I Was Signed To a Major Record Label (Reprise) AMA

300x300.jpg

Pre release doomed us and the album never was released. Cost us $10,000 in adavance costs.
View attachment 397903
Did y'all live for bitches and blunts, or weed and money?

So TS, how did you manage to get the rights to your songs back, especially when you didn't recoup the advance costs? Most artists never get the rights to their songs once they sign them away, and I'm talking about the successful ones who make plenty of money for the record company. That in itself is more amazing than any album or career

So TS, how did you manage to get the rights to your songs back, especially when you didn't recoup the advance costs? Most artists never get the rights to their songs once they sign them away, and I'm talking about the successful ones who make plenty of money for the record company. That in itself is more amazing than any album or career
I think the fact that my songs have 0 value might be a factor. Jeremy Dubs has used at least 10 of my beats in his films.

I think the fact that my songs have 0 value might be a factor. Jeremy Dubs has used at least 10 of my beats in his films.

I like how you put it, lol. I'll fight anyone who says you're not a poet

That's so weird that the record company wouldn't hold on to them just out of spite after losing 10k.

That's so weird that the record company wouldn't hold on to them just out of spite after losing 10k.

I like how you put it, though, lol. I'll fight anyone who says you're not a poet
Make a song of mine popular?

That's also from the album that I blasted the shit out of after setting up my brand new stereo in my most recent residence about five years ago. 8:30 at night the neighbor and his crony (tenant) come over bitching about noise. Three acre lots even. But in fairness, the bass on that has some thump and sound travels pretty good in that direction.

<Gordonhat>

He soon moved on to bitching about about my dog barking and called the authorities a few times. His shitty old dog-hating heart started to give out so he sold and moved closer to his doctor. While dicey early, I'v put it in the win column.

<28>

The $10k was to produce the album. It cost us about $2000. They released a single that did not do well. They had us play at a snowboarding show and sold some songs to snowboarders but beyond that felt that the album was worthless. This was the single, produced by us. https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=4036383
Pretty good, idk it just feels like it’s missing something. Easily could have been big imo.

Back