hardcore Pantera fan in the 90s.

Saw them at Ozzfest in 97 and when they opened for Black Sabbath in 99.

Did your father also make ridiculous claims like, ‘I invented the question mark’?

Asking for a friend..

One of the best ever. Their earliest stuff sucks but their last five albums are powerful!

I never really got round to Pantera, but that shit was one of the most awesome things I'd ever seen back in the day when I'd sit around watching music vids on TV all day. idk why but I never found a Pantera album down the shops to buy

HA!

Noob!

Poser!

j/k.

Pantera were one of my first Metal bands aswell. Still enjoy them.

5 minutes alone is my all time favorite metal song. It has everything and the kitchen sink in it.

RIP to the bros.

86c9ca5731aef2783a28a4d19a9d453b.gif

D3DAB9BC3D4A10255012F0A190BB4D8F3E97A798

-Pantera was my first concert at the age of 14.

-I was introduced to them in junior high and the first Pantera record I purchased was Far beyond Driven.

-Waited in line to Purchase the Great Southern Trendkill on the first day of release.

-Still to this day, the one band I’ve seen the most in concert.

~Respect!

One of my all time favourite live shows,I saw them in the 90’s(can’t remember the year w/White Zombie) on the last night of the tour,they were absolutely fucking crazy man!The crew,the band,just the antics onstage and by the sound board alone were enough for me to write a book..just that one show brother!I was blessed enough to see them three other times..good fucking times.
RIP...Dime & Vinnie

Gold, man. Fucking gold...

Let's be friends :)

I still listen to Far Beyond Driven, TGSTK, and Live 101 Proof all the time.

Around 1995 my friend an I bought some tickets to ozzfest in pittsburgh and somehow got my 40 year old alcoholic musician neighbor to drive us there in his s10. We were like 15 years old, no idea where the hell my parents were. Dude drank the whole way there and during the entire concert.
Anyway, when White Zombie came onstage and started playing, everyone started throwing shit in the air. It was raining trash for a good 45 seconds; one of my best memories ever.
One of my all time favourite live shows,I saw them in the 90’s(can’t remember the year w/White Zombie) on the last night of the tour,they were absolutely fucking crazy man!The crew,the band,just the antics onstage and by the sound board alone were enough for me to write a book..just that one show brother!I was blessed enough to see them three other times..good fucking times.
RIP...Dime & Vinnie

I never really got round to Pantera, but that shit was one of the most awesome things I'd ever seen back in the day when I'd sit around watching music vids on TV all day. idk why but I never found a Pantera album down the shops to buy
Sorry m8 but you truly missed out:(:(:(

I was a Pantera Kid…

Then your childhood was amazing!!

"Far beyond driven" was also my first Pantera record. And I saw them live in 2001 (or 2000, I'm not sure).

Nuclear-Devil-Horns.jpg

Back